PDA

View Full Version : Sound problems!

Elder_Cain
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
I have been playing the game for a week, downloaded off D2D, with no issues. Out of the blue, my sound just stopped working entirely. I have made absolutely no software or hardware changes to my PC since installing this game. I could really use some help with this.

Also, please don't respond with the typical troubleshooting suggestions (like every other sound-related post I have seen on this forum): yes, I have checked my dxdiag and all passed; yes, I have all my critical updates; yes, my drivers are current; yes, my sound and music boxes are checked in the game options menu; and yes, my sound works with absolutely every other game and program on my computer ...it's just KB having the problem.

This is a terrific game and I'm really happy with it, but I would like to get my sound restored. I have WinXP Prof SP2 and a SB Audigy 2, with no on-board audio card.

P.S. I saw a couple posts that recommended adjusting the cl_force_soundcard in the default.ini from -1 to -0. I tried that, but to no avail.