PDA

View Full Version : digital distribution doesn't work

gamerboots
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I just bought the game from gamers gate and downloaded it. After going through the install process I launched the game and its ask me for my cd serial key - ofcourse I put in my key which is on my gamers gate account however this didn't work. It came up with an error that I had already activated it on multiple computers which I have not because I just got it ! this issue really ticks me because a) its a single player game and doesn't need securom b) I bought the digital distritution to avoid this kind of problems c) isn't it enough that I already paid for it and you have to ask for a cd key ? d) I have NEVER ACTIVATED the game not even once as I just got it . e) I expect a working cd serial number. f) NOT even the manual unlock function is working as it gives a different manual unlock code with each press of the button ! g) the files are not corrupt , its obviously securom causing it not to work right therefore PLZ remove it.
I promise this - if you continue to use securom and it interferes with your products working that you wont get as many sales and I also will be discouraged from buying products from your company.
It would be good if you pre-activated the digital download distributions of your products or completely remove the securom from them - as the current method is obviously NOT WORKING.
Rest assured that if I dont get this issue resolved within a a couple days that I WILL be refunded because Its impossible for a person to activate software that they have never downloaded or used before and I aint being screwed outa $40 - at this price it should work not only flawlessly but ACTually work. so fix it fast or loose a sale !
Thank you in advance for your listening and fixing it

Nike-it
11-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I just bought the game from gamers gate and downloaded it. After going through the install process I launched the game and its ask me for my cd serial key - ofcourse I put in my key which is on my gamers gate account however this didn't work. It came up with an error that I had already activated it on multiple computers which I have not because I just got it ! this issue really ticks me because a) its a single player game and doesn't need securom b) I bought the digital distritution to avoid this kind of problems c) isn't it enough that I already paid for it and you have to ask for a cd key ? d) I have NEVER ACTIVATED the game not even once as I just got it . e) I expect a working cd serial number. f) NOT even the manual unlock function is working as it gives a different manual unlock code with each press of the button ! g) the files are not corrupt , its obviously securom causing it not to work right therefore PLZ remove it.
I promise this - if you continue to use securom and it interferes with your products working that you wont get as many sales and I also will be discouraged from buying products from your company.
It would be good if you pre-activated the digital download distributions of your products or completely remove the securom from them - as the current method is obviously NOT WORKING.
Rest assured that if I dont get this issue resolved within a a couple days that I WILL be refunded because Its impossible for a person to activate software that they have never downloaded or used before and I aint being screwed outa $40 - at this price it should work not only flawlessly but ACTually work. so fix it fast or loose a sale !
Thank you in advance for your listening and fixing it

I fully agree with your complains, but you should understand that we can't distribute games without any security as the level of piracy is too high. Anyway, describe your problen to gamersgate support, I'm sure they will solve your problem very fast.

gamerboots
11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I can understand the need for cd keys / security on MUlti player games, but not on single play digitital distributions - thats just going overboard.

gamerboots
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
"Anyway, describe your problen to gamersgate support, I'm sure they will solve your problem very fast..."
yeah they gave me another serial , but it dont work either - same problem - fails to activate

MAXIMVS
11-11-2008, 11:16 AM
The game is now advertised as being available in a boxed version. :)

I'm in the UK and I've pre-ordered it from this link
[/URL]
[url]http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6073144/-/Product.html?searchstring=King%27s+Bounty%3a+The+L egend&searchsource=0 (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6073144/-/Product.html?searchstring=King%27s+Bounty%3a+The+L egend&searchsource=0)

The bad news is the delivery date: 13th February 2009 :confused:

gamerboots
11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
hey max :) its available on cd where Im' at as well , but , I wanted a digital copy because its usually less hastle when it comes to dealing with secu. (this case is an obvious exception as secu wont even let it run) I'm going to wait a couple days and see if they fix it if not they will be short atleast two twenty $ bills.. I wont buy the cd version until they take secu off it completely - Like so many others I'm tired of this secu rom BS.