PDA

View Full Version : DEP error solved?

kingknut91
11-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I have had the same problem with DEP error as a lot of posters on this forum. After reaching Demonia the problem got so bad, occuring every couple of minutes. I have however managed to solve this problem now it seems, and have finished Demonia, and have been playing stable for 3 hours. The solution that worked for me is to turn off DEP in vista (32 bit) this way:

Type cmd in Vista's search bar. Rt click on search results 'cmd' and click on Run as Administrator. Then copy paste

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

and hit enter. Reboot.

To enable back DEP, type instead:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
Thats it !

Hope that this also will solve other peoples problems. Hopefully turning DEP off will have no other (bad) consequenses.:evil:

Hopefully there will be a patch soon that will incorporate a permanent fix for this wonderfull game.

KINGKNUT

rbjester
11-03-2008, 02:19 AM
still locks up during battles for me, just says "the game can no longer run". and bam closes, just like the DEP error :(

kingknut91
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
It is definately working for me. No problems after this fix.
BTW i have an Dell XPS 1330, Vista SP 1.

I also run the game in compatibality mode of XP SP 2

rbjester
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
It is definately working for me. No problems after this fix.
BTW i have an Dell XPS 1330, Vista SP 1.

I also run the game in compatibality mode of XP SP 2

I'm on an Asus m50 with SP1, and compatibility mode on.

pigeon
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately Kingnut91, your solution, which was also suggested by Direwolf a few days ago, doesn't work for me either (nor for Direwolf). I'm on a macbook pro, vista ultimate edition and SP1, with compatibility mode on.