PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any combos to share?

steve22_3
10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi I'm playing a level 23 warrior and I like to use this combo, I have a lv 1 in distortion (spell?) and lv 2 in Chao magic.

The first round I would cast phantom on my black knights, then using demonesses ability to switch postion with a either an archer unit or whatever fancy you with the phantom. Then since I'm a warrior, I wait until the second turn then cast kamikaze (lv2) on the my phantom.

While the enemy is busy surronding the phantom and beating the crap out of my black knights, he can usually last until turn 3 before disappearing and the bomb explodes ;P dealing dmg to everyone around him..
so using this combo I can keep the enemy forces occupied (they usually swarm all spaces around the phantom), hit them too (my black knights can at least deal about 2000 dmg) before he disappears and not to mention if you switch him next to archers he can really go in there and do some damage and prevent them frm firing...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I just wanna share some combos with you guys :)

Rhym
10-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Having problems with Black Dragons? Cast trap and have Emerald Green Dragons drag them onto it. With 37 int my Trap did 4-6k while the attack itself does around 120dmg per (emerald) dragon.

Did the AI decide to divide it's army up into lots of tiny troops? Cast Kamikaze on a weak troop in the middle of a group and kill it with a ranged unit or spell. KA-BOOM! Very useful before you get Rain of Fire.

Inquisitors + Gift = unlimited ressurection of even lvl 5 creatures. It costs 20 mana though.

megajon
10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I am only lvl 8, but I am enjoying this strat:

I use 4 ranged armies and 1 melee for coup de grace mainly.

1st round... rail thier ranged units so you don't lose numbers to them, and cast phantom on my bowmen. then use your 2 bowmen to frost arrow thier fast moving melee units. by the end of the round I can usually use the earth spirit to throw up a wall to trip them up with too.

2nd round... I phantom my bowmen again and use another frost arrow and start marching them forward to trip them up and draw fire. then I work on killin off any remaining ranged units and using the swamp spirit to schoal.

I also use my royal snakes as hit and run attackers on rounds 1-3... taking advantage of hitting the targets hit by frost arrow with thier lunge.

my fights don't typically last beyond round 3 or 4 and those rounds are usually just me cleaning up.

Calinda
10-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Sacrifice, Sacrifice, Time back
Resurrection (from Inquisitors), Holy Anger, Time back
Telescopic Sight + Elves/Hunters = win

Chargers + Rage draining and Holy anger(from inquisitors), Magic spring - things that give you lots of mana.
Ice ball from Lina - helps you to prolong fights so you can resurrect your army.
Archmages' shield + stoneskin/peacefulness + time back - make your tanks last much longer.
Target - precious.

Namel
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Use evil beholder mind control to make enemy with lowest defense to attack biggest enemy stack. Big stack retaliates. Cast pain mirror to big enemy stack.

billythegreat
10-23-2008, 05:55 AM
I see here many mage tactics with 2 spells per round, well that does not apply for paladins and warriors that can use 1 spell so u must choose carefully. I already posted this strategy on other topic, but here seems to be the best place.
I also find amazing those red shirt pirates ( salt dogs i think) with the special fury attack , striking 3 stacks at once + Mirabella wife + Jolly Roger flag + pirate belt ( + 5 attack of pirates) = love . Use phantom on pirates and get another stack that can attack 3 stacks at once !!.Pirates are cheap and come in unlimited supply in western freedom islands at brotherhood of the coast and at the northern castle.

round 1 teleport( or second level of tactics + mass haste) pirates on enemy line and 3 stacks are gone or severely maimed . Horseman charge another stack, mages cast shield on horseman , use rage armor on pirates, inquisitors bless the pirates and archers mop something.Having the + 3 initiative talent makes you always strike first, even before dragons.

In round 2 phantom pirates and mop up the rest of the enemies.

More than i already wrote, when you fight big large stacks with dragons, that you know for sure in round 2 will strike first ( the init bonus talent is just for round 1 ),you must do as much damage is possible in round 1 . Thats why sea dogs fury attack is important and believe me, a 600+ stack of pirates with all listed bonuses will wreck havoc on enemy( as in 10000 non crit). In turn 2 they will be punished heavily, no problem, attack another time in round 2 then cast TIME BACK on them and you will have your full stack of 600+ pirates ready to strike again 3 stacks.

Later on you can replace the mages with a stack of knights with circular attack to guard the archers and inquisitors from dragons that will attack the back line instead the pirates or horseman.Knights are perfect for that with the inherent dragon slayer trait.

I used successfully this tactic and i am at the end of the orc lands.

Namel
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Griffin's banner gives -30% leadership cost of griffins.
Grand druid staff gives +4 int +50% attack to animals. And griffins count as animal.

My warrior currently uses banner and two grand druid staves. Then I cast phantom on that stack and send phantom to enemy. I end up with high damage, high hp stack of phantom griffins that have infinite retaliation.

BuffaloX
01-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Having problems with Black Dragons? Cast trap and have Emerald Green Dragons drag them onto it. With 37 int my Trap did 4-6k while the attack itself does around 120dmg per (emerald) dragon.

Did the AI decide to divide it's army up into lots of tiny troops? Cast Kamikaze on a weak troop in the middle of a group and kill it with a ranged unit or spell. KA-BOOM! Very useful before you get Rain of Fire.

Inquisitors + Gift = unlimited ressurection of even lvl 5 creatures. It costs 20 mana though.

Tried Kamikaze, had absolutely no effect on any of the surrounding 3 types of units, tried it three times every time with no effect.
I´m lvl 24 mage, made a shadow of some emerald dragons and gave it kamikaze, placed it in middle of 3 enemies, cyclops, vampire-bats and necromancer.
When it dies the bomb explodes with a tiny explosion, and no damage is given to the surrounding units.

Too bad it sounded like fun...

bobthebuilder
01-12-2009, 01:30 AM
My basic strategy with a warrior is to upgrade tactics (skill lets you arrange your starting positions), combat readiness (20% damage reduction in first round) and level3 distortion for mass haste. I place my troops as close to the enemy as possible and storm them with the initiative bonuses in the first round.

Horsemen are excellent for this because with haste they charge across the map and accumulate massive bonuses. I've also got +initiative and -enemy initiative items, so the second turn I'm moving almost all of my units first. So basically I hit hard at the start, the enemy gets some retaliation at the end of turn 1, then I mop up at the start of turn 2.

For this I use heavy, durable units (don't need to be fast because pretty much anything will reach the other side of the map in turn 1). I also carry one group of archers so I can use dragon arrow to take out stacks of dragons.

Holywhippet
01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Having a emerald dragon wait at the start of the fight, then using it to move an enemy with one of it's powers. When it goes next round (generally first), drop it in the middle of a bunch of enemies (using the move in the previous round can help maximise this), cast a strong spell then use the mana drain power to replenish the mana you just spent. Top it off with Glot's shield to avoid losing any dragons.

OGKingsBounty92
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Griffin's banner gives -30% leadership cost of griffins.
Grand druid staff gives +4 int +50% attack to animals. And griffins count as animal.

My warrior currently uses banner and two grand druid staves. Then I cast phantom on that stack and send phantom to enemy. I end up with high damage, high hp stack of phantom griffins that have infinite retaliation.

Damn, what a great idea. I'll have to try this. :grin:

Elwin
06-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I have played game 3 times and never found that griffin banner

OGKingsBounty92
06-18-2009, 06:52 AM
That's "the" one thing I hate about this game..it's complete garbage. I actually have 2, yes, 2 of those banners now. Well, one I sold.

When I pick a mage I get Warrior items like pain skull and all the cool swords and when I pick a Warrior I get stuff like the necklace to augment fire spells by 30% and all the mage staves. There's nothing like completing a major quest with a Warrior only to find great rewards like..Armaggedon spell when you have 4 Int. that's actually what I needed right there. :mad:

I've gotten the Elven Bow in ONE freaking game, the first time thru and I actually found 2 of them, since then..not one Elven Bow. BS! :mad::evil:

Goat
07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
That's "the" one thing I hate about this game..it's complete garbage. I actually have 2, yes, 2 of those banners now. Well, one I sold.

When I pick a mage I get Warrior items like pain skull and all the cool swords and when I pick a Warrior I get stuff like the necklace to augment fire spells by 30% and all the mage staves. There's nothing like completing a major quest with a Warrior only to find great rewards like..Armaggedon spell when you have 4 Int. that's actually what I needed right there. :mad:

I've gotten the Elven Bow in ONE freaking game, the first time thru and I actually found 2 of them, since then..not one Elven Bow. BS! :mad::evil:

One tactic I used when I start a new game is quick save and immediately leave the dungeon to see what artifacts are for sale outside. If they are a crappy fit for my class I start over. If all is good, quick load. It doesn't help for anything but the first castle, but you can be sure there are at least a few good items out there.

Vilk
07-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes but that's only a minor part of the game. I cannot fully disagree OGKingsBounty92 about the random. But you need see this random in a different way, you adapt to what's available in the game.

sirmathew
08-21-2009, 03:10 AM
still it would be usefull if there was a connection between the items you got and the class you played.

It is ALWAYS annoying when you get a good sword when playing a mage or a spell item when you are a warrior!!

Vilk
08-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Swords are good for mage too and mana item can be useful for any class even if not often.