PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty on Steam?

TheHourOfTheMice
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
greetings, just posting to say that i'm having a fantastic time with this game (i bought fallout 3 and played it for 3 hrs before heading back to KBTL, which has somewhere around 20-30 hrs :p) and to ask if there might be any plans to have KBTL on steam?

i already have KBTL on dvd, but if the game comes out on steam, i will happily purchase it again so that i can play the game without having to keep the dvd in the drive. i understand there is a online downloaded version of KBTL through gamegate or something like that (i forget the exact name of the company), but i'd rather have KBTL with all my other steam games, especially seeing as how atari is a partner in the steam network or something (at least, i have some of atari's games on steam).

anyway, i'd seriously love to buy the game over again on steam, so if there are any plans for such, please let me know...thank you and thanks for the awesome game!

Braun
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
You may legally download the game from Direct2Drive (http://www.direct2drive.com/6932/product/Buy-King%27s-Bounty:-The-Legend-Download).

gamerboots
11-13-2008, 03:21 AM
and the version they have wont get past the activation sequence - NON functional

Gatts
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
and the version they have wont get past the activation sequence - NON functional

surprise surprise :rolleyes:

vaynes
11-28-2008, 09:06 AM
If it does come out on steam you wouldn't need to buy it again, just add it to your steam games list using the serial number you already have

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-28-2008, 10:03 PM
greetings, just posting to say that i'm having a fantastic time with this game (i bought fallout 3 and played it for 3 hrs before heading back to KBTL, which has somewhere around 20-30 hrs :p) and to ask if there might be any plans to have KBTL on steam?

i already have KBTL on dvd, but if the game comes out on steam, i will happily purchase it again so that i can play the game without having to keep the dvd in the drive. i understand there is a online downloaded version of KBTL through gamegate or something like that (i forget the exact name of the company), but i'd rather have KBTL with all my other steam games, especially seeing as how atari is a partner in the steam network or something (at least, i have some of atari's games on steam).

anyway, i'd seriously love to buy the game over again on steam, so if there are any plans for such, please let me know...thank you and thanks for the awesome game!

I smell a rat

Snarl
12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I smell a rat

I would also like to know if the games going to steam, so far no one local carries the game and I had mixed results with Direct2Drive re Patches and future support.

Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

Al3xand3r
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I bought the game from Atari's online sales thing. I'm not in a supported country, so I chose "USA" but it worked like a charm and the download was fast. They don't use a "launcher" like Steam, only a self-downloader that you can delete once you have the game. Just click BUY NOW:
http://www.atari.com/us/games/kings_bounty_the_legend/dvd_rom

Edit: Note that, by default, it lists some extra charges in order to have the game available for download for two years or some such. I keep backups on my multiple hard drives so I disabled that to save some money.

Valin
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Alexander or anyone else,

Do you know what version the digital download from Atari is?

D2D is not the best at keeping up to date with patches and from what I've read it'd like to get 1.65 if possible.

Is there any U.S. digital download 1.65 available?

Al3xand3r
12-08-2008, 07:21 AM
No clue what version it may be, I'd imagine the same thing Atari sell on disc. patch 1.65 worked fine for me, I don't remember where I downloaded it from but the file name is KB165.exe.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 07:46 AM
The download itself would be 16b7 or 164... but there is patch 165 already which should work (even as I read/heard some issues)

I would advise Metaboli instead Atari - just my advise.

Lestas
12-08-2008, 07:52 AM
1.6.5 is an Atari version. (equivalent of 1.7.0). Strange that it's 1.6.5 download 0_o. Patched already? :)

Gatts
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
1.6.5 is an Atari version. (equivalent of 1.7.0). Strange that it's 1.6.5 download 0_o. Patched already? :)

Could be.... good job done Atari, after all...

JJMan
12-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Alexander or anyone else,

Do you know what version the digital download from Atari is?

D2D is not the best at keeping up to date with patches and from what I've read it'd like to get 1.65 if possible.

Is there any U.S. digital download 1.65 available?

It is 1.6bf or whatever, but the 1.65 patch does install on top without issue (it specifically says that it's the atari patch).

JJ.

DrakeTheLesser
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

If you're still having trouble with activation, you need to temporarily turn off your firewall. Also, I had a custom task manager (Microsoft Process Explorer) that I had to disable in order to run the game. It's that nasty SecuROM protection.

nemesis99
12-12-2008, 11:13 PM
gamersgate.com (Paradox Interactive's digital download site) also sells Kings Bounty. They had the 1.6.4 patched version of King's Bounty up way before Direct2Drive or Atari did and they have patch 1.7.

I have no issues using them. You just need to download the game from their site and it does a quick activation while installing the game and you don't need to be connected online after that.

ShadowXOR
03-11-2009, 01:15 AM
I just came here to say if this hits Steam I'll buy it but not until then, I only buy games on there so I don't have to deal with disks or different download services.

nemesis99
03-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Have there been any developments in getting King's Bounty on Steam? I know the 1C publishing games don't tend to be sold on Steam, but Paradox Interactive did bring over their HOI and Europa series over to Steam recently, so Steam might be a bit more acceptive of some of these kinds of titles now.

It'd be good extra advertising for KB just to be on steam's front page of new releases for a while and the price of KB is quite low now that it'll attract some of the impulse shoppers on Steam that look for deals.

And the community of the KB is pretty good-natured overall, and the game is done well so it'd be probably be received positively at the Steam community.

And if Steam says it's up to the publishers to decide the price of games, if any publisher starts to offer a lower euro-charge to European customers, they'd probably get a bit of a positive reputation on there too, as right now a lot of Europeans are unhappy with the currency pricing conversion of most/all steam games of $1 = 1euro policy. But if someone starts pricing $9.99 US and 7.99Euro you kind start to get seen as a 'good guy' or a 'reasonable company'.

Zhuangzi
03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GAMERSGATE

*Calm voice *

Gamersgate is a similar service to Steam. I've used them both several times. I've never had a problem with GG at all. And they have the game for $9.99 now. So where can you go wrong? :confused:

nemesis99
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh I like gamersgate, but I'm saying moreso it'd be beneficial for King's Bounty (and it's developers/community) to be available on Steam to boost it's popularity, gain some extra sales in the process, and grow a bigger community if it was offered on Steam. It's not a gamersgate vs. steam vs. other download service issues, it's more of, why not get the extra exposure for King's Bounty.

There's a lot of prospective clients on Steam that don't use other download services and it's free front-page advertising for newly listed Steam games. It usually doesn't make sense to ignore one of the most popular direct download services. Even if it debuted as a weekend deal at 9.99 and higher otherwise it'd still be good exposure.

Granted it would probably be better to gain the extra publicity & advertising closer to the expansion pack release date. Right now let Gamersgate get the majority of sales at 9.99, but in a few weeks/months when those dry up, it'd be good to advertise to other prospective customers (steam).

ShadowXOR
06-08-2009, 02:43 AM
It's now available on Steam and I'm going to get it. I have nothing against Gamer's Gate but I buy ALL my games on Steam. I love it and I'm not going to change now. I have everything in one place with in-game chat and web browser.

Is there a head-to-head multiplayer going to be ever added? That would be awesome.

bugmenot
07-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Right now it's going for $20 on Impulse.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/kingsbounty

I would avoid buying on Steam like the plague. This particular game seems to completely break when moving between some versions. Some are unstable, some have a different way of handling saved games. (read: incompatible) Being forced to use the latest version is not good.

I don't believe Impulse has any DRM. You can set it up as an external game in Steam and get all the benefits of the Steam overlay. Save yourself $10 and some annoyance at the same time.
________
drug test kit (http://drugtestingkit.org)