View Full Version : Bagaba and his annoying brothers

1nikita1
11-20-2008, 03:43 AM
I have completed 4 frog related quests in the Marshan swamps:
Subdue Bagaba
Enthrallment of Bogis
Dirty Butory
Bogis' problem
They all show completed, but there is still a quest flag flying over Bagaba the middle brother, but he is not offering any other quests. Any clues anybody? Truly I am ready to kill all these frogs at this point.

Roman
11-20-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't know if this will help you, but an interesting thing happened to me, when I solved the frog quests. When I was solving Bogis' Problem, I went to Bagaba and told him that I am going to tell the eldest frogus (I forget his name), but then I went directly back to Bogis and it completed the quest. Having done this I went to the eldest frogus and told him that I am sick of the frogus' squabbles and I am going to make him fly King Mark's flag and I did that (after a fight). Then I went to each frogus and told them to fly King Mark's flag. What is interesting is that the status of my quest "Bogis' Problem" changed from solved to failed after I did this.

milo
11-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the tip didn't know about this, what is reward if you make them all fly king's flag?

Roman
11-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the tip didn't know about this, what is reward if you make them all fly king's flag?

As far as I can ascertain, there is no in-game reward for this (IIRC making them fly king's flag does not show as a quest), though the satisfaction of pacifying the froguses was reward enough for me! Bogis is actually happy about flying the king's flag rather than that of his brothers and Bagaba acquiesces without a further fight (he was already defeated in the quest to make him fly his elder brother's flag after all) - the only fight involved is with the eldest brother.

kadrzys
11-20-2008, 02:13 PM
and you've got one more easy fight if you need them a lot for some items (especially Pain Skull^^)

1nikita1
11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
It is too late to go back and make 'em fly the Kings flag (way to much replay) but if I play again I will keep that in mind. But basically no one knows why Bagaba still has a quest flag?

Gatts
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I just wonder if this would not damage the strategy of some players who like royal snakes, as based on my experience the eldest frogus had thousands of them (and some other cool units as bonus too, like red beholders etc.)
And I am afraid that by defeatin this bogus would make his castle empty, wouldn't it?

Wenla
11-21-2008, 11:07 AM
But basically no one knows why Bagaba still has a quest flag?

Propably you have to visit oldest brother (forgot the name, near alchemist shop) once more time to get final acceptance (this was open quest for me also long time...).

Wenla

Gatts
11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Propably you have to visit oldest brother (forgot the name, near alchemist shop) once more time to get final acceptance (this was open quest for me also long time...).

Wenla

The same problem that the castle signs are "quest" like not " coing/sell" like even as all my frog quests are done I observed very often.

Even if I don't have it documented - I believe that if you do correct the "politics" this won't happen (meaning: near the end - you should carefully decide what you thell whom to avoid miscomunication and then all quests are flagged done in your QUEST journal as well no castle has QUEST signs above his castle)

If you do this visits in wrong order - you can't revert it (only by load) - so no matter with whom you will speak, it is just too late.
It is very similar to old Albion - if you visited someone in specific quest sooner than you should - the king was killed, but if you visited the right people in correct order - the king survived.

NOTE ADD:
I have tested it again and payed attention on the bagaba trial of frong brothers - won both castle battles - raised above each of the 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) King Mark's flag - all three buildings had "coin" floating above (not quest mark) and in my quest book were all bagaba quests marked as finished / completed
And I could access all three buildings in order to buy/sell (in the house only buy) units/ artefacts.

Lex
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
NOTE ADD:
I have tested it again and payed attention on the bagaba trial of frong brothers - won both castle battles - raised above each of the 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) King Mark's flag - all three buildings had "coin" floating above (not quest mark) and in my quest book were all bagaba quests marked as finished / completed
And I could access all three buildings in order to buy/sell (in the house only buy) units/ artefacts.
How to get this?
- 3 houses (1 house, 2 castles) with king's flag
- 3 buildings with coin mark (not quest mark)
- 3 froggy quests marked as finished / completed

Unfortunatelly, Gatts was logged in last time long time ago so... can anyone else confirm this? I am doing these quests in this order:

Squelch (quest: Subdue Bagaba) → Bagaba (attack / Squelch's flag) → Squelch (reward: Subdue Bagaba) →
→ Bagaba (quest: The Enthrallment of Bogis) → Bogis (Bagaba's flag) → Bagaba (reward: The Enthrallment of Bogis) →
→ Bogis (quest: Bogis' Problem) → Squelch (attack / king's flag) → Bagaba (king's flag)* → Bogis (king's flag / reward: Bogis' Problem)

At the moment I am putting king's flag on Bagaba's castle (*) I am getting "failed" mark on previously completed / finished / rewarded The Enthrallment of Bogis quest...
If I omit this (*) step and go directly from Squelch to Bogis I am getting all three quests completed BUT there is still quest mark over Bagaba's castle and no king's flag there.

So... something is wrong here. Anyone tested this again?

Lex
11-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I did more tests today. I can not get "coin / shop" symbol over Bagaba's (middle brother) castle even when I am finishing this series of quests by doing them "normal way" i.e. by not attacking Squelch and putting his flag over youngest brother house. And yes, my tests also included finishing additional quest from Bagaba, Dirty Butory's Debt.

Now I am really interested in how it is possible to get coin mark over Bagaba's castle like Gatts said in his post? :shock:

Vulture
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
As I said in the other thread, that's how it is supposed to be.

Lex
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
As I said in the other thread, that's how it is supposed to be.
So this is a bug? How could Gatts get something different then?

Vulture
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
The way Gatts has it is the way how it's supposed to be. It's the same here.

Lex
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
The way Gatts has it is the way how it's supposed to be. It's the same here.
Sooo..... (I do not quite understand your post) :|

Is it ONLY supposed to have 3 houses with king's flag AND 3 buildings with coin AND 3 froggy quests marked as finished BUT it is impossible to get that situation because of some bug?

OR

You get that all yourself without any trouble and then my question: can you explain how?

Vulture
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Sooo..... (I do not quite understand your post) :|

Is it ONLY supposed to have 3 houses with king's flag AND 3 buildings with coin AND 3 froggy quests marked as finished BUT it is impossible to get that situation because of some bug?

OR

You get that all yourself without any trouble and then my question: can you explain how?

I complete Subdue Bagaba for Squelch, then I complete Bogis Problem and then I hoist Mark's Flags over the castles. I never had any problems with that. I don't particularly remember the order in which I visit the castles since that allegedly influences the outcome, tho.

Lex
11-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I was trying all possible ways and nothing... I still have:

a) The Enthrallment of Bogis marked red in the end
OR
b) Middle castle without King's Flag

Sigh :(

Is there any chance that you could replay these quests to check the order?

BTW: You said you've completed Bogis Problem and THEN* marked all castles with king's flag? *then = after? I've checked that and when I have this quest already completed I do not have any options in conversation to put king's flag over any castle...

Eat-Man
12-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I did more tests today. I can not get "coin / shop" symbol over Bagaba's (middle brother) castle even when I am finishing this series of quests by doing them "normal way" i.e. by not attacking Squelch and putting his flag over youngest brother house. And yes, my tests also included finishing additional quest from Bagaba, Dirty Butory's Debt.

Now I am really interested in how it is possible to get coin mark over Bagaba's castle like Gatts said in his post? :shock:

I did this quests "normal way" today, after putting Squelsh's Flag over the youngest brother house I got all completed and the Bagaba's castle had the quest symbol, I went there to get the Dirty Butory quest, took the bribe and went back to complete the quest and get the shop symbol, the difference is that the youngest brother house don't have the shop symbol but you can shop there anyway, so all completed 3 shops but only 2 shop symbols.