PDA

View Full Version : Best wife for a paladin character ?

minduzu
10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello guys.I'm just wondering what's the best wife for this class ?I currently have a lvl 10 pally, just arrived in the Islands of Freedom and I've taken as a wife the frog chick Feanora.For a time it was good with those +3 Int and some artifacts, but later on I've made the mistake to let her have some babies.And God only knows she gifted me with 3 useless brats :+10% mana, +10 mana and +4 scrolls.Just like in real life :)).So I want to hear some opinions from more experienced players what option could be better(beside reloading an old save and playing though again 5-6 hours or so).I'm thinking of Mirabella as the next option since she has in her pool of babies 4 brats with leadership bonuses or maybe Xeona for that 2 weapons slot( and no babies this time).So what do u say guys, what options do a paladin character has ? Thanks for your time and good luck.

billythegreat
10-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Me as a paladin I used sea dogs almost from the start till the end . So i made a + 3 attack kid with Mirrabella and I kept it till the end with weapon,boot and regalia slots . Same as you started with Feonora.

Namel
10-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I would suggest Mirabella. Demon wife is long way from pirate islands. And since you probably use seadogs and pirates while doing islands sooner you get her the better. Problem is that I think you need somewhat over 3000 leadership to do Kraken. At least I was unable to kill Kraken with 3000 and then found it very easy with 3800.

Xelian
10-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I would sugest you take mirrabela first. Then change it for Neoka (if you have good regalias as she nets mostly Mage babies. You will probably use some elf's in your army so her moralle bonus is good) and then Xeona (with no babies)

jake21
10-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I've never seen babies as being better than items (at least near end of game). Early on babies are ok if you plan on dumping the wife.

As to which is best - I think it mostly depends on which items you find. I'm in my third game - but so far I have found frog wife best (for mages) and demoness best otherwise because there seems to be a ton of good weapons. I know there are some good regalias and my first game i found a couple of really good ones but the second and so far the third i find very few of them of value.

I would sugest you take mirrabela first. Then change it for Neoka (if you have good regalias as she nets mostly Mage babies. You will probably use some elf's in your army so her moralle bonus is good) and then Xeona (with no babies)

matinciel
10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
just one noob question you seem to compare baby and item. Does the 4 wife slots are the same for both item and baby?

minduzu
10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for your answers guys.Yep, for the moment I've dumped out Feanora and picked Mirabella.No kids this time and ever.Works great in combination with sea dogs.
just one noob question you seem to compare baby and item. Does the 4 wife slots are the same for both item and baby?
Yep , same 4 slots used by the wife for items are the same one for the babies.And a baby is like an item, only you can't dump it.It sucks when it resembles the real life :)