PDA

View Full Version : two versions...

Placebo
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Can anybody explain to me why there are two different versions available of King's Bounty - the Legend??
:confused::confused:

One published by Atari (1.6b7) and one published by Nobilis (1.6.4)...

And why the patch which can be downloaded at http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/patches.php is only for one of them....(the Atari one)

(the mods available on this forum are only working with the version published by Atari)

Allright the Atari version which I used was downloaded at newsgroups and the translation to English was not good at every dialog...
Maybe the version published by Nobilis is 'the official' European relase...

videogames10
11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Placebo, stop making up stories and just watch the video...

Sharks with Laser Beams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw)

Tanveyor
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Placebo is not making stories, it's the truth. I have both versions, atari (illegal, works with mods posted here) and nobilis (bought original, doesn't work with mods posted here and does not work with patch). I'm from Holland, maybe the European version has the problems

videogames10
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Placebo is not making stories, it's the truth. I have both versions, atari (illegal, works with mods posted here) and nobilis (bought original, doesn't work with mods posted here and does not work with patch). I'm from Holland, maybe the European version has the problems

I know, Tanveyor; however, to know me is to know that there is an inherent understanding surrounding much of what I say on the boards...

[facetious comment] [/facetious comment]

I'm simply here to offer useful advice on rare occasions, and to downplay "The Innernets is Serious Bidness" notion.

Tamaki
11-15-2008, 01:58 PM
What the..?

I have been searching all over the net for a non-atari patch 1.6.5, and now it seems that it doesn't exist...

Are there plans to release one? I already surmised my version was not the atari version, and it seems I am right. I find the lack of information regarding this very customer unfriendly, and I hope the Dutch or Europeans don't get the short end of the stick 'because they don't matter'.

I love the game but come on! I want to be able to use mods and I want the game to work according to what the devs think is best (thus, being able to get the latest patch!).

Or are there dutch people who mod as well? Would love the free camera mod..

Thanks for reading, please respond :)

gamerboots
11-17-2008, 03:59 PM
yip ........2 versions ........they are :

1) working and
2) NONworking
working versions come from the older unpatched cds bought from the store , and the nonworking versions come from the latest updated download files which you can buy online at atari,d2d and gg. These newer downloadable versions wont get past the activation screen. and niether willl your brand new purchase from the store if you apply the latest rip I mean patch