PDA

View Full Version : Peace with the Dwarfs - Where is Taron/Ardan's Peaks?

Roman
11-16-2008, 06:19 AM
I have reached Kordar through the mines and have been sneaking through Upper Hadar to try to find the Dwarven capital Taron, which is supposed to be in Ardan's Peaks. The only further passage I found, however, is underground and leads to Lower Hadar... well, I doubt that "Peaks" will be located underground.

My mage is only level 12 - hence my sneaking around rather than fighting through the stacks, which would lead to heavy losses for me at this stage. I guess I should probably return to the Isles of Freedom to gain a bit more experience, but I wanted to complete this King's quest to unlock more infinite units and access to another continent, so that I can pick and chose where to go at what time.

milo
11-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Have you found the exit in lower hadar to taron mines? Go through there, the arden peaks exit is not far from the taron mines/lower hadar exit. Imho you are far better off from gathering drops from areas as soon as they are accessible and put off fighting, battles become far easier the more runes, spells, and artifacts you can accumulate.

TemjinGold
11-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I have reached Kordar through the mines and have been sneaking through Upper Hadar to try to find the Dwarven capital Taron, which is supposed to be in Ardan's Peaks. The only further passage I found, however, is underground and leads to Lower Hadar... well, I doubt that "Peaks" will be located underground.

My mage is only level 12 - hence my sneaking around rather than fighting through the stacks, which would lead to heavy losses for me at this stage. I guess I should probably return to the Isles of Freedom to gain a bit more experience, but I wanted to complete this King's quest to unlock more infinite units and access to another continent, so that I can pick and chose where to go at what time.

You need to go down before you can come up so that exit is the one to take. Not to spoil but completing the King's quest requires a battle (you won't be able to just sneak and complete it.)

Roman
11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Mission completed successfully. I had to sneak back to Darion to replenish troops and sneak-in again, luring away stack and running around them. There were two unavoidable battles. One against a hero called Puppet Master, who was in a position where I simply couldn't lure him elsewhere. My losses were bad and I had to replenish troops in Darion. The other unavoidable fight was storming the castle. Well worth it though, as now I have infinite horsemen.