PDA

View Full Version : Don't use Warrior clas

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I've been persevering with this git who should really have double the leadership points than the others to cope with armies of Haas and Demonis and have finally given up, wasting two weeks of my life ha ha

This guy sucks. just encountered 440 odd horseman or 440 Demons with the rams head (forget what they are called so i am effectively stuck because i cannot win either fight to progress in the game. Griffins are very useful at this stage for me lvl 27 but dragons and demonis (forget it) and Haas armies are overpowering at this stage in the game..

It's a shame really because I have read all the good advice about best units on here but I can't cope with the size of the enemy and i have 100k left! my sacrifice/ressurect are pitiful as i am a warrior.

Has anyone! had any joy with Warrior?

p.s.

I'm playing on hard level and am about to restart the game with Paladin

jake21
10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I just finished on hard - warrior and I'm hardly a 'good' player. I might have been lucky with my item find (my leadership was quite low for a warrior) and I just barely squeaked by in the fight for the elven queen soul but other than that it wasn't too harsh. With Demonis I did not completely clean the area - on the lower level I left 3 or 4 armies - decided that it just wasn't worth the cost (literally my supply of gold was not excessive) but I did manage to get both keys.

There does seem to be a bit of a steep progression between normal and hard (my first game was normal-mage and it was quite easy - I've just started my third game (perhaps last) as a hard-mage and it is much more difficult - at least for now (level 5).

I've been persevering with this git who should really have double the leadership points than the others to cope with armies of Haas and Demonis and have finally given up, wasting two weeks of my life ha ha

This guy sucks. just encountered 440 odd horseman or 440 Demons with the rams head (forget what they are called so i am effectively stuck because i cannot win either fight to progress in the game. Griffins are very useful at this stage for me lvl 27 but dragons and demonis (forget it) and Haas armies are overpowering at this stage in the game..

It's a shame really because I have read all the good advice about best units on here but I can't cope with the size of the enemy and i have 100k left! my sacrifice/ressurect are pitiful as i am a warrior.

p.s.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Most people seem to use mage mate and it's hardly a challenge although i'm sure impossible level is.

phoenixreborn
10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
For fights like that you need the soul drain that halves enemy stacks...

Crocodil
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM

p.s.

if u finish the tournament the prize is dragon sword (5attack , 50% atack vs dragons ) that it will be very helpfull
and if u are lucky and found the dragon shield then your problem with Hass its over
take units that rezist to fire like knights , demons , arch-demons , horseman when u are fighting against the dragons

rodman012003
10-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Might be game over for you. Sometimes you just get a crappy start, due to random items (the lack thereof). Sometimes you just have to refine your strategy, and change strategies as you progress from area to area. Somebody has a screen shot of their level 30 warrior winning on impossible with a rather stunning time and score over in the strategies and hints forum.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=323&d=1224686692

Dorkus
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
The biggest problem with the warrior (and to a lesser extent, paladin) is not the lack of higher magic. It helps, and helps a lot, but you can manage a fight with one spell a turn. You have to do this, after all, after three turns even with a mage.

THe biggest problem is that you have no magic runes or mana. Spell casting is by far the biggest advantage you have over the AI stacks. And you cannot spellcast effectively, if you have no magic runes or mana. A paladin that goes straight for the rune trading ability can get over this, somewhat. A warrior cannot. And that makes the warrior by far the weakest class in the game.

GreyBeard
10-30-2008, 01:46 AM
There are items and skills a Warrior can find and take to boost mana, Wisdom.

I mainly use buff spells and also always find magic runes and mind runes so those have not been a problem.

I play my Warriors like a Warrior/Pally mix nothing saying you can't take skills from other classes, once you have some main Might skills done.

The buffs and spells like Dispel imo are very helpfull and don't take alot of mana, you can also take one level of Concentration for mana regen in combat.

GB

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Might be game over for you. Sometimes you just get a crappy start, due to random items (the lack thereof). Sometimes you just have to refine your strategy, and change strategies as you progress from area to area. Somebody has a screen shot of their level 30 warrior winning on impossible with a rather stunning time and score over in the strategies and hints forum.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=323&d=1224686692

The only problem I have with that screen shot is the fact it states 3 former wives?

Rina and Mirabella then the elven queen THEN Feonarra???

I don't think so...I smell BS :cool:

phoenixreborn
10-30-2008, 09:52 PM
The only problem I have with that screen shot is the fact it states 3 former wives?
I smell BS

Why can't you have 4 wives?

Victor86
10-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I have a warrior , on hard , and just made it to the labyrinth. At first it was difficult for me to in Demonis too but I find the game balanced since the are counter troops for every enemy you find for ex. you can use demons against dragons or a combination of unicorns(both)/undead or dwarfs/undead(most important vampires) plus trap and the spell that makes a unit unable to use abilities ,forgot it's name .. spell shakle i think.

What pisses me off is that in my game haas's incarnations have few dragons and that makes my demon army not so imba :grin:

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Why can't you have 4 wives?

Your missing my point mate. In order to have that score he must have pissed around with the files. He finished with the frog princess were as most people marry here early game. It doesn't make sense.