PDA

View Full Version : Book of Evil

Namel
10-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Is book of evil any good?

I did quick test with it and not really sure if it is worth casting instead of another fireball. Of course my test ended up really bad when I used book of evil against last mob alive, killed it and then chain lightning hit 5 of my own units killing ten times more units than I ever had lost in that battle even if I had not cast single spell. Unpredictability might be big problem with it.

kadrzys
10-20-2008, 09:02 AM
yeap, I had some fun with book of evil (something like second but a little wild magic caster) when I played with Mage and I found out that if I cast it in the first turn it will become hungry when my melee units will be engaged in hand-to-hand combat so it will not hurt them a lot. Until it becomes hungry it's very handy (but as I said little wild), almost always casts very good spells at the enemy. Try it out more.

Zhuangzi
10-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I really dislike Book of Evil, because you don't know what you're getting (which spell) and then it wants to eat your units. No thanks! I would rather cast an offensive spell and smash the enemy directly. :-P

Daedalus
10-21-2008, 06:37 AM
i had the AI use this tactic against me once, summon 2 books, use the abilities, then have 1 book eat the other :/

kinda surprised that that worked

Namel
10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
In case some doesn't know. Instead of eating own unit you can use book to attack enemy unit and it reloads.

player1
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
In case some doesn't know. Instead of eating own unit you can use book to attack enemy unit and it reloads.

Exactly. Eating your own is not required. Any attack on enemy units will replenish single spell for the book.

Of course, eating your own gives 2 spells.

kadrzys
10-22-2008, 08:11 AM
but consider book as a support for first turns and don't bother with this hunger so much. Let it eat enemy unit, if couldn't just cast second one. Books are very nice IMO but I don't take them seriously with this hunger thing so I don't have problems with some feeling of wasted spell. You can also let it eat your own unit and then use sacrifice. Many ways of using this spell.

phoenixreborn
10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
When I used the evil book spell with my warrior the book simply acted like a shaman totem...it took a hit so my creatures wouldn't have to. Damn thing never lasted more than one turn.

kadrzys
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
well if used this way it prevents damage for your precious units