PDA

View Full Version : Best critical ever!

Ryastar
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Just want you all to know that one of my units hit a critical for 1337 damage. It was frick'n awesome seeing that red bubble that said 1337.

kadrzys
10-26-2008, 07:08 PM
critical hits rulez:] my Royal Snakes hits criticals for about 11000 and I think it's nothing huge by I started to appreciate morale thing (make it +3 and critics every time, just wow)

billythegreat
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
mmmm, what leet troops made that 1337 ? :-P

Zhuangzi
10-26-2008, 09:51 PM
A stack of 1800 Sprites with Anga's Ring equipped can do up to 18,000 damage on a crit. :cool:

Saridu
10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Heh, I have "show amount of dead units instead of damage" on so I never know unless I check the log (Would rather know how many died than the actual dam) but it's nice to see hundred of mobs splatter from a +3 morale crit.

Those sprites must hate ancient vampires :)

billythegreat
10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
1337=leet=elite in geek internet language, doh .

Ryastar
10-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Heh, I have "show amount of dead units instead of damage" on so I never know unless I check the log (Would rather know how many died than the actual dam) but it's nice to see hundred of mobs splatter from a +3 morale crit.

Those sprites must hate ancient vampires :)
how do you make it so that it shows how many die, Saridu?

Ryastar
10-27-2008, 12:56 AM
A stack of 1800 Sprites with Anga's Ring equipped can do up to 18,000 damage on a crit. :cool:
only 1800? I had almost 3000, as a mage.

Saridu
10-27-2008, 02:30 AM
how do you make it so that it shows how many die, Saridu?

Theres a line you add to the config file, found it as soon as the game was released, you should be able to search for it on the forum. It changes the floating numbers to number of units killed.

Zhuangzi
10-27-2008, 04:29 AM
only 1800? I had almost 3000, as a mage.

1800 Sprites is about 15000 leadership I think. That's level 24. I guess by the end of the game I could have over 2500... :confused:

sector24
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Check the critical in my signature. :-P

Zhuangzi
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Yep, that is definitely the best critical I've seen. I was getting around 20,000 quite regularly but no more than that. This just proves what I've been saying for a while now - Sprites and Lake Fairies are the best direct damage unit in the game. I'm interested in how you got over 40k damage. In my games I thought the upper limit for damage was 10 per sprite, i.e. 2000 Sprites = 20,000 damage. Did you have more Sprites than this or was the attack modifier even higher?

sector24
11-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure how it got so high. I was using Isshara's Whip + Sword of Light + Silver Rapier, and they had morale 3. I had about 2250 Lake Fairies. So adding up all the bonuses it was something like this:

+29 Attack from hero
+30% attack from morale
+2250 fire damage from Isshara's Whip
+30% damage from silver rapier
-20% enemy defense from sword of light

I don't think I had any buffs on the Lake Fairies. With this setup I've been regularly landing 20,000+ non-crits and mid 30k crits, but this one was just off the charts.

Zhuangzi
11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Yes, it's the 30% extra damage from the Silver Rapier and the 20% less defense from the Sword of Light that must have done it - obviously the damage would be lower against non-Undead enemies. But that is about the perfect combination of factors! I wonder what the theoretical limit to damage would be...

I observed that the max actual damage my Sprites would do with a Critical was 10 per Sprite (this is including Anga's Ring of course). But that Critical must have been around 18 damage per Lake Fairy, which is phenomenal. :cool:

Sandsai
11-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Hell fire is actually a pretty nice boost to the fairies, might wanna try that to boost some phat crits.

Johannes
02-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Hell fire is actually a pretty nice boost to the fairies, might wanna try that to boost some phat crits.

yup, got a 57600 crit with hellfire on, it was freakish though, a more normal one would be about 20-30k. Sometimes i use berserk on them but in most fights where it counts it's not ok to lose control like that ;p

Johannes
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I wonder what the theoretical limit to damage would be...

I think it will be over 100k with the perfect setup. working on a game like this atm but got a bit bored of it so will see if it takes another week before screenshot :)
Can tell you straight away that it won't be fairies or sprites breaking the record.

Leind
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
I think it will be over 100k with the perfect setup. working on a game like this atm but got a bit bored of it so will see if it takes another week before screenshot :)
Can tell you straight away that it won't be fairies or sprites breaking the record.

Fairies & sprite are very fast & have no retaliation, they are very useful.

But for pure damage I guess you want to try the melee lvl1 thorn with a high level warrior, the thorn crow and similar helpful items, and take along some Inquisitor, shamans, necromancer & other casters to help buffing them and debuffing their targets.

The book of Dead summon can help debuffing the target too.

I'm sure it's possible to go over a 200K crit with some patience.

Johannes
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes Leind I agree with all of it, the idea isn't a practical army (for which sprites/fairies work better) but a max crit like you guessed, does book of dead have any unique buff that you thought would help?

jwallstone
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
One thing that I haven't heard people talking about in the pursuit of ridiculously large critical strikes: the spell Helplessness. At max level, it reduces the targets defense by 60%, which can have a huge effect if cast on the target beforehand. That, combined with the silver rapier, can be pretty powerful.

Leind
03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes Leind I agree with all of it, the idea isn't a practical army (for which sprites/fairies work better) but a max crit like you guessed, does book of dead have any unique buff that you thought would help?

Book of dead don't have unique debuff, but can help you have the maximum amounf of buff & debuff on your unit and the target unit at a same time (you can summon the book and wait before using it).
Especially if you're a warrior and don't have access to higher magic.

Before finishing the game I will try this combo, but being a mage (lower leadership & attack stats) I will certainly not have as much damage as a warrior.

I hope I will find a suitable stack, you need to look with a stack with the maximum of low level stacks (8-10 for example) that can be put asleep and killed with your thorn stack to max up the frenzy attack bonus. I guess a stack with dryads would be the best, as you can let them summon thorn every three turn and kill them to max up the frenzy bonus. Too bad I completely cleared the elf lands.
I will have a look at my druids staff, I guess the keeper fight have dryads in them.

Leind
03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Just before finishing the game, I tried it and got a nice critical : 233K with thorns warriors.

To get that I maxed out the attack stat bonus with the Frenzy skill, killing all stacks with the thorns then letting the opposing dryads summons more thorns stack to kill, in order to have at least an attack bonus of 90 over the enemy defense.

For the damage stats I used the thorn crown, the whip and the poison dagger along with hell Breath. All of that boosted the thorn warrior damage from 1-3 to 6-12. A 400% boost.

And finally I used as a victim another thorn unit. They have a -100% fire vulnerability. So each point of fire damage is doubled. That mean each thorn have a base damage of 17. I tried increasing the vulnerability of the targeted unit with grease but it didn't worked. I guess the maximum vulnerability is 100%.

Finally the only necessary spell were doom (100% chance of critical) and Hell Breath.

With a stack of 2885 thorns it means that each thorn did about 81 damage. Not bad for a 8 leadership unit :)
A warrior with more leadership (I had 23080 as mage) should easily got more than 275K.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6572/critical1024.th.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=critical1024.jpg)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9205/thornsstats1024.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thornsstats1024.jpg)

Nike-it
03-30-2009, 06:23 AM
WOW, great result, haven't seem anything like that even between russian players! My congratulations!

Leind
03-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks. Once you know how the game works it's not difficult, and for that I have to thanks the players here and the Russian players who made the fan manual.

Since then I played a little with the warrior and realized he got much more powerful critical (more like 160-170% of max damage instead of about 130% for Mage, both with rage at maximum).

Now I think a warrior with about 30K leadership could probably do more than 375K. Compared to a mage he would only lose a little effectiveness in the Hell Breath spell damage increase.

That also makes Doom one of the better spell for warrior as well.

This army is not only "theorycraft" but also is working well too. After getting the critical I did the final fight with a full lvl1 army (Both kinds of thorns, Lake Fairy & Sprite & Lake dragonfly).
I won easily at the first try, it was much more effective than the regular "shock troop" army I previously used for big battle like the lvl30 tournament battle (Royal snakes, Ancient Bear, etc.)
Even without accumulating the full 300% attack bonus with Frenzy, you hit the enemy stacks pretty hard.

Elwin
03-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Does english version of that fan manual exist?

Nike-it
03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Does english version of that fan manual exist?

Here is the link for translated variant: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=58731&postcount=42

Elwin
04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
The highest crit i had in game, wasnt prepared at all, just doom spell to make sure enemy stack is dead, could be much higher but i was unlucky and dont have skull of death and posison dagger in this game ;/

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1230/critu.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=critu.jpg)