PDA

View Full Version : Mod Request: Spirit ~ Hero aligment

Gatts
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I could be totally wrong with my need, but here it is anyway:

Could be the Spirit's skills power aligned with Hero stats? (like INT with mage, ATT with warrior, and I don't know with what to alignt with paladin - probably with skill AVG)

Even if the spirit skills are overpowered now in some ways - why not lead them towards ultimate destruction of enemies?

Also the bonus could be small - not impacting the game as much, but still giving good feeling to players who like to focus on the spirit power (could be also added in form of skills - would be pretty usefull for palladin who mostly has more runes to spare)

The basic DMG would be the same, and the improvement could be really slight:
mage with INT 3 would give only + 3% to dmg of slashing sword.
but for instance mage with INT 50, could be able to use 2 spirits in one round

Or skill for paladin that would allow the usage of "soul steeler [kills 50% of enemy stack]" on undead as well.

Would allow Warrior to use gizmo for ressurection as well with high enough ATT

Would allow Mage to gain mana from ice ball attacks

Or bring up special quests that could be gained in spirit dialouges, when these quests are completed, special hidden spirit skills would be unlocked.

I am having megalomaniacal issues, but somehow I miss the fact of the spirits potential that was revealed at the beginning of the game... i.e. - why kill only 50% of one stack (living stack), who not spend additional efforts to make it 75% and working 2 stacks of living/or not...

Does it sound overpowered... well, I told ya I have megolo-issue :P

For intance in the dwarven map where you can go only using the train is a device that looks like the one that powered Lina up - I would love to have a side quest which would make this second device workin (missing tooth is found) and Lina would be much more powerfull -

Keneth
11-19-2008, 01:48 PM
You can't make different bonuses for each class but you might be able to add intelligence bonus to certain things by editing the right LUA files (spirit_*.lua), you can use the spells_power.lua as the guideline for applying int bonuses. However this would make no sense whatsoever, you are not the one casting spirit abilities, the spirits are, they only draw from your rage to fuel their powers. Hence improving the abilities based on your stats would be nonsense. Also as of yet I have been unable to find out how dialogs and quests are created, so you won't be using that generator in Mehgard any time soon (though I vaguely recall the dwarf downstairs mentioning some use for it).

kadrzys
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
agree with Keneth

Gatts
11-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Well - spirits draw the power from the box, but are totally connected to the box owner - the hero is the channel - and as any channel, it may possibly impact the outcome by it's own abilities. For this I would go for ATT instead INT (if can't make it hero class unique) - so the otherwise overprised mage would not be even more overpowered, but logcially as any warrior - even our warrior should be the best example of RAGE bearer - and his own personal RAGE (ATT) would also improve the box rage spirits... ARRRR!
It is like any tool - even normal pistol draws the power from the gunpowder of each bulled - but the user makes the difference, or car - each car has it's own engine - but the driver makes the difference...
For the rage box I believe that it would differently react on flower power hippie or outraged sadist from Bronx NY - that's why I was hoping to alling it to the dialouges - if the user is PEACE oriented guy who wants to solve problem by kissing and flowers, rage is lower/weaker. If the user is for any fight and gets angry even if the birds are singing (one day because the sing loudly, the other that they sing not loudly enough, the third day because they sing ...)

Thank you for the tips on modding.

For the dwarf below - as it is the only dialogue-positive person in that land - I logically awaited he would somehow make a quest for the device - I also returned there after I was nearly done in the labyrinth - sadly I could not figure out any device-connected dialogue options with him nor other dwarfs on the way (true is I didn't asked all dwarves)

Keneth
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Actually I think the modern gun is the most accurate metaphor, you can aim it and decide when to pull the trigger but the bullet will always fly in the same manner and do the same ammount of damage. :-P

Gatts
11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Actually I think the modern gun is the most accurate metaphor, you can aim it and decide when to pull the trigger but the bullet will always fly in the same manner and do the same ammount of damage. :-P

Hmm - I got your point...
by selecting the right time/place in battle is like aming, trigerring correctly is like chosing the correct spirit skill... yep... that is right... so ok, it would not make much REAL sense - but still I would try to make this mod :D

BTW - not that I would like to argue anymore (as I agree with the point from Keneth) still when one is not skilled enough - he would miss a target even with max efforts... but skilled shooter may use the same pistol/revolver and hit 6 different targets, all six in above 50 ft. distance in less than 10 seconds... I would not hit a basketball on 50 ft. distance with none of the 6 tries :)

Keneth
11-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Your gunslinger accuracy relates to how well you choose your spirit's target (e.g. using soul drain to deal 10k damage instead of 2k, or placing the ice ball right so that it tanks effectively), whereas the speed of shooting depends on how fast you can reload (i.e. how effectively you collect rage) and how much cooldown time the weapon needs (i.e. spirit rest). :mrgreen:

Anyway, let me know if you need any help. :grin: