PDA

View Full Version : A request to Katauri

RyuRanX
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
First I must say I really enjoyed King's Bounty: The Legend. It was a fantastic game, the best one I played this year so far. Now I request a spiritual sucessor to Might and Magic series. Ubisoft has the rights, but they'll never make Might and Magic X. I want a party-based first person RPG like Might and Magic VI or VII.

We need an old-school RPG, and you are the perfect team to make it! ;)

vaultar
10-21-2008, 12:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing too! I sooooo wish Katauri makes Heroes of Might and Magic game. From the many things I read, Ubisoft didn't make a good job of it sadly. it is just sad that such a legendary series is having crappy sequel and expansions.

Of course, after you guys done with add-ons and expansions for King's Bounty that is ;) (I can't wait for them!).

fld88
10-21-2008, 04:15 AM
I really miss the Might & Magic RPGs also. Development wise, Oblivion was vastly superiorbut for sheer fun I'll still prefer M & M. I would love a classic M & M RPG with upgraded graphics and sound.

phoenixreborn
10-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Oblivion was poor and Fallout 3 will be poor.

The might and magic games were fun. I played four through seven and they were all similar and enjoyable...big worlds, plenty to do, some tough enemies.

Heroes V tribes of the east is a good game.

Dark Messiah (of - not actually in the title) Might and Magic is ok game-wise but has nothing to do with any Might and Magic game.

____

We definitely need party based turn based games like MM and Wizardry. I'd be happy enough whoever makes it.

it-ogo
11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I want a party-based first person RPG like Might and Magic VI or VII.

Didn't you play Wizardry 8? ;)

Ish
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Wizardry 8 was awesome.

Pity it took some effort to get into, and that put off some people I recommended it too.

gamerboots
11-13-2008, 08:04 AM
wiz 8.... demo available ? and how good is the gameplay on that one ?

Nike-it
11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Guys, don't go offtopic. You can discuss Wizardy in the "Other topics" section, but please not here.

Roman
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Guys, don't go offtopic. You can discuss Wizardy in the "Other topics" section, but please not here.

A Might & Magic sequel from Katauri/1C would indeed be awesome, but I doubt Ubisoft would license it out (or sell the license). But yes, it would be great.

As to HOMM - Nival/Ubisoft did do a fair job, which became a really good job with the final expansion, the Tribes of the East. That series seems to be in good hands.

Alto
11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey,

I would also like you guy's to atleast have a look at this old, but awesome game
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/birthrightthegorgonsalliance/index.html
This oldie has it all but needs to be updated ..... :)

Lestas
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I've heard they are not planning to work on smth like HoMM or additional expansions for KB (except for Armored Princess). One of them said that they are going to develop a MMO game after finishing the KB:AP.

YENKO
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I've heard they are not planning to work on smth like HoMM or additional expansions for KB (except for Armored Princess). One of them said that they are going to develop a MMO game after finishing the KB:AP.

I hate MMO's, that's why i am enjoying so much KB. Played WoW for 3 years, won't do the same mistake again. It ruined my life, friggin WoW-addiction :(
Free, at last!

Gatts
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Well - I was addict also (only for half year and the game was so... well... "stupid" ... I even won't mention what kind of game it was... still I felt like be possessed or at least obsessed - out of control... bad feeling)

Still I believe that playing MMO does not directly mean addiction - now I am quite addict on KB - still I have not counter indications - I just enjoy the GREAT feeling of enjoying my own free time at PC - but still my other life ways do not suffer at all)

The same goes for HOMM V online - even if it is not MMO -> playing a game online can cause mind obsession - didn't happen to me.

Also I always felt that today MMOs can't give me any sattisfaction I would like to have for the money it costs... (my collegues looks very exited from WOW or Guildwars, they tried to "convert" me - ZERO success -> so I would welcome the challange from the workshop of 1C Company, I totally can bear another positive surprise after KB tL