PDA

View Full Version : Can you change wife?

savior
11-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Can you change wife once you got married? Which wife do you suggest? Is it worth to have babies?

Calinda
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes, you can. Talk to your current wife and pick the divorce option, then confirm it. Then you can get a new wife. You cannot take back your previous one though, so be careful and better save when you decide to divorce. Babies are like random items, the bad thing about them is that they can't be unequipped.

Saridu
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, you can. Talk to your current wife and pick the divorce option, then confirm it. Then you can get a new wife. You cannot take back your previous one though, so be careful and better save when you decide to divorce. Babies are like random items, the bad thing about them is that they can't be unequipped.

She takes 20% of your gold and any equipped items if you were mad enough to leave any on her.

Babies, I'm not sold on the offspring thing, some are really good (+5 intellect +30%mana, +20% defense) some really suck (+5 scrolls). If you can control the outcome (which you can but it could be considered cheating) then they could rock, but by the late game you should have good enough items to make most children redundant.

As for the wives, you mileage may vary. Fenora is very good for a mage (passive +3 intellect) but the tadpole machine whines constantly for babies so that may piss you off. I personally like undead Rina, she nevers whines for babies, one armour slot, one boot, one belt and one artifact slot but her passive is most pretty useless (bonuses to undead).

For sheer power and my ultimate choice the demon wife is the best, she offers two weapon slots for putting you over the finish line and +1 morale to demons is sweet.

milo
11-03-2008, 11:21 PM
You can also cheat with which equipment slots wife has available. I do this, I want to be able use the best gear I have available. It is a single player game so it is upto to decide if doing this will ruin the game for you.

Sandsai
11-03-2008, 11:56 PM
She takes 20% of your gold and any equipped items if you were mad enough to leave any on her.

Babies, I'm not sold on the offspring thing, some are really good (+5 intellect +30%mana, +20% defense) some really suck (+5 scrolls). If you can control the outcome (which you can but it could be considered cheating) then they could rock, but by the late game you should have good enough items to make most children redundant.

As for the wives, you mileage may vary. Fenora is very good for a mage (passive +3 intellect) but the tadpole machine whines constantly for babies so that may piss you off. I personally like undead Rina, she nevers whines for babies, one armour slot, one boot, one belt and one artifact slot but her passive is most pretty useless (bonuses to undead).

For sheer power and my ultimate choice the demon wife is the best, she offers two weapon slots for putting you over the finish line and +1 morale to demons is sweet.

How can you control the outcome of the babies? Saving and loading doesn't work with me (before/after 10th battle). I am patched up.

milo
11-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Inside ses.kfs there is a text file called wifes.txt, included in this file are a list of children that each wife can give birth to. It is just a matter of editing this pool so only the desired children are available.

Sandsai
11-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Inside ses.kfs there is a text file called wifes.txt, included in this file are a list of children that each wife can give birth to. It is just a matter of editing this pool so only the desired children are available.

Oh, I thought you referred to a method other than file editing.