PDA

View Full Version : Do I get infinite troops?

Roman
11-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Right from the start of the game, Peasants at the main Castle (Greenwort) were marked with the word "Horde" instead of a number that shows how numerous they are. I assumed that this means I get an infinite number of Peasants subject to leadership and money of course. After I defeated the Turtle, Swordsmen and Archers at the Greenwort Castle received the same "Horde" moniker, so I get an infinite number of those too.

I am wondering whether other troop types will also become infinite as I complete more quests and whether this will also occur in some other Castles or if it will be restricted to the main Castle in Greenwort.

Amamake
11-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I am wondering whether other troop types will also become infinite as I complete more quests and whether this will also occur in some other Castles or if it will be restricted to the main Castle in Greenwort.

You'll get infinite sea dogs (pirate brotherhood) and pirates (castle to the east of the pirate brotherhood) after completing some quests on the Freedom Isles. You will also get infinite horsemen from the main castle after the dwarf quest. Other than that I'm not sure.

Metathron
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Not only horsemen but also knigts, bowmen, swordsmen (and maybe also guardsmen) at different stages of the game IIRC.

And if you click on the units for sale with the left button (as you normally would) and then right-click on the unit portrait that appears in the purchase screen, you'll see the exact number of troops contained within the Horde.

kadrzys
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM
you can also get infinite Sprites and Knights after defeating Korador. I don't know if it's random which troops will be marked as horde in castles after progressing with main quest so I can't assure you about those troops I mentioned.

Roman
11-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the answers!

Gaius315
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
You also get infinite Priests at the Knight's Temple

bsctgod
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I got those upgraded Elves(Hunters?) infinite after Karador at the Elvish capitol.

YENKO
12-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Also be advised, that, every time the King promotes you, you have to check the various dwellings for new spells/troops! In my game, after signing the peace treaty with the dwarves, the King promoted me, and the mage school in Greenwort had 80 brand new Inquisitors! Now I have actually more inquisitors for recruitment than my leadership lets me recruit. Marvellous :) Also, they have a new spell now: Pygmy :(

taltamir
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
using the trick to check the amounts I noticed the following:
1. When something becomes horde, it gets +9999 units. So if I had 25 archers left and then was promoted, the horde of archers will list 1024 units. Since I used my swordsmen up, it listed 9999.
2. No matter how many you buy from a horde stack, it never goes down.

YENKO
12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Sacrifice+Resurrect (and Chargers)=infinite whatever troop for free :)

lauvhk
12-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Well except Black Dragon :)

YENKO
12-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Well except Black Dragon :)

grrrrr..... ;)

Gatts
12-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I was always looking for artefact with effect " negated resistances / immunities" - there are some in HOMM sereies... first after I got translated manual and could see all artefacts - I stopped looking for it ... does not exist

I just wonder if many players hold black dragons in their army... I don't...

Black dragon is not bad... but for his Leadership req. his skills/stats are not as well... not enough to keep him in my army...

Also it is important to prepare tactics based on what units you want to use - as only very few are infite for hire ...

Sacrifice works great -> but on impossible I could merely uphold my loses (mostly I eneded with real loses, -> I had less after than before) and I was too lazy to leave weaker army behind and travel back to them to increase my vamps/ghosts numbers in order to use sacrifice as "free units"... (well, if I would not be lazy, I would go for the 0-loss strategy... and never needed to get back for buying more units)