PDA

View Full Version : Help me kill Karador plz

XiombargDei
11-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi all

so this is my setup :
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5930/karadorzg1.th.jpg (http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=karadorzg1.jpg)http://img399.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

I tried everything possible but i just cant kill him :(
as soon as i kill a stack, of skeleton warriors for example, he raises it, i dont have time to put one of my unit on top of it
i dont have access to necromancers anywhere, nor druids or ancient ents
I cant nuke 60 necros in the first round, best i can is ~40

i'm a combat mage lvl25, my leadership is 12700, INT 21 ATT 9 DEF 12
i dont have any of the anti-undead items like the silver sword for example
i have fire rain III, armageddon III, Ice snake III and other goodies like magic shackles etc.

so how would you do it ? what unit setup ? what battle strategy ?
i really need help :)

thanks

Victor86
11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't kill his stacks just reduce the numbers to fewer units.

If you can , get some demonesses to swap one of his necros close to your units, unfortunately he has no bone dragons that would fly fast down to your troops so you could had swaped the b.dragons with the necros.

Necro call first the dead units , try to necro call his necros ... after they die.
If you can't necro call the position some unit over the dead stack.

Also i think that elven archers do more damage than the cyclope do , and use them to kill the crystal. I don't find dragons usable in that fight , only thing they could do is give you some mana .. think about replacing them with something else.

You could also use royal/warrior/ the other one.. thorns and sprout thorns on a dead stack.

Good luck :grin:

edit : there was a thread somewhere in the forum about this fight , search for it , it might help you.

Sandsai
11-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Get rid of cyclops, they are not worth the cost at this point in the game imo. You might want to look into the anga's ruby/fairy combo. I also would like to know your wife and artificats set up, you only have 100 mana at level 25, my mage is at level 20 and has 135. Likewise your intellect is lacking a bit for level 25. The emerald dragons are an ok choice, I use them mainly to get mana, good positioning will sometimes restore upwards of 30 mana. But the main hint I can give you is look into the Anga's ruby/fairy combo, the only weakness is fire hitting enemies. You already have dryads which compliment this build, and swap elves for cyclops and you will likely find it an easier fight. Also don't forget to use your rage box effectively, the lava guy's sword attack does double the damage to casters like necros. At the moment I am hitting for an average of 1k per caster every two rounds, only for 15 rage.

milo
11-09-2008, 09:23 AM
One stack of emerald dragons and invisibility can win almost every battle without losses. You keep the dragons invisible and cast damage spells. You use lina's charges, wait on the last turn before invisibility wears off and use the dragon mana drain to keep regenerating mana. It may take a little while but it is extremely effective and allows you to win battles that might otherwise be beyond you.

Sandsai
11-10-2008, 04:06 AM
One stack of emerald dragons and invisibility can win almost every battle without losses. You keep the dragons invisible and cast damage spells. You use lina's charges, wait on the last turn before invisibility wears off and use the dragon mana drain to keep regenerating mana. It may take a little while but it is extremely effective and allows you to win battles that might otherwise be beyond you.

Another approach is to use invisibility, mana spring, and poison cloud on the invisible emerald dragons, this way I think you gain more mana at a much faster pace. I killed Karador this way before, took somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 turns but maybe that was because I was a bit conservative and made sure that the crystal was dead before rapping up the field with the dragons. I think my dragons had like 120 attack from all the frenzy charges I built up by killing things using their mana drain aoe.

Crocodil
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
get rid of cyclops and dryads. Use inquisitors(better) or monks with elves archer or hunter.Try to blind the necro allways destroy the ghost dragon Karador will resurect them and loose lots of mana and will not damage your troops.
make a block in front of yours ranged troops, destroy the tower with archers , use inquisitor against scheleton archers.
royal snakes= no retaliation vs unicorns = 30% damage to undead your choice

Amidamaru86
11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
It should be easy for you..

It looks for as as your playing like easy/normal + you are a mage.

Get rid of cyclops (they are very bad) get like gryffins (because of mass retaliation) and change all other units to archers/mages + one unit that has initiative like 7 (dragons/necromancers etc - so you will start first) (but do not use cyclops)

1st round - nuke the necromancer (but don't let them die, leave like 1-5 left and dont touch them then) - ice snake preffered (or other archer based unit), send gryffins in the front of the opponents army. Use archers/mages to kill the diamond.

Enemy turn: all mele will attack gryffins, and each time it will retaliate :)

2nd turn - ice snake/fireball etc the diamond, archers attack the diamond with one exception (leave one to wait), gryffins defend.

Enemy turn: all melee still attacks gryffins.

Wait turn: cast timeback on gryffins (rage box - the reaper), the left archer attack the diamond.

Repeat this if the diamond didn't die. But look out for the cooldown of your timeback. (this strat also works for warrior/pala on impossible, but instead of offensive spells we use stoneskin, magic spring and all other +defence spells on the tank)

P.S. If your defence is too low, change gryffins to knights, and teleport them in the center of the opponent, knights have low initiative so all melee should surround them in the 1st turn and then circle attack = pure ownage :)

P.S.2 the + of using this strat is that you don't have to use ressurection+sacrifice etc... loose mana on them (and they are mana heavy spells) so you can nuke the enemy or cast precision/blessings on your army :)

Candyman
11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
gryfons are devastating when well used

Holy anger(Inquisitors)+Shield(mages)+Berserk+Gryfons = Karadors Army decimated in 2 turns :)

The Rider
11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
@candyman, that was exactly my tactic :) Inqusitors do double damage to undead, I managed to max underground spikes (zerock) which does double damage to all spellcasters (necromancers took 1100 damage), and with 2 geiser spells in the first turn (1100-2200 damage each stack x 2)... child's play.
It doesnt seem right to me to have so much ground units in your army (unicorns, black unicorns, dryads, dragons, and only one shooter), this prevents you from using combat spells - ice serpent, fire ball etc.