PDA

View Full Version : Can't find CD/DVD

Donald4
10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi

I bought this game yesterday, I installed it, played it, and got the crash at the first portal in the training grounds. I looked over the internet a little, and discovered I needed a patch to fix it. I did go to the official website, downloaded the patch and installed it. I tried to open the game after that, but for some obscure reason he gives this error:
"Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the CD/DVD."
He does this while the DVD is IN my dvd-driver. It's not a problem with the driver itself cause he recognizes the game (even starts autorun when I take it out the and put it in again), I even reinstalled it and it worked again, but if i install the patch, i get the silly 'wrong disc inserted'... What to do about it?
If someone could help me with this, i would be very grateful

Donald

PS: my dvd is not a copy, it's the original game, bought in the store yesterday...

Glok
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Got exactly the same problem,after installing the patch,the DVD aint recognised anymore..

FIX this soon please.

videogames10
10-31-2008, 05:17 PM
One of the following may work for you:

Right-click on the game's executible file and select "run as administrator"

Right-Click on the game's executible file and select "Properties" > "Security" and click the "Edit" button. Now highlight each of the users and check the "Full Control" box if it's not already checked.

If you're using the OS compatibility feature, try switching to Vista from XP or visa versa.

If the aforementioned procedures don't work for you, then forget the game, crack open a beer and just watch the video...

. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StVLVXUZuV0)

Glok
11-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Tx for the advise but i sorted it myself allready.

Still had the beer and watched the video though..:)

Tanveyor
11-01-2008, 07:10 PM
I have XP and have installed the patch, wrong cd inserted..:evil:
Just bought the original, illegal worked better :evil:

Placebo
11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
yep illigal worked better...
but then again, that one was 'released' by Atari.

The one you bought (and me as well) is from 'Nobilis' (at least mine is)

mine version is version 1.6.4 (build 34.387).
the one which should be patched with the official patch is 1.6b7

so DO NOT use the patch if you're version is NOT from atari

But the reason why there are two different versions released...??
:confused::confused:

don't know

Tanveyor
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Indeed, it's from nobilis. I do not have to update 1.6.4 and don't have the marabelle bug? That's maybe the mods aren't working too (the interface mod)?

Placebo
11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
don't have the bug either.
and found out that the mods aren't working
:(:(:(

but then again, got finally a legal version.
:rolleyes:

Wenla
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
One of the following may work for you:

Right-click on the game's executible file and select "run as administrator"

Right-Click on the game's executible file and select "Properties" > "Security" and click the "Edit" button. Now highlight each of the users and check the "Full Control" box if it's not already checked.

If you're using the OS compatibility feature, try switching to Vista from XP or visa versa.

Sorry, but as a idiotic PC-user, I don't get those outcomings, meaning that when I (as an admin account user) right-click exe, I dont't get options like you listed. Please, be patient/mercefull and give me more detailed instructions.

This game doesn't start well...

Adv. thanks

Wenla

videogames10
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Sorry, but as a idiotic PC-user...

Don't even begin to think about comparing yourself to me; idiocy is my forte.

Anyway, if you're running Vista, right-click on the game's desktop icon (assuming you have a desktop icon), select "Properties" and "Run as Administrator"; same with the OS compatibility mode. However, if you're running XP, you won't see these features.

I included the first and the third procedures in particular, because they worked for me with a few of my older games when I experienced the same "insert correct CD/DVD" error with Vista. I did not experience this error while running these same games on my older XP machine.

What's odd is the fact that one of my games, which was designed to run specifically with XP, gave me the "Insert the Correct CD/DVD" error while using the XP SP2 compatibility mode. However, when I switched to running the game with Vista, it started and ran just fine - go figure. I'll never rely on intuition again.

Wenla
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't even begin to think about comparing yourself to me; idiocy is my forte.

Don't be so sure about this one...

Anyway, if you're running Vista etc etc...

It's a pity, but just this is the situation, I have XP...

There must be something with the patch, because I deinstalled and installed KB (without patch) again, and it's working fine. Of course, as a new KB player I don't know (yet) if I will get those mentioned bugs, but so far I have other kind of problems (I'm old HoMM player (since II), that I just try to play KB like HoMM, but there are some differencres :grin: )

Wenla