10-29-2008, 05:00 AM
HI all,

Found this info to be very helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/120778-dep-enable-disable.html

cheers,
DW

pigeon
10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Has this worked for you? I tried it, but my game crashes just as frequently as before, and in the same way, just without the DEP message.

What I mean by this is that my DEP errors were fairly consistent. If I save a game before a battle and get a DEP error during it, if I load and try again I am very likely to get it again, and again, and again. When this happens I have to try on average 5-6 times to get through the fight without crashing... However, once I get through that fight I'm usually in the clear for a good half-hour...

Completely disabling DEP resulted in the same thing just without the little DEP warning that popped up afterwards. So I don't know what the problem is but it's so annoying! And the game is so good that I can't resist the temptation to play it anyway...

Direwolf
10-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Pigeon,

I'm still having the same problem.

Here's the thing...i've been researching the issue some more and have read several references that the problem may be associated with the installer and not the software itself.

Did you buy a digital DL or a physical copy.

I just went out and bought a physical copy as i had originally DL'd and will let you know shortly if the problem is still persistent.

cheers,
DW

Direwolf
10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
OK...problem seems to be associated with Vista.

Played crash free for 4 hours in Ellinia tonight. Installed on my XP desktop machine.

Hope this tidbit helps.

cheers,
DW

pigeon
10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I have a the retail version, the physical disk. That it is a Vista problem was already established, because I don't think XP even has DEP (correct me if I'm wrong).

Unfortunately switching to XP isn't really an option for me. I guess I'll just have to hope that the people at Katauri recognize the problem and try to fix it eventually... :mad: