PDA

View Full Version : Demon lands - difficult

Metathron
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Does anyone else find the demon lands to be really difficult? Seems like with all the dragons flying around, shooters are out of the question? Any tips, comments?

Tuplis
10-24-2008, 09:23 PM
At that point I had both of the elven archers in my army, one stack would use double attack while the other received dragon arrow and did devastating damage to another stack that way. With tactics you can usually avoid getting hit by the dragon stacks that are on the sides or at least have them target your tank stacks.

Metathron
10-24-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't really find dragon arrows that useful, especially on a creature that already has no range penalty.

Metathron
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
This is ridiculous, I'm playing on Normal and the forces on the bridge in hell are just way too powerful. I've gone from having over 700k gold in the dwarven lands to about 150k in the demon lands and will most probably run out of money and be unable to continue the game after having spent god knows how many hours/days/weeks to get to level 20.

This sucks big time. :-x

Amamake
10-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Do elven lands first.

Metathron
10-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Do elven lands first.

I just realized that. :oops:

Tuplis
10-25-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't really find dragon arrows that useful, especially on a creature that already has no range penalty.

You'll find that opinion to be more or less wrong as did I :)

Zhuangzi
10-26-2008, 08:22 AM
I guess it's a bit late now, but Demonis is basically the hardest area until the endgame. So you should do Kordar - Ellina - Land of the Dead - Demonis. This does not mean you can't go to those places to loot/buy stuff, however.

kadrzys
10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
exacly, try to sneak trough demonis before Ellina and bouyout some nice units or items, find treasures, runes, flags and banners without single fight. A lot of f5/f8 but it's still fun. Then hit Ellina and Land of the Dead and strikeback to Demonis. I tried it on Normal with Warrior and it was fun.

Saridu
10-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I always try to make Demonis my next shopping spree after finishing Korador.

The bridge fights can be nasty - Last time I was facing off against like 200 succubi and 70 demons - 70! do you know how long they take to die :(

Some players roll Beshaba's black dice, Katana the uber powerful villain from Demonis sometimes steps out for a walk at the demon gate!

Get through that and it's shopping city, knights (before they hit horde), nercos, ancient vamps and of course succubi :) and the best spells...

Managed to sneak my way completly through demonis to Baal's fortress (Put Obi Wan to shame) some great stuff to find.

But that said, when it actually comes to invading, Demonis is very difficult for a mage with all those high fire resistance mobs and the two castle seiges, made me start a new mage and doctor frog girl's tadpole spawning list (I was using living dead girl the whole previous game)