PDA

View Full Version : How to get to demonis?

mythos12
10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
i have no clue how to get to the orcs nor demonis, can anyone help `?

Nike-it
10-20-2008, 02:15 PM
i have no clue how to get to the orcs nor demonis, can anyone help `?

You can get to demonis in the dwarwen lands (Lower Hadar -> Underground Sea)

To the orcs land you can get through the Haas's Labyrinth in Ellinia .

Jinix the Elder
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Demonis is the next adventure area after you've gone thru the dwarven mines.

You'll find it by just following the game progression, as you go through the dwarven mines; Creiston Mine in Arlania, Upper Hagar down to Lower Hagar and get to the Talon Mines, cross the Underground Sea on a levitating platform (cleverly designed by the dwarves), you get to the gateway to Demonis.

You cannot just hop around the world ahead of yourself too much. You need to build your leadership and other skills to strenghts that can beat the inhabitants of Demonis. Otherwise getting there too fast will make it really hard to win battles.

Jinix the Elder

I'm still a geek on the inside, that's the important thing.
Al Yankovic

Quikpik
10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Where is the levitating platform in lower hadar? I've completed this area and don't remember seeing it.

Zhuangzi
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Pretty sure the lift to Underground Sea is in Talon Mines, not lower Hadar.

You won't be able to fight anything in Demonis until after level 20, but there's nothing stopping you raiding it for goodies and more importantly spells like Armageddon and Demon Portal.

player1
10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Just try not to make mistake like me, when I run around hero who guards the entrance to Demonis to enter there prematurely (some death knight type hero).

Sure, I found some nice spells, increased leadership and got some experience while solving quests. All that without a single battle, since all stacks are way too hard. Luckily, it's easy to bypass armies on floating islands.

Unfortunately, whenever I tried to return to dwarven territory from Demonis it was game over for me. That hero I bypassed before would always attack me the moment I return from Demonis.

So... don't go into Demonis before dealing with that hero.

phoenixreborn
10-22-2008, 01:15 AM
But you just go back to the castle when you die...you don't actually lose right?

Zhuangzi
10-22-2008, 01:53 AM
player1, this is a common problem. I have found that basically enemies stay wherever they were when you go to another map, i.e. they don't walk around while you aren't there. This can be a big problem when fleeing from enemies through a portal or lift or whatever. So you need to make sure you don't allow the enemy to be right behind you. Easier said than done, I know. :)

Saridu
10-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Just try not to make mistake like me, when I run around hero who guards the entrance to Demonis to enter there prematurely (some death knight type hero).

Sure, I found some nice spells, increased leadership and got some experience while solving quests. All that without a single battle, since all stacks are way too hard. Luckily, it's easy to bypass armies on floating islands.

Unfortunately, whenever I tried to return to dwarven territory from Demonis it was game over for me. That hero I bypassed before would always attack me the moment I return from Demonis.

So... don't go into Demonis before dealing with that hero.

You mean Katana? He was outside the portal? Bad break! The last two games I've played he was patrolling the main road inside demonis - which meant he was easy enough to avoid :)

Yes you will be reborn at the castle but with no troops and one of the reasons you want to go to Demonis is the high level troops and spells oh and succubi :grin:

So it all depends if it's accessible.

You don't need to fight at all in Demonis, I picked up every Flag (they can give a mage +140 there) and chest and even knocked on Baal's castle door - oops sorry wrong castle!

I raid it after I'm finished the Korador main quest and picked up my green dragons. On the path in the underground sea there was two fairly tough fights with demon troops but you should be able to do it at lv16.

Other reason for a early demonis raid is the Karus sword quest, it means you have to dodge three insanely tough dragon stacks but the sword is well worth it! (+3 att +3 int +30% att vs demons)

Zhuangzi
10-22-2008, 02:49 AM
Is there a quest attached to the Karus sword, shd? From memory I bought it from a shopkeeper in Demonis in my last game, but this time around I couldn't seem to find it. Does Bhaal have it for sale in his castle perhaps? :confused:

Saridu
10-22-2008, 03:08 AM
The Road Architect quest in Demonis, he sends you to retrieve the sapphire egg = run!

After you return it to him he offers the sword for sale (100k)

Shd
10-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Is there a quest attached to the Karus sword, shd? From memory I bought it from a shopkeeper in Demonis in my last game, but this time around I couldn't seem to find it. Does Bhaal have it for sale in his castle perhaps? :confused:

Dont remember exactly :( . I dont think it is tied to specific quest. Anyway, try to do what Saridu says, but as i remember there was games when i didnt get that sword (or just miss it).