PDA

View Full Version : The Tree of Life

Metathron
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Its quest instructs you to kill all the troops of orcs. I've pretty much cleared out all of the Great Forest area before I even got to the Tree, and after it I defeated a couple more armies that consisted of different kinds of orcs but also some other creatures like cyclops and bears, but it still says "Killed: 0/8"

So I'm wondering...which orc troops are meant here (somewhere else perhaps?)? Or is it some kind of glitch resulting from the fact that I killed most armies before I got to the Tree?

milo
10-26-2008, 01:21 PM
the orcs in question are underneath the tree, talk to tree again to enter

Metathron
10-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Ah, yes, that was pretty sloppy on my part.

marilynnal
02-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I killed all of the orcs, too, but how do I return to the surface out of the roots?:confused:

Vulture
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry for excavating this fossil but is it normal that 7 out of 8 Orc troops below the tree consist of exactly 1 Veteran Orc only ? I mean, the first 2 times it was funny to onehit the enemy army and thus getting 35 rage for a single hit but that can't be the dev's intention, can it ?

Ryastar
03-31-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah, it's normal and I think there is a very real intention to it. In my first game after the first few enemies I fought under the tree were so easy, I was lulled into a sense of security, and i stopped checking to see the strength of the enemy before attacking. Imagine my surprise and chagrin when I found the one army that isn't a pushover with my last save several hours previously. I did win the battle with not too horrendous losses (iirc, this was back in september so I can't be sure) but it definitely gave me a shock. The purpose may be to do exactly what it did to me, namely to catch you off guard and also possibly to teach you to always check the enemy strength first even if all the other enemies around are pushovers.

Leind
03-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Yeah, it's normal and I think there is a very real intention to it. In my first game after the first few enemies I fought under the tree were so easy, I was lulled into a sense of security, and i stopped checking to see the strength of the enemy before attacking. Imagine my surprise and chagrin when I found the one army that isn't a pushover with my last save several hours previously. I did win the battle with not too horrendous losses (iirc, this was back in september so I can't be sure) but it definitely gave me a shock. The purpose may be to do exactly what it did to me, namely to catch you off guard and also possibly to teach you to always check the enemy strength first even if all the other enemies around are pushovers.

If you have some loner veteran orc left you can always use these battles to get back your previous losses with sacrifice, or to max you stacks if your leadership increased. But I agree that 7 of theses battles is boring.

Elwin
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah, it's normal and I think there is a very real intention to it. In my first game after the first few enemies I fought under the tree were so easy, I was lulled into a sense of security, and i stopped checking to see the strength of the enemy before attacking. Imagine my surprise and chagrin when I found the one army that isn't a pushover

Same ^^ however my army was quite strong then i didnt lose much