PDA

View Full Version : Kamikaze question

Infiltrator
10-24-2008, 05:01 PM
It says that kamikaze is cast on a friendly target.. well I have the english version and I'm pretty sure I can kamikaze the enemy troops. Aim for the weakest, then nuke it with ranged power and voila. Is it something I'm missing or the spell is just bugged?

kadrzys
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
maybe you cast hypnotise on this troop first and then kamikaze?

Infiltrator
10-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Nope. At the start of the first round I cast it outright no problem.. really confusing, and powerful.

kadrzys
10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
well I don't have a clue ;)

BobbRobb
10-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I could always cast it too on enemy troops despite the description saying otherwise. It's either a bug that's still present in 1.6.5 or they didn't bother to update the description.

MrBlister
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I just did some searching on this. I was doing the hypnotize+kamikaze in games and then noticed I could kamikaze enemy troops. I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to do this when I first got kamikaze, but now I'm able to do it without even casting hypnotize first.

2 years later and this bug still isn't fixed?

Vulture
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
They didn't fix this because they realised that it's better this way. Usually you wouldn't use that anyway for its lack of damage. It would've taken two casts or a units ability and a cast to get this thing to work only to realise eventually that it does far less damage than a regular area damage spell such as Fire Rain. Plus you would have to move your melee units out of the way, and so on and so forth. Waaaaaay too much work for a simple area spell.
Therefore it made sense to leave it that way. Not changing the spell description is just laziness tho :) We see that in many other spells and abilities in the game, too.

MrBlister
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I mean, hypnotize itself messes with the game's AI, and causes enemy troops to focus the nearby, weak enemy instead of damaging your permanent troops. It's an extremely valuable skill for a mage--better than summoning when you can have an opportunity to use hypnotize at lvl 2 because it places the unit right in the middle of the enemy units across the battlefield, which is where you want them to hang out while you nuke them down. Then, once hypnotized, you can get a large amount of physical AoE for a very low mana cost. Granted, not something you do much lategame, but it's great midgame when mana is scarce.

As it is now, you can just use one unit, cast invisibility on it, and just kamikaze all the enemy troops and hang out for 3 turns. It's hilariously broken. I would think that if the developers considered kamikaze underpowered that they would just increase the damage or something.