PDA

View Full Version : ? about Spells and Rage

Warmskin
11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Does anyone use the spells 'Last Hero' (what is the point of having only 1 troop left?) and 'Peacefulness' (seems like a huge trade-off)?
Also, It seems that the spells 'Plague' and 'Shroud' don't work. Shroud doesn't change any stats on the Skeleton Archers I used it on and 'Plague' made no difference to the damage done to some other enemy troops. Is it because they were undead?
And the Rage -'Gizmo', does it matter at all where you place it? It seems pretty useless...
Just a few of the questions I have regarding a thoroughly great game (that needs a better manual) - wish I could read the Russian player made 'help guide'. I know, there's an English version but it's a really bad translation (limitations of the software, I guess). Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

wolfing
11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Does anyone use the spells 'Last Hero' (what is the point of having only 1 troop left?) and 'Peacefulness' (seems like a huge trade-off)?

I personally never used last hero. Peacefulness you can use when you want a unit to be a 'tank'.

Also, It seems that the spells 'Plague' and 'Shroud' don't work. Shroud doesn't change any stats on the Skeleton Archers I used it on and 'Plague' made no difference to the damage done to some other enemy troops. Is it because they were undead?

Plague only works on living things. Shroud doesn't change stats but ranged damage done (not abilities) is reduced by the % shown. The AI is also stupid enough to almost always try to move away from the cloud so use it to minimize casualties.

And the Rage -'Gizmo', does it matter at all where you place it? It seems pretty useless...

It has a range of movement, like 4 squares or something, it's also the only thing that can heal black dragons I believe. I didn't use it too much but I've read others swear by it.

NatashaQuick
11-09-2008, 05:38 AM
I guess Last Hero could be useful if you had a really powerful unit in a small stack, say 3 Knights. I wouldn't learn it as a spell, just maybe keep a scroll around. Though when you sell your scrolls in castles, they hold it for you if you want to buy it back later. Not so with items. (I wish!)

Sandsai
11-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Gizmo is a really great rage skill once you build it up. As already pointed out, it is the only thing capable of healing black dragons. It can also pump out some great single target damage. Another aspect worth mentioning is that later on it will restore action points, allowing your units to attack one more time in that round. It is also pretty cheap to summon, so a pretty versatile rage skill and in comparison to other rage skills that do damage, this one last more than one round.

Warmskin
11-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks for all the feedback to my original question regarding Rage spells. Very interesting. I *have* been using 'Gizmo' more lately and so far I do agree with Sandsai. I wouldn't mind hearing other comments on different people's favorites...
Well, back to the game. :grin: