PDA

View Full Version : Evil Book quest

sector24
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
In the lands of the dead there's a quest in which you have to retrieve a book of evil that's hiding out in an underground cave. Like many quest items, if you right click on it there's a 'use' command. But unlike other usable quest items there's no text associated with it and I don't know what it does if anything.

Anyone know if this is a bug or if using the book does something?

Rygaros
11-05-2008, 03:06 PM
In the lands of the dead there's a quest in which you have to retrieve a book of evil that's hiding out in an underground cave. Like many quest items, if you right click on it there's a 'use' command. But unlike other usable quest items there's no text associated with it and I don't know what it does if anything.

Anyone know if this is a bug or if using the book does something?

I had the same thoughts when I used that item. I did a check in my spellbook afterwards and there was an scroll with Book of Evil there. But I dont know if I got it from the book I used or if I had that from earlier in the game.

Gaius315
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Even if you did, once you complete the quest, the necromancer will sell you scrolls of Book of Evil. As for the Use thing, I have no idea.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I have double checked this guys : I had one scroll of BOOK of EVIL and after I clicked "USE" on the book I defeated and had to deliver to Mr. Necro, I just had 2 of them ... so the "use" does something- it even works - and it gives you one scroll of Book of Evil in your spell book...(I have 1.7 version FYI)

BTW - the necromancer did not sell Book of Evil scrolls - He was selling only 3 scrolls of Greasy Mist... - so it looks like it is not always that he sells this spell (or maybe he sells it when you don't use the BOOK - so you will not "tear out" the page with this spell :) :D

Ryastar
12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I definitely gives you a scroll of book of evil. In my last game, I did not have any scrolls of that spell before i used it, but i did afterwards, namely one scroll. So that is confirmed, using the BoE from the quest gives you one scroll of BoE

taltamir
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I have double checked this guys : I had one scroll of BOOK of EVIL and after I clicked "USE" on the book I defeated and had to deliver to Mr. Necro, I just had 2 of them ... so the "use" does something- it even works - and it gives you one scroll of Book of Evil in your spell book...(I have 1.7 version FYI)

BTW - the necromancer did not sell Book of Evil scrolls - He was selling only 3 scrolls of Greasy Mist... - so it looks like it is not always that he sells this spell (or maybe he sells it when you don't use the BOOK - so you will not "tear out" the page with this spell :) :D

what shops sell is randomized at character creation, and is different on every play through. Only scrolls you receive from quest items or as quest rewards are guaranteed to be the same every play through.