PDA

View Full Version : Land of the dead too hard

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
When I arrived in Elinia I was level 18 I think and just made it past the guardian to the first Book of Dead. Inside I found a level 27 hero crammed with undead and WAY too much for my lot :confused:

WTF is the game thinking? Any other armies are Very strong and I've cleaned out everywhere else..it just seems like a massive jump. each stack has over 11000 Leadership and there are 7 or 8 stachs to deal with. I'm using the girls plus Griffins and Hunter.

I'm badly outnumbered yet again and feeling like I should restart as a Mage ha ha

That would be the 3rd time I have restarted and I am on day 62 or something..I don't thkn i'm very good at this game :rolleyes:

Zhuangzi
11-10-2008, 09:55 PM
You just run around the heroes until you are ready to fight them. Seriously, I have made it my stock in trade to sneak/run through areas swarming with enemies in order to pick up loot and visit the shops. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it. This way I can loot Demonis for example without fighting a single enemy. Land of the Dead is much the same. I won't lie and say I never have to reload because an enemy stack caught me, but mostly it's okay. You can also use a boat in Land of the Dead to go around the coast and look for points of entry.

So don't fret about the level 27 hero. There are stacks I've left behind everywhere for later. For example, Ruin Guy (level 14) was too strong for me in Freedom Isles, but now that I'm level 19 he will be a piece of cake when I go back. :cool:

kadrzys
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
yeap Zhuangzi is very right with this sneaking here and there, sniffing loots, gathering more powerful troops and then strikeback :D
you can also consider army especially for undead troops, like I did (and had a way easier way through Land of the Dead).
I gathered (as 19lvl Warrior on Normal):
-stack of Inquisitors
-stack of Priests
-stack of Unicorns
-stack of Black Unicorns
-stack of Royal Snakes (my must be since I got feanora froggy, two royal snakes rings and snakes boots)

first four has bonuses againts undeads. you can also get some items like silver rapier (I think everyone can get this in trade for some runes but IMO it's not worth it) or sword of light (nice thing which I used:P). You can also equip both of them in the same time. I don't know other helpful in this task items.

basically I opened battle with Phantom on Inqs, phantom using holy anger at priests (with this buff their massive), than shoot at ranged units, wait with my melee units for an enemy and attack. sometimes I use timeback on phantom and in second turn cast holy anger at snakes but I rather cast one more time phantom and holy anger with it, other phantom can attack. because of lack of shamans and their totems i used a lot of phantoms, deamon gates, ice ball to minimise loses. also unicorns as tanks (target them) works fine if money is not problem for you and you have lot of them in reserves.

btw anyone knows if Land of the Dead counts as a night? for nightime operations and miner's helmet bonuses?

wolfing
11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
When I arrived in Elinia I was level 18 I think and just made it past the guardian to the first Book of Dead. Inside I found a level 27 hero crammed with undead and WAY too much for my lot :confused:

WTF is the game thinking? Any other armies are Very strong and I've cleaned out everywhere else..it just seems like a massive jump. each stack has over 11000 Leadership and there are 7 or 8 stachs to deal with. I'm using the girls plus Griffins and Hunter.

I'm badly outnumbered yet again and feeling like I should restart as a Mage ha ha

That would be the 3rd time I have restarted and I am on day 62 or something..I don't thkn i'm very good at this game :rolleyes:

Just because you see an army, doesn't mean you have to fight it! Many of the sparkling armies I see I just leave there for later, unless it's a match. I remember in the land of the death I also had some difficulties at first, but then I left, did the quests in other regions and came back when I was more powerful.

Ish
11-11-2008, 10:01 PM

lol, i'm playing first time through as a paladin on impossible and believe me you get used to avoiding troops!

When I went to the freedom isles at lvl 5 i licked my lips at finding some 'very strong' enemies i can beat. All others are overpowering or impossible. I thought I had cleared out most of the first region but now realise I had somehow missed the marshan swamp.. which explains why things were so tough, which wasnt helped by my cashflow problems. Maurauders proved invaluable and i looted my way to respectibility.

By picking my battles i'm going along nicely and picked up Rina my first(yeah i'm a player!) wife.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
A stack 87 Royal Thorns and all the rest of the army ha ha wtf!? why has the game leved up to that point!?!

It's ridiculous!