PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Katauri Interactive

Zhuangzi
10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
This is one of the best games I have ever played. In 15 years of PC gaming, this is in my top ten gaming experiences. I have just spent five weeks playing this game in every spare moment, and now I've completed it three times. I think I played around 200 hours in five weeks. This is one of the most entertaining and addictive games in history. :-P

I really liked Space Rangers 2, but King's Bounty is MUCH better, mainly due to massively improved combat. I will instantly buy any game you guys make in the future, as you are now my favourite developer. I hope the King's Bounty expansion will be coming out soon, because there will be a lot of people happy to pay some more money for a game this good.

For reference, these are my top 10 games (or series) of all time, not in order.

XCOM 1
Jagged Alliance 2
Master of Orion 1 + 2
Star Control 2
Fallout 2
Monkey Island 1, 2 + 3 (not 4!)
Doom 1 + 2
Command and Conquer + Red Alert 1 + 2
Warcraft 1-3/Starcraft
King's Bounty: The Legend

So thanks for making such a wonderful game, Katauri Interactive! :cool:

jake21
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Hum. I guess I've been 'gaming' for 25 years - if you consider text based trek and hack as games and I certainly enjoyed this game. Last couple of games i purchased that I really enjoyed were wizardry 8 and age of wonder shadow magic so it has been a few years since I stumble upon a 'stay up all night and play' game. I thought I had out grown that stage of might life - guess the problem was finding a really fun game worth an all nighter :)

Any ways I hope there is an expansion or add on soon and I wish you commercial success with this game and in general - but please remove starforce/securom from your games :)
--
I won't rank games but some games I've esp. enjoyed over the years include:
duke nukem
half life 1
might and magic 6,7
heroes of might and magic 3
red alert 1
wizadry 8
age of wonders 2 (and shadow magic)
far cry
varius diku muds (adversary/bigboy, fajita, arctic, mume, copper, nilgiri)
--

This is one of the best games I have ever played. In 15 years of PC gaming, this is in my top ten gaming experiences. I have just spent five weeks playing this game in every spare moment, and now I've completed it three times. I think I played around 200 hours in five weeks. This is one of the most entertaining and addictive games in history. :-P

I really liked Space Rangers 2, but King's Bounty is MUCH better, mainly due to massively improved combat. I will instantly buy any game you guys make in the future, as you are now my favourite developer. I hope the King's Bounty expansion will be coming out soon, because there will be a lot of people happy to pay some more money for a game this good.

For reference, these are my top 10 games (or series) of all time, not in order.

XCOM 1
Jagged Alliance 2
Master of Orion 1 + 2
Star Control 2
Fallout 2
Monkey Island 1, 2 + 3 (not 4!)
Doom 1 + 2
Command and Conquer + Red Alert 1 + 2
Warcraft 1-3/Starcraft
King's Bounty: The Legend

So thanks for making such a wonderful game, Katauri Interactive! :cool:

blueshrike
10-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I have to agree. It's not quite as enchanting as it was when I first started to play HOMM II back at the end of 1996 but it's reinvigorated my faith in some developers.

I even wrote a very detailed review for GameBanshee.com, due to be posted in the next couple of days.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I have to agree. It's not quite as enchanting as it was when I first started to play HOMM II back at the end of 1996 but it's reinvigorated my faith in some developers.

I even wrote a very detailed review for GameBanshee.com, due to be posted in the next couple of days.

Excellent site and to echo was the Zman said this is an excellent game and I have to complete it and i'm on my third try (I quit the previous two attempts) with Paladin.

Zhuangzi
10-31-2008, 10:51 PM
blueshrike, I just read your GameBanshee review and it's easily the most comprehensive of all the KB reviews. Well done. :)

The only suggestion I would have added is a more interactive map or a 'creature finder' screen (a bit like the way you searched for stuff in Space Rangers 2). Other than that the game is close to perfect (text translation aside) and it kept me entertained for 3 playthroughs and 200 hours.

So thanks again for your review. We need this one linked on Metacritic. :cool: