PDA

View Full Version : Armagheddon+Black dragons bug?

Smiley
10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I have a question about the Armagheddon spell. it's description says that "...causing fire damage to all troops. Friendly troops take only 35% damage".

on the other hand, we have the Black Dragons. They have a "80% resistance to Fire Damage" (Immune to fire), "80% resistance to Magic Damage"(magic Immunity) and "No spells effect the creature" (also from magic Immunity).

but when I cast Armagheddon in battle, my Black Dragons take 35% of the damage, like the other friendly creatures that don't have such resistances. Not to mention the shild that i carry (it should give me an additional 20% resistance to fire).

Is this a bug or is a feature? :)

Shd
10-21-2008, 03:00 PM
It is bug, but it is description bug... :)

Starting from patchs even before english version Armageddon does astral damage, so "works as intended". :)

Smiley
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
hmmm....astral damage?
is there any type of unit with resistance or immunity to this type of damage? :)
3000-5000 damage to everybody sounds very attractive, but only if there is any unit protected, that can survive the battle :)

Shd
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
None of units have nor resistance, nor immunity :) But armageddon is still usable... :)

Kosiciel
10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Use Glot's Armor and cast Armageddon :)

Zhuangzi
10-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Gee I didn't think about Glot's Armor. :eek:

Basically, Black Dragons are immune to just about every spell there is. If they look too difficult, use Armageddon.

"I think we should take off and nuke the site from orbit. Only way to be sure." - Aliens.

Smiley
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
how about Divine armor?
The description says that "it provides protection against all types or damage". is astral damage included in "all types of damage"?

Nike-it
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I have a question about the Armagheddon spell. it's description says that "...causing fire damage to all troops. Friendly troops take only 35% damage".

on the other hand, we have the Black Dragons. They have a "80% resistance to Fire Damage" (Immune to fire), "80% resistance to Magic Damage"(magic Immunity) and "No spells effect the creature" (also from magic Immunity).

but when I cast Armagheddon in battle, my Black Dragons take 35% of the damage, like the other friendly creatures that don't have such resistances. Not to mention the shild that i carry (it should give me an additional 20% resistance to fire).

Is this a bug or is a feature? :)

Black Dragons are affected only by 2 spells: armagedon and Plague

Rhym
10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
They are affected by Trap aswell. My favorite tactic is dropping a trap and having my emerald green dragons pull them over the trap, taking down like 6 of them at once.