PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
All credit to some of the guys who claim to have basically, raped the game. On impossible, in under 25 days, with no losses....See, to me that sounds like absolute bullshit but there you go.

I'm not the greatest player of this game and never claimed to be. I just don't understand how it's possible to achieve these ridiculous scores!?!

Can the game devs shed any light on this?

Metathron
11-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, some of these "braggers" actually elaborate on their strategies...if you would care to take the time to read them, rather than throwing this big stink (and not for the first time, either) about how they must be cheating.

Zhuangzi
11-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

I said before that I was getting tired of your inferiority complex. You want to learn? Go read sector24's 'No losses' thread. Have a look at 'Surviving on Impossible' or 'Impossible Warrior Challenge.' Better yet, take up MajorS's offer of having a look at his savegames, all 83 of them from his last game.

You just can't handle that people might be better at the game than you are. I've played this game for well over 200 hours now and I can recognise the fact that there are some players (Calinda, MajorS, sector24) who have done better than I have. But do you hear me carping on about it? :rolleyes:

sector24
11-17-2008, 01:16 AM
I think planning goes a long way towards getting a high score. Just think about it this way, the time you spend in combat doesn't count towards the score. If you spend an hour in combat making sure you end the fight with full mana and rage and don't lose anyone, and 7 seconds running to the next fight, you can clear an entire continent in a couple game hours. It's just a matter of spending the time that counts against your score wisely.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Okay, I'll bite.

I said before that I was getting tired of your inferiority complex. You want to learn? Go read sector24's 'No losses' thread. Have a look at 'Surviving on Impossible' or 'Impossible Warrior Challenge.' Better yet, take up MajorS's offer of having a look at his savegames, all 83 of them from his last game.

You just can't handle that people might be better at the game than you are. I've played this game for well over 200 hours now and I can recognise the fact that there are some players (Calinda, MajorS, sector24) who have done better than I have. But do you hear me carping on about it? :rolleyes:

1) It's a game, nothing more. I don't have an inferiority complex. But I do have a life outside of my bedroom, we can't all be "experts" claiming this and that can we..posting screen shots ha ha
2) Only four people out of the thousands that have bought it make these ridiculous claims. You see the same thing on every forum for a game I have ever bought and it will never change. Within the first week of a game release someone claims to have blitzed the game and it's laughable.

I appreciate the "longwinded" threads from all of the "experts" on this game for the advice of how to cane the game, yet few of us are able to implement these tactics, funny that.

And for the record, you are not on my list of bullshitters so stop being such a girl!

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-17-2008, 01:25 AM
I think planning goes a long way towards getting a high score. Just think about it this way, the time you spend in combat doesn't count towards the score. If you spend an hour in combat making sure you end the fight with full mana and rage and don't lose anyone, and 7 seconds running to the next fight, you can clear an entire continent in a couple game hours. It's just a matter of spending the time that counts against your score wisely.

We must be playing a different game mate :-)

MajorS
11-17-2008, 03:39 AM
We must be playing a different game mate :-)

Obviously. Just go read the Russian board with google translate, this is nothing here ...
But it really looks like you got issues here. So just because you cant play Chess like Anand he must be cheating right? And even if he explained his strategies most people wouldnt be able too follow. Same thing just on a higher level ...

I had fun playing this game with min/max and to see whats possible. No losses game? Possible. Beat impossible in 11 days? Possible. Both? Not sure but you bet that some people have fun with different things than you do. So why dont you just stop whining?

Calinda
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Quote from the topic of the thread:
"Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?"

I will try to answer both questions:
1. Apperantly you are missing something. Lots of things actually.
2. Apperantly the braggers may be that good.

P.S. If you ask me these answers aren't more rude than the thread topic.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't see how you can take a guy from level 0 to level 30 in fifteen days. I'm sure i'm not the only one. Can't find any vids on youtube of people killing an impossible hero within say 6 days for example...

Shame really cause I do with the help :-)

Calinda
11-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Shame really cause I do with the help :-)

Really, yeah ....

TheHourOfTheMice
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
it was a dark and stormy night. a black wind howled, bludgeoning those poor souls unlucky enough to find themselves out-of-doors. king's bounty hunter (hereafter referred to as "KBH") was oblivious to their privations, however, as he was safely ensconced like some real-life jabba the hutt in his mother's basement.

with the warm glow of the monitor reflecting off his coke-bottle glasses and the familiar hum of his cpu fan buzzing away, KBH was indeed in his element. busy shoveling cheezy poofs into his cavernous gullet by the fistful with one hand and madly clicking his mouse with the other (all the while trying to avoid fat-fingering mouse2 with his plump, sausage-like index finger), he pays no attention as his cheezy poof hand absently scratches his tighty-whitey clad hindquarters, creating a jackson pollockesque splash of fluorescent orange to contrast violently with old brown and yellow stains.

suddenly, his eyelids, making a heroic effort to fly open, strain mightily against the porcine flesh of his face. "NNUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO," he cries, spittle flying out of his mouth in viscous strands to land limply on his monitor. how could this have happened?!? day 47 rolled by on the monitor, marking yet another easy-mode completion in KB:TL. furious, KBH lets loose an incoherent scream, prompting his mother to stomp on the floor. "THOSE CHEATERS...DONE IN UNDER 25 DAYS ON IMPOSSIBLE?!? INCONCEEEEEEEEEIVABLE!, he yells as he angrily clicks on his internet explorer button, hitting his bookmark for the 1C forums. hot tears of fury and shame mixing with his running nose in a slow river down his face, KBH mutters darkly, "i'll expose those cheating bastards on the forums...if the great blackwolf the dragonmaster can't do it, NOBODY CAN (because my mommy says i'm special)." [cue camera fade]

face it, kbh...you're terribad and a whiner to boot. just because you're too stupid to make it work (yes, stupid...because this game requires no skill, just a bit of intelligence and a bit of luck) doesn't mean it can't be done.

judging from your psychological profile, there's an 99.6% (repeating, of course) chance you're a rager IRL. wipe that foam off your mouth kid, it's just a game.

-mice

alon
11-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Obviously. Just go read the Russian board with google translate, this is nothing here ...
But it really looks like you got issues here. So just because you cant play Chess like Anand he must be cheating right? And even if he explained his strategies most people wouldnt be able too follow. Same thing just on a higher level ...

I had fun playing this game with min/max and to see whats possible. No losses game? Possible. Beat impossible in 11 days? Possible. Both? Not sure but you bet that some people have fun with different things than you do. So why dont you just stop whining?
I liked your answer the most because you connected the rational of a chess playing strategist to a King's Bounty player: no amount of time invested in the game, playing or planing or reloading - is considered "insane".

It's painfully obvious the thread started is so very far from being in the same league with those players. If he persists - we should all simply ignore him...

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-17-2008, 05:46 PM
it was a dark and stormy night. a black wind howled, bludgeoning those poor souls unlucky enough to find themselves out-of-doors. king's bounty hunter (hereafter referred to as "KBH") was oblivious to their privations, however, as he was safely ensconced like some real-life jabba the hutt in his mother's basement.

with the warm glow of the monitor reflecting off his coke-bottle glasses and the familiar hum of his cpu fan buzzing away, KBH was indeed in his element. busy shoveling cheezy poofs into his cavernous gullet by the fistful with one hand and madly clicking his mouse with the other (all the while trying to avoid fat-fingering mouse2 with his plump, sausage-like index finger), he pays no attention as his cheezy poof hand absently scratches his tighty-whitey clad hindquarters, creating a jackson pollockesque splash of fluorescent orange to contrast violently with old brown and yellow stains.

suddenly, his eyelids, making a heroic effort to fly open, strain mightily against the porcine flesh of his face. "NNUUUUUOOOOOOOOOO," he cries, spittle flying out of his mouth in viscous strands to land limply on his monitor. how could this have happened?!? day 47 rolled by on the monitor, marking yet another easy-mode completion in KB:TL. furious, KBH lets loose an incoherent scream, prompting his mother to stomp on the floor. "THOSE CHEATERS...DONE IN UNDER 25 DAYS ON IMPOSSIBLE?!? INCONCEEEEEEEEEIVABLE!, he yells as he angrily clicks on his internet explorer button, hitting his bookmark for the 1C forums. hot tears of fury and shame mixing with his running nose in a slow river down his face, KBH mutters darkly, "i'll expose those cheating bastards on the forums...if the great blackwolf the dragonmaster can't do it, NOBODY CAN (because my mommy says i'm special)." [cue camera fade]

face it, kbh...you're terribad and a whiner to boot. just because you're too stupid to make it work (yes, stupid...because this game requires no skill, just a bit of intelligence and a bit of luck) doesn't mean it can't be done.

judging from your psychological profile, there's an 99.6% (repeating, of course) chance you're a rager IRL. wipe that foam off your mouth kid, it's just a game.

-mice

How did you know I liked Cheesy poofs :grin: (looks around the room and out the window)

That was beautifully written and a pleasure to read :cool:

Your Sincerely

The Pantomime Baddy

travcm
11-17-2008, 07:34 PM
1. Don't waste runes on useless skills
2. Don't waste time recharging or walking around on the map
3. Know where to go next / Don't backtrack / Plan ahead
4. Abuse the best possible armies combinations for the area that you're in

As said before, only time spent on the map counts toward game time. Battle time doesn't count. You can slowly win battles with good planning and then rage drain / mana spring / resurrect (or steal/sacrifice) your army back up to full troops, mana, and rage so after the fight you zoom on to the next without delay. It's not so complicated, but obviously requires playing through the game a few times to know how to do everything in the least amount of walking time.

Ish
11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Steady on with the comments fellas.

Some people probably exaggerate slightly but there is sufficient depth in strategy in this game to be able to abuse the hell out of most enemies if you work out how.

e.g. freedom isles: Seadogs + teleport + glots armor + shaman's totem + ressurect etc make fights very easy on impossible. And most fights could be won easily with just those 2 units.

there are countless ways to do this.

I'm playing through on impossible for the first time and not having much difficulty, although there are some fights you have to accept cant be won when you first encounter them - e.g. slim shady in the marshan swamp

Keneth
11-18-2008, 02:27 AM
You should also note two very important factors. 1) Most of the shit in this game is random, if you get Resurrect in Darion - Awesome! - but I didn't get it until well into Elflands, nor did I get a satisfyingly large ammount of inquisitors, so I just had to deal with the losses, using strategy as the main tool to keep them at a minimum. 2) A lot of the things in this game are modable, while I'm sure that some people could have pulled it off with pure luck and effort, I'm just as sure that one could fake with it only some minor code editing skill. Not to mention you can manipulate time and numbers in dev mode.:-P

Gatts
11-18-2008, 02:38 PM
All credit to some of the guys who claim to have basically, raped the game. On impossible, in under 25 days, with no losses....See, to me that sounds like absolute bullshit but there you go.

I'm not the greatest player of this game and never claimed to be. I just don't understand how it's possible to achieve these ridiculous scores!?!

Can the game devs shed any light on this?

well - I never had 0 loses even on easy - and I played KB tL for so many times (finished it at least 20 times, once on impossible) - still there are games when you re-load enough times - you can follow 0-loss policy, KB is not this type of game IMHO - for instance the first training fight with the dragon - you would need a lot of luck to make it w/o losing a unit :) - just try it. You may skip this battle, or re-load if you have loses, but there are battles when you can't skip them, and I wonder is someone is ready to invest numerous re-loads, time for very detailed planning (as you need to his your enemy with perfectly prepared army to gain 0-loss) - and at least you can't finish all quests (like the one where you fight your future yourself)

I personally don't believe that 0-loss policy is possible in KB (w/o cheating).
I finished once with only few thousand loses (on easy) and I feel very lucky and skilled - when compared with the pre-set ranks of honour (whre loses are around 100K) [fact is that it was never my intention to totaly focus on 0-loss policy, still I tried my best to lose as few as possible, but I didn't re-load if I lost someone even if I felt I could do better... one vamp here or there :)]

travcm
11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
does the training fight with the dragon even count towards your totals?

Gatts
11-18-2008, 03:59 PM
does the training fight with the dragon even count towards your totals?

Good point - I believe yes, but this was only an example anyway.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
You should also note two very important factors. 1) Most of the shit in this game is random, if you get Resurrect in Darion - Awesome! - but I didn't get it until well into Elflands, nor did I get a satisfyingly large ammount of inquisitors, so I just had to deal with the losses, using strategy as the main tool to keep them at a minimum. 2) A lot of the things in this game are modable, while I'm sure that some people could have pulled it off with pure luck and effort, I'm just as sure that one could fake with it only some minor code editing skill. Not to mention you can manipulate time and numbers in dev mode.:-P

Interesting...

sector24
11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
The training fight with the dragon does count towards your totals, and it is completely impossible to beat it without losses as far as I know. You have to run around him and snipe the princess.

I'm not offended that you think the game can't be beaten without losses, and I hope you're not offended that I said I did it. It's just the internet there's nothing at stake. :)

phoenixreborn
11-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Who cares? It's a single player game guys. And y'all want MultiPlayer.

YENKO
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh, comeon now!
We're making simple things too complicated here.
Since my early days on Internet, i learned one very simple and important fact: i can maybe 'own' a game and consider myself an 'ace', but, once i compare my results with the results other people in the world have at playing the same game, the truth is obvious: in my backyard i am maybe the king, but globally, worldwide, i might be just a pimple on a butt of an elephant.
Simply, there are talented people that can rip apart a given game much better than anyone else. No way in hell to best people like this, especially if they have tons of gaming time on their hands. Works for any game, especially multiplayer online games.
Maybe one in a million, but the millions are many, so, there you are. There are guys/girls who can cut apart a human eye, then sew it together and it will work better than before. It's just talent. And alot of free time.
Never EVER underestimate people with tons of free time on their hands :)

Instead of scorning people like that, i will rather sit and absorb any hint they might give me, thus making my gaming skills improve. Our OP probably acted somewhat abruptly, but i am sure noone hates the guys that managed to 'rape' KB:L. :) They are the exceptions, NOT the mediocre players who make 99% of the target gaming population, WE are! :)

Peace, and have fun! ;)
Sorry for my English, it's not my mother's tongue, it's rather my third one ;)

kennec
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
for me its hardest in beginning. with some luck on mobs and spells its gets easy or very easy from from lvl 10.

getting sacrifize,resurection,firerain for mages, good artifacts, royal snakes avaible,inqvisators avaible and so on.

i have played some games with 7 inqvisators and no royal snakes and non of the spells above on normal hehe.

i rather play on impossible with them then normal without em.

Zhuangzi
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh, comeon now!
We're making simple things too complicated here.
Since my early days on Internet, i learned one very simple and important fact: i can maybe 'own' a game and consider myself an 'ace', but, once i compare my results with the results other people in the world have at playing the same game, the truth is obvious: in my backyard i am maybe the king, but globally, worldwide, i might be just a pimple on a butt of an elephant.
Simply, there are talented people that can rip apart a given game much better than anyone else. No way in hell to best people like this, especially if they have tons of gaming time on their hands. Works for any game, especially multiplayer online games.
Maybe one in a million, but the millions are many, so, there you are. There are guys/girls who can cut apart a human eye, then sew it together and it will work better than before. It's just talent. And alot of free time.
Never EVER underestimate people with tons of free time on their hands :)

Instead of scorning people like that, i will rather sit and absorb any hint they might give me, thus making my gaming skills improve. Our OP probably acted somewhat abruptly, but i am sure noone hates the guys that managed to 'rape' KB:L. :) They are the exceptions, NOT the mediocre players who make 99% of the target gaming population, WE are! :)

Peace, and have fun! ;)
Sorry for my English, it's not my mother's tongue, it's rather my third one ;)

This is the best post in the whole thread. I agree.

Oh, and I was scratching my head about the Green Dragon in the Training Centre. I couldn't kill it without losing the peasants, and I was thinking 'HOW am I supposed to do this without losses?' I thought I was just stupid. :-P

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-18-2008, 11:07 PM
So, basically the likes of sector etc Are taking up to 20 turns (if need be) to finish a fight, then legging it too the next one :grin:

I suppose that could be possible, and then to get no losses using that time/life consuming method. That's very anal and calculated but I have no problem with that, if people like the game that much to go to those lengths. Playing the game that way sounds very stressful though ha ha

Prior to this game I was playing Sins of a Solar Empire and some of the mods being created on there are absolutely brilliant. Star Trek mods/Star Wars mods to name a few, but I moved on and ended up here :-P

Well done guys, those of you have belittled this wonderful game by sussing it out and winning in less than 15 days gametime, I take my withered hat off to you.

MajorS
11-19-2008, 02:55 AM
I suppose that could be possible, and then to get no losses using that time/life consuming method. That's very anal and calculated but I have no problem with that, if people like the game that much to go to those lengths. Playing the game that way sounds very stressful though ha ha

I had fun every KB game i played. And yes some fights took way more than 20 rounds. And some took atleast 10 reloads to get them 'perfect'. But i guess everyone that plays different from you plays "anal".

@YENKO i like your post. Im not an extreme player and everyone has different skills in different games. And who says getting the Highscore in a game is the best way to measure skill? Everyone can define their own challenges for an example beating the game in the least Real time (i would totally lose there, because of my perfectionism) And in the end its about how much fun you have with the game nothing else.

Gatts
11-19-2008, 08:26 AM
This is the best post in the whole thread. I agree.

Oh, and I was scratching my head about the Green Dragon in the Training Centre. I couldn't kill it without losing the peasants, and I was thinking 'HOW am I supposed to do this without losses?' I thought I was just stupid. :-P

Well - you can disband the three week units (peasants, archers, or sprites, dragonflies.... and fight only with horseman and crusaders...(or whatever they are)

Gatts
11-19-2008, 08:37 AM
I had fun every KB game i played. And yes some fights took way more than 20 rounds. And some took atleast 10 reloads to get them 'perfect'. But i guess everyone that plays different from you plays "anal".

@YENKO i like your post. Im not an extreme player and everyone has different skills in different games. And who says getting the Highscore in a game is the best way to measure skill? Everyone can define their own challenges for an example beating the game in the least Real time (i would totally lose there, because of my perfectionism) And in the end its about how much fun you have with the game nothing else.

Well - after so many people say they made impossible with 0-loss policy intact, I can't argue anymore.

Still what is not what I could get here:
I would agree that each separate enemy is beatable w/o loses, BUT for each enemy is different army needed (even if you create the best possible army, you will find out that it just doesn't work on some enemies )
My point here is that to make sure 0-loss policy is followed - for 5% of battles one should change the army totally (not just swap 2 units from your backup slots)
This would take some time to travel back to the castle where you would have (as I asssume that we speak about 100% planning freak) prepared you army deposit (one castle can hold 3 units - to change the army could need 4 units - but for this could use the brainiac his own backup slots : 3+2 = 5)
Still this is add-on time in game - which I just can't remove from my calculations -> hence I can't figure out the formula for beating the game on impossible with 0-loss policy and in short time...

Sometimes people describe the most difficult battles like it would be piece of cake - I wonder if anyone from the kings (making the game with 0 loses) would make the effort and create something like journal - journal of battles (what is again not possible for my imagination, but as these guys are known of breaking the bounds of impossibleness...) as there are cca 500 battles in the game - and the description would need the hero's army + enemy army + tactical battle description (and some battles as I read take 20 turns times number of units moving/attacking)
Still reading such Journal would be very exciting for me - as this would be the only way I could learn what I mysleft missed (as I still have some battles that I can't win w/o loses - even on easy - like the quest where you fight yourself - even if I heard about the tactics with lulaby - still you need to have populated at least 90% of your leadership - hence you can't leave none of your slots empty, so you can't lule all your enemy stack units)

Even if I would love to see one of the save games on my own computers - I would learn nothing :
1. not how they managed all the game w/o losses
2. I would not be able to make sure that the loss counter was not edited with memory editor
3. I would need to make the final fight myself - and I could lose at least one unit with my best interest not to.
Point three could be not so actual - as I could get "manual" from the savegame owner how to finish the fight - and by following it I should copy his own strategy - not losing any unit ... and than I couls see in the FINAL score table - still points 1, 2 would apply

So the Journal, with ingame video would be my cristmass wish (as I would love to learn from the PRO's) but as I know that nothing like that will be soon available (if ever) - I will just write to mr. Jesus and ask him only for Armored Princess to be placed under my christmass tree.

MajorS
11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I beat elven lands, undead lands, maze and Murock in my last game with the same army. Losses: 13 Thorn hunters. If i had used archers instead that you can easier resurrect (instead of having to deal with sacrifice and stacks too big afterwards) i would have zero losses. All you need is the reserve sometimes. As long as you work with mostly resurrectable units (avoid plants, undead and demons) and got an inquisitor stack and/or resurrection you can just sit and resurrect all units at the end of the battle. That may take an hour, but its possible.

I hope that the expansion comes with a battle replay feature. That way you could share tactics alot easier. Sometimes its just a matter of what units to move where and what spell to use to get certain AI behaviour. I prefer the AI casting sheep on a unit i would use Time Back on anyway than Lightning that hits his own possible asleep troops waking them up.

Wenla
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
If i had used archers instead that you can easier resurrect (instead of having to deal with sacrifice and stacks too big afterwards) etc etc

What happens if/when using sacrifice and the stock grows larger than your leadeship permits (except red values and crown (?) and information that your stack is too big). What are consiquenties? Can you use only allowed stack or not that stack at all? Have you remove overhead before next battle? Or what happens/you have to do?

Wenla

Keneth
11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
The troop is out of your control, it moves around the battlefield mostly assuming defensive posture.

YENKO
11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I found out that sector24's thread about paladin on impossible with zero losses is an excellent read, even for us, non-perfectionist players. It's packed with very useful hints, tactics and info on various types of mobs.
But i am sure most of you already know that. For those (like me) that might find useful information, there you are:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4979

Fun, fun above all! How do they say? Whatever floats your boat, right? ;)

MajorS
11-20-2008, 12:27 AM
What happens if/when using sacrifice and the stock grows larger than your leadeship permits (except red values and crown (?) and information that your stack is too big). What are consiquenties? Can you use only allowed stack or not that stack at all? Have you remove overhead before next battle? Or what happens/you have to do?

Wenla

It will move around out of control preventing you from finishing the battle and even attacking your troops, until the number falls enough so your leadership is enough.

Gatts
11-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Also what can happen (but not very often) is that the number goes above 150% of the original - than they will go FRENZY
Why is FRENZY worse?
When your unit is in Frenzy - it turns HOSTILE only - and is fully dedicated enemy - attacking your units each time.

Happend to me using ghosts (when fighting large armies, and my own gosts attacked enemies even when out of control - so their number have risen more and more)
also when used vamps (I had one stack of red bats and one stack of red vamps - when I transformed any of these - the both went frenzy... 2/5 of my army turned against me - not nice look, believe me)

YENKO
11-20-2008, 07:45 PM
It will move around out of control preventing you from finishing the battle and even attacking your troops, until the number falls enough so your leadership is enough.

Then, can it be eh...surgically fireballed? Just a little? :-P

MajorS
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes you can do that and actually you could possible use this to extend a battle for resurrecting fallen troops. This may work especially well with the split - Time back 'feature' of Griffons.

Gatts
11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
When you have units just out of control (101% ~ 149% of our max unit cap) you may finish tha battle w/o problems - I have so accumulated zounds of ghosts (after the battle I just moved the overcap units to my backup slot - gosts for free :) ) - the nuber counter is blue.

You can't end combat when your units go FRENZY ( they are real enemies - their count color is red, and they only attack you - as good behaving enemies) - now you can't finish the battle whan this happens - you need to fireball tham or anything - but hurry - as you can imagine that if you have i.e. 200% of your max red bats (and your leadership is 30K ) killing them in one turn is nearly impossible (killing the one half that is above your normal)

YENKO
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Freeze them, fear them, slow them, trap them, this opens a truckload new fun options i see :)
Can't wait to get those friggin' resurrect/sacrifice spells :(
But i accomplished my first great...accomplishment: i bought me a brand new wife!! (Rina). She wants to have babies now, How can i do that? I fear a simple cond** won't be enough as 'protection' this time... ;)

Gatts
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Freeze them, fear them, slow them, trap them, this opens a truckload new fun options i see :)
Can't wait to get those friggin' resurrect/sacrifice spells :(
But i accomplished my first great...accomplishment: i bought me a brand new wife!! (Rina). She wants to have babies now, How can i do that? I fear a simple cond** won't be enough as 'protection' this time... ;)

Rina's babies are week - ignore her... Any artefact would be better (basically there are weak boots in the game - but still I don't know how the game decides in which slot will be newborn baby placed)

it-ogo
11-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I think the baby is placed into random free slot. So, leave one free slot (which you like) and start reproduction process.

MajorS
11-22-2008, 12:57 AM
When you have units just out of control (101% ~ 149% of our max unit cap) you may finish tha battle w/o problems - I have so accumulated zounds of ghosts (after the battle I just moved the overcap units to my backup slot - gosts for free :) )

For me Units went frenzy the moment they are over the cap. Maybe it depends on game difficulty aswell.

Keneth
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
You get a baby by talking to the wife, tell her you want a baby, then fight 10 battles in order for it to be born. And no, the baby is not placed in a random free slot, the baby is placed in slot 11, that is, the one on the upper right. If you have something equipped there, it will be moved to inventory. I've never gotten to baby #2 but it's placed either in slot 9 (upper left), or slot 12 (bottom right). Since the babies are weak in vanilla game, I suggest you either don't have any, or try my TNG mod (found in mods section, obviously). For the latter I suggest waiting until I release the next version, the current one is still somewhat imbalanced.

YENKO
11-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Are you saying that it is better to get 4 good artifacts than 4 good babies? (well, getting both involves having tons of luck i guess) :rolleyes:

Keneth
11-22-2008, 11:06 PM
There's no such thing as 4 good babies, you might get 1 if you're lucky, whereas you get a boatload of good items along the way. :-P

Gatts
11-24-2008, 09:27 AM
For me Units went frenzy the moment they are over the cap. Maybe it depends on game difficulty aswell.

You are right - when I loaded my Impossible save - and tried it - really they gone Frenzy above 100%... so it would then difficulty based (as used most of this features on easy/ normal, when I didn't pay so much attention to the precise gameplay)

I tried to find it in the manual - but failed (I am sure it is there somewhere, but well - the google-translation is not the best one)

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks for hijacking my thread guys, talking about babies, there is another thread for that.

Imagine being some of these guys who meticulously go from one fight to the next, maintaining full mana and rage, and get to Demonis before you reach level six. :grin:

Briliant

Metathron
11-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't do that, but to each his own, eh?

YENKO
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't do that, but to each his own, eh?

Single-player games: anything goes ;)

ywhtptgt
11-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for hijacking my thread guys, talking about babies, there is another thread for that.

Imagine being some of these guys who meticulously go from one fight to the next, maintaining full mana and rage, and get to Demonis before you reach level six. :grin:

Briliant

I wouldn't want to go to Demonis before level 6... That smells like a very tough fight in the mine's castle.

MajorS
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
You dont have to fight anything in the mines to get to Demonis.

Keneth
11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
It takes some skill to get by all of the patrol troops but you have access to Demonis as soon as the mines open and it would be well worth rushing there and then doublebacking.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
It takes some skill to get by all of the patrol troops but you have access to Demonis as soon as the mines open and it would be well worth rushing there and then doublebacking.

Oh yeah?

Well I have two armies blocking my way too Demonis, maybe you can tell me how i get via them without modding something. Incidentally, Can the so called game rapers produce a screenshot without a mod applied. That of one made by others or their own (rubs hands with glee)

Amamake
11-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah?

Well I have two armies blocking my way too Demonis, maybe you can tell me how i get via them without modding something. Incidentally, Can the so called game rapers produce a screenshot without a mod applied. That of one made by others or their own (rubs hands with glee)

Yeah.

I do a demonis rush every time I play KB. It's easy. Mobs can be dodged and as far as I know the content of the adventuring map cannot be modded. You are just terrible at this game.

Metathron
11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah?

Can't you lure them away/run around them?

Keneth
11-28-2008, 11:59 PM
The two mobs at the portal require some fancy footwork but I have no doubt they can be avoided.

Zhuangzi
11-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Correct. In one of my games a hero was guarding the portal as well as a normal stack. It is tricky and did require a couple of reloads to achieve, but I managed to get around them and into Demonis. The important thing is you can't allow the enemy to be too close behind you otherwise you won't be able to get back into Underground Sea without fighting. So it is important to save the game, try to come back and see if it's possible, then reload in Demonis and continue.

It's not that hard, KBH. You just suck. :-P

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Correct. In one of my games a hero was guarding the portal as well as a normal stack. It is tricky and did require a couple of reloads to achieve, but I managed to get around them and into Demonis. The important thing is you can't allow the enemy to be too close behind you otherwise you won't be able to get back into Underground Sea without fighting. So it is important to save the game, try to come back and see if it's possible, then reload in Demonis and continue.

It's not that hard, KBH. You just suck. :-P

I did it he he

The armies of Kordar are insane though, really huge. One of them has over 200 dwarves and i'm lvl 15...I wont get resurrect till the Elven lands but defeating the castle to free Tom Diggurs son is looking decidedly dodgy!

Gatts
12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I did it he he

The armies of Kordar are insane though, really huge. One of them has over 200 dwarves and i'm lvl 15...I wont get resurrect till the Elven lands but defeating the castle to free Tom Diggurs son is looking decidedly dodgy!

Well, here's a tip for ya : there are players who have the "know how" of best strategies - so when you don't need 0-loss policy, you just need to win - browse a little bit this forum - and ask these guys (with screenshot of the enemy army - save, start the battle and create screenshot) - plus screenshot of your hero screen - and ask them how they would prepare for the battle - I am sure they will have a strategy even for your level :)