PDA

View Full Version : Not using the Rage Box?

JDR13
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
I've had the Rage Box for 3-4 levels now but I kept forgetting to speak with the spirits. I was just curious if anyone ever played the game without using the Box at all.

It seems to me that having another weapon to use in battle (besides spells) would give me too much of an unfair advantage in most battles (playing on 'normal'), and make the game too easy. Right now I'm on level 10 and starting on the Islands of Freedom area. Would I miss out on a lot of fun things (quests, dialog, etc.) by not using the Box?

Shd
10-21-2008, 09:53 AM
You will miss some dialogs with rage spirits themselves. And will not see some powerful abilities :)

phoenixreborn
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
It's definitely more fun with rage.

I think you need it in the demon lands for example. Even on normal.

JDR13
10-22-2008, 04:41 AM
It's definitely more fun with rage.

I think you need it in the demon lands for example. Even on normal.

So it's kind of a necessity then? I'm guessing it makes up for the enemy having bigger armies then you, I'm already starting to struggle in the Freedom Islands.

Jinix the Elder
10-22-2008, 08:18 PM
There are lots of really tough battles ahead there is a long way to go yet.

At first the Rage box seems pretty useless but as the game progresses it gets really helpful. The spirits don't join up as soon as you talk to them. But as the game plays out each one joins you and they get more powerful as you take on more foes.

Jinix the Elder

Don't worry about your heart, it will last you as long as you live.
W. C. Fields

phoenixreborn
10-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I didn't notice I could talk to them until fairly late...but I was still able to develop them pretty well because the warrior gets bonuses to rage spirits.

If you think it's too late then you could start over...the beginning goes much faster when you know what to do.

JDR13
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Now that I'm exploring the Islands, it's easy to see that the Rage box is definitely not an option. Some battles are still seriously hard even with the box.

Marlowe
10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Frankly, I don't think that most of the rage spirits scaled all that well, with one exception. By the middle game, and certainly the late game, they were generally not that useful (and I got all the spirits to at least level 20). The one exception was the Reaper and the Soul Draining ability (and, to a lesse extent, Rage Draining). Reducing stacks of dragons and ogres by a third every couple of turns is pretty nice, and the only rage skill I found really useful in the late game.

phoenixreborn
10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
I think that is the point. I think it's designed so you use the first couple rage spirits early game and the second two late game.

My warriors underground spike with the rock spirit was still pretty useful late though. And glots armor.

ghost rider
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
rage box is sweet.

black hole + orb = win