PDA

View Full Version : Man this is pissing me off!

Ryastar
11-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Ok, picture this: I am one mind rune away from a skill that i have been wanting for a long time. I am a ways from a level, so i am very happy to find a mind rune down in Lucky James' mines. HOWEVER, though i can click on it and see it, i cannot get to it and collect it. It is up against the wall, and there must be some obstacle in the way. There was a magic crystal right next to it that i WAS able to get, so why the hell can't i get this stupid rune?!?!?!?!? GAH!

TemjinGold
11-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Have you tried rotating the camera? Sometimes I see things that I can't get a "grab" icon on unless I fiddle with the camera angle some first.

Kaerwek
11-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Aye, same here. I've noticed that once I couldn't get a rune in some cave, and walked forth and back. Might've been the same rune you're talking about, as I'd recall there was another rune beside it I could get.

I couldn't get it by clicking on it, but I could get it through this way:

Moving my character by holding the mouse button and steering him close enough, he managed to get into a position where the autopathfinder couldn't get him into. Then I was close enough to grab the rune.

Kaer

Ryastar
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I thought i would supply a screenshot as well as say that i did find another mind rune in the mines, which is nice, and that i tried everything, but still can't get that (expletive deleted) mind rune

jake21
11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I frequently have this issue with objects and as another poster said I almost always uniformly resolve the issue by rotating the camera. Not sure why that fixes it but it does :)

Have you tried rotating the camera and perhaps moving a little with the rotated camera ?

I thought i would supply a screenshot as well as say that i did find another mind rune in the mines, which is nice, and that i tried everything, but still can't get that (expletive deleted) mind rune

Smash
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
There is error exactly in this place, you are not alone :).
Just don't bother with this rune.

Metathron
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I had problems with several runes like this, however I have managed to snatch all of them with some patience and seemingly pointless walking around it and rotating the camera. All of them save one - the one you describe. So just fuhgedaboutit. :)

milo
11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Use the cursor keys when mouse pathfinding seems not to work.

Ryder
11-19-2008, 04:33 AM
I had trouble with a flag once. I zoomed right in, rotated the camera, and got it eventually.

Sandsai
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I had the same issue with another rune, same place though.

YENKO
11-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Once i disembarked from my ship on a piece of shore with a rune on it and a huge stack patrolling the shoreline. i waited for the stack to turn away, picked the rune and..was unable to board my ship again. It seems, i disembarked to early, so my ship was still a hair too distant to be boarded. No place to hide, so the huge stack found me and stomped me for good :)

Gatts
11-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok, picture this: I am one mind rune away from a skill that i have been wanting for a long time. I am a ways from a level, so i am very happy to find a mind rune down in Lucky James' mines. HOWEVER, though i can click on it and see it, i cannot get to it and collect it. It is up against the wall, and there must be some obstacle in the way. There was a magic crystal right next to it that i WAS able to get, so why the hell can't i get this stupid rune?!?!?!?!? GAH!

When you tried even cursor to move nearer and tried more angles when graabing it - send the savegame to the developers - maybe there is issue with spawning random items on wrong dungeon areas and it needs to be fixed.

Gatts
11-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Once i disembarked from my ship on a piece of shore with a rune on it and a huge stack patrolling the shoreline. i waited for the stack to turn away, picked the rune and..was unable to board my ship again. It seems, i disembarked to early, so my ship was still a hair too distant to be boarded. No place to hide, so the huge stack found me and stomped me for good :)

To me happend something similar - I off-boarded and couldn't board back (what actually happens a lot - but till then I could always use cursor keys or some different angles and boarded finaly successfully) this time it just didn't work no matter how many thousand times I tried my best to board... for this I was advised to use the "cheat" ship (or boat?) to be written in the console - yes - it is cheating, but better than re-loading back and lose your own time.

YENKO
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I would not consider that 'cheating' since a game glitch forced you into a dead-end situation :)
In my old WoW days, i remember being several times stuck in the 'environment' and the 'GameMasters' were informed, and they ehm..unstuck (sic!) me :)
Once my buddy ended up stuck in a tree, he informed the gamemaster who somewhat later whispered him 'hello, you still suck?' heeh he mispelled 'stuck'. It was a collective laugh riot, enough said :)