PDA

View Full Version : A shout out to the devs

blueparrot1966
10-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Thanks for a fine product, guys. I'm an old enough gamer that I played the ORIGINAL King's Bounty on the C64, in 1989 (!). That's why this caught my eye. Minor quibbles aside, this is exactly the sort of game effort I wish I could see more of.

These days the PC games are really drying up, especially with what's coming from the American developers. More and more, I'm looking to Europe for the kind of game I like to play.

There's so much fertile ground out there, just waiting to be worked. I'd love to see you guys tackle a do over of Heroes of Might and Magic- only call it whatever you want instead, since someone else has already done that, lol.

Or revisit X-Com. Or Master of Orion. Or any number of other fantastic games of years past that have NOTHING to do with either RTS or MMORPG, the only @#$! acronyms American devs know any more.

Please keep the fire burning, guys. If you build 'em, we'll buy 'em.

aaaaa
10-26-2008, 03:17 AM
I'd like to suggest the dev's to consider remake of Master of Magic from Simtex/Microprose. It was hailed as the greatest master piece of classic fantasy strategy game. But unlike other great classic game, it never had any sequal or remake. (Age of Wonder was close, but not enough)

I heard the the Stardock (yet another good game dev of TBS game like Galactic Civilization) bought right to make sequal of MOM. But they are just sitting on it for many years. It is sad. Those who played and remembers the original MOM are getting older and older. We desperately need good remake of MOM, today. No more DOSBOX, please.

Considering quality of KBTL game, I think that you, Katauri, are the right company for the job.

milo
10-26-2008, 03:55 AM
You read my mind, was just thinking how well the engine for king's bounty would work with master of magic. Definitely one of, if not the best turn based games ever made. What made it so great was the near endless replayability.

blueparrot1966
10-26-2008, 04:30 AM
I thought about mentioning that one, but didn't, because at least it DID get a spiritual successor in Age of Wonders.

The trouble with a LOT of old properties is that some group or another is just sitting on the rights, not making the game, but not letting anyone else take a crack at it, either. I specifically suspect that's the problem with X-Com... Well, that and the fact that EVERY other game attempted along those lines totally missed was was so cool about that long ago game.

There've got to be legions of old fanboy geeks like me that are just dying to pay good money for a modern remake of games we remember and love. For God's sake, change it just enough to avoid copyright issues, and MAKE THE GAME.

If you build them, we'll buy them. Here's hoping that KB: The legend is a surprise breakout success.

Saridu
10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Magic immunity, armour piercing, first strike, sigh I miss those days :)

Age of wonders just didn't do it for me.

Yeah I love this game, would love an expansion (or two!) then a remake of mom would be great!

I read somewhere that Stardock had started work on a project classified as "Not MoM" but it's not for release anytime soon.

Metathron
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Katauri for Prez!

:grin: