PDA

View Full Version : Australians: Do you have the game?

Metroplex
11-18-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi, I would have never actually realized the existence of KB if it hadn't been for a local computer magazine including the demo in their DVD and me Googling it to find out more, the problem is that this game release date in Australia is not yet known for sure so I am planning on buying it on ebay or overseas whichever deal is better for me when I have money.
So, have any aussies actually played the game fully, where did you get it and how lucky that you got it so soon.
p.s. you westerners can also post as seeing on how the developers are Russian it was a very obscure game and the same question applies.

Zhuangzi
11-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Yes. Downloaded from Gamersgate the day it was released.

If you don't know what Gamersgate is, you should. I have bought four games from them now and I've never had a problem. You can re-download at any time and you pay in US dollars, which means it's cheaper than retail here. When the game was released, I paid Aus$48 for US$40. I suspect it's a bit more now. :rolleyes:

Ryder
11-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Yep, I bought the boxed version from Gamestop.com in the US for just under $90. Might be cheaper to through the NZ store gameplanetstore (or now known as mightyape).

stubbie
11-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Yes. Downloaded from Gamersgate the day it was released.

If you don't know what Gamersgate is, you should. I have bought four games from them now and I've never had a problem. You can re-download at any time and you pay in US dollars, which means it's cheaper than retail here. When the game was released, I paid Aus$48 for US$40. I suspect it's a bit more now. :rolleyes:

Currently that will cost you $62AU.
Amazing what a difference a month or so makes :(
And Gamersgate is probably the best way to get the game for aussies.
Unless anyone has heard anything about an aussie release? but I doubt it, unfortunately.

Gatts
11-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi, I would have never actually realized the existence of KB if it hadn't been for a local computer magazine including the demo in their DVD and me Googling it to find out more, the problem is that this game release date in Australia is not yet known for sure so I am planning on buying it on ebay or overseas whichever deal is better for me when I have money.
So, have any aussies actually played the game fully, where did you get it and how lucky that you got it so soon.
p.s. you westerners can also post as seeing on how the developers are Russian it was a very obscure game and the same question applies.

No worries friend, my country is in the middle of Europe - and is very russian friendly - but when I called to our local stores and asked about KB (in the week when it was published in EU) they even didn't know KB exists (they started to argue with me that I have to have in mind Disciples 3 - which is not there yet - I replied that I would wonder if they have D3 as even the demo was released only in Moscow and to very trusted people as it is nowhere to find - I gave them the homepage of KB and the URL link to the EU release statement - and they ended ashamed - as the store clerkx are huge HOMM fans :) )

For the most new games I have bought - I bought them via internet:
1. no miserable localizations [not to mention that nearly no game is localized in my mother language but in Czech - what is not fair IMHO]
2. it always cheaper than in stores
3. you don't need to go anywehre
4. - only minus is that you don't have fancy package, only your own burned/stored image (but well, I want play the game, not look on my shelves)

Metroplex
11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
At moment ebay has dissapointed me, there is only two sellers and both want PayPal with immediate payment which I can't, so I am going to buy it from another *secret* place it will cost me just $75AU including postage which isn't so bad considering I will have to wait a long time to see this game in Australian shelves- if at all.:-P

Metroplex
11-19-2008, 06:43 PM
No worries friend, my country is in the middle of Europe - and is very russian friendly - but when I called to our local stores and asked about KB (in the week when it was published in EU) they even didn't know KB exists (they started to argue with me that I have to have in mind Disciples 3 - which is not there yet - I replied that I would wonder if they have D3 as even the demo was released only in Moscow and to very trusted people as it is nowhere to find - I gave them the homepage of KB and the URL link to the EU release statement - and they ended ashamed - as the store clerkx are huge HOMM fans :) )

For the most new games I have bought - I bought them via internet:
1. no miserable localizations [not to mention that nearly no game is localized in my mother language but in Czech - what is not fair IMHO]
2. it always cheaper than in stores
3. you don't need to go anywehre
4. - only minus is that you don't have fancy package, only your own burned/stored image (but well, I want play the game, not look on my shelves)

Does that mean that you can technically just make multiple copies of the burned image and give out to your friends???:grin:

Zhuangzi
11-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Does that mean that you can technically just make multiple copies of the burned image and give out to your friends???:grin:

No, Gamersgate has a couple of protection measures. Firstly, you get a serial number to enter when you buy the game which you need to enter to install. Also, you have to be connected to the net to download the installer file. So I suppose if they noticed that x user had installed the game on 20 different computers, they would revoke the serial. That's how I understand it anyway.

Of course these measures aren't perfect. People will pirate games if they want to. But for someone like me, Gamersgate is the perfect tonic for piracy as it is very quick and convenient. :cool:

Gatts
11-20-2008, 02:32 PM

technically yes - but I would have to give them my traceable serial number which is unique and if they would give it further (and I know they would) someone would re-register it (what is pain in ass too) and I could lose my registration... You can guess what I will do...

The technical details are well described by Zhuangzi - even if with one serial you have 2 or 3 free re-registrations (that means that your HW changed - either you buy new video card, or you install it on different PC), also there is possible offline registration, which is not as nice and smooth.

If you give them good reason - you can re-register it on as many PC's you want - if the reason is damn bullet proof (I just can't think of any such reason, but I know that when I changed HW a lot due I wanted to find my ultimate PC configuration - and I spoke with the customer servis from ATARI I think (now I would go for Gamersgate as I was very dissapointed with the patch delay from ATARI) they had no problems with it) - but don't count on this too much - friend of mine had huge issue of re-registering some online game - and they didn't allow him to do so...

It is the same like with boxed version - you may borrow it to your firends - but do you want to? (depends on firends probably)