PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Archdemons???

Direwolf
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Is it me or are these units way underpowered for lvl 5.

I mean, i actually think that regular demons are better with there ability to summon lower level demon classes.

Thoughts?

Metathron
11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, they are very agile, what with teleportation...

And they can't be cursed for more than a turn...

But yeah, I don't think much of them either.

Then again, I found most of the level 5 units to be underwhelming. I find some of the lower level units to be much more cost effective (and just plain effective) than level 5s.

Direwolf
11-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Ageed. Other than dragons that is...

Side note...i've seen posts where some peeps are not very high on emerald dragons...i on the other hand think they rock...in long battles i can get 40+ mana from there mana special if i drop into a group of bad guys. Plus with gift u can recycle. This frees me up to use the rage for soul drain vs chargers.

cheers,
DW

Metathron
11-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Basically I think dragons are much more intimidating when they're your opponent, and it's actually pretty disappointing when you recruit them into your own ranks. Emeralds stand out precisely because of the mana special, otherwise I lump them in the same basket.

player1
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I actually think Emerals are best dragons due to 3 reasons.

1) Their attack is not fire, so they do decent damage against demons or other dragons (unlike reds and blacks).
2) They have 2 attacks that prevent enemy from retaliating. Very useful way to keep loses to minimum.
3) One of those attacks, mana drain, is very useful to get some mana back for your hero

Saridu
11-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Archdemons have their uses, I included them from Baal's castle until the end.

Remember on lava (like all demons) their defense is raised by 50% so they can take a beating. They can help clear our demonis if you want to. (As a mage I basically avoided all random encounters there)

Secondly their fire resistance really helps later against the dragons, I used them to draw black and red dragon's retaliation.

That said I agree that they could have done something else with them, the debuff is cute but how often does it happen? Would have liked the summoning power on them instead of on the demons (who have enough powers as it is)