PDA

View Full Version : Staff of Destruction - Argh!!

Metathron
10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone else pulling their hair out because of this freakishly strong "hero" in the archmage's tower in Arlania? I've tried fighting it twice with a level 8/9 mage and failed, and now with a level 10 warrior and keep losing. The thing is just too freakishly strong, decimating my armies with some kind of chain lightning, and helped along with those gremlin towers.

Is/Was anyone else frustrated with this? Frustrated because I've wasted so much time!:-x:

Namel
10-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Leave that alone for while. It is reasonable difficulty after you return from pirate islands.

Metathron
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'll do that.

I reckon I won't be tackling that Enema kid before level 20 either. ;)

Zhuangzi
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah it sure is strange that there are a handful of fights in Darion that are much harder than everything else:

Enema kid - this sucks because you have no indication that it will be a hard fight.

Staff of Destruction - at least you can see that it is level 14 so you can tell whether you should go for it. Personally I would leave it alone until after Kordar.

Troops guarding King's Tent - a stack of 70 Horsemen? Yeah, that's doable at level 5. :rolleyes:

player1
10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Troops guarding King's Tent - a stack of 70 Horsemen? Yeah, that's doable at level 5. :rolleyes:

What is worse, is that when you get finally powerful enough to defeat them, you'll realize there is not enough knights or horsemen there to fill up single stack.

bugmenot
10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
It's possible to lead the enemy away from the tent, loop back and recuit some horsemen.

I used them a bit in the Freedom Isles, but they didn't fit in too well with my (ranged attackers) army.
________
Honda RC111 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC111)

Metathron
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
What is worse, is that when you get finally powerful enough to defeat them, you'll realize there is not enough knights or horsemen there to fill up single stack.

YES! :rolleyes:

Metathron
10-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Finally defeated the bleedin' thing with my level 11 warrior. I got a perverse feeling of pleasure every time one of those gremlins slid down into the abyss. :rolleyes:

The 300 experience is quite unimpressive at this point and for such a foe, and the archmage tower offers a pathetic 10 archmages and 16 inquisitors. Gar!

fld88
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Finally defeated the bleedin' thing with my level 11 warrior. I got a perverse feeling of pleasure every time one of those gremlins slid down into the abyss. :rolleyes:

The 300 experience is quite unimpressive at this point and for such a foe, and the archmage tower offers a pathetic 10 archmages and 16 inquisitors. Gar!

Spoiler Alert

In two different games now I asked for the staff. He refused but both times he game me an Adherent's Staff instead. I wonder if you have to ask for the staff to get that one? Both times I already had one but it will be worth a lot of money when I can upgrade it to the 3rd level.

At 2nd level it is +2 Intellect and I believe it will be +5 at level 3 so I'm going to wait until my Intellect is at 32 then see if I can upgrade the staff so it will bring my Intellect to 35.

Zhuangzi
10-20-2008, 11:37 PM
You can use Sacrifice to create a full stack of Horsemen, so really you only need 1 Horseman from the King's tent using the pathfinding exploit. I love Horsemen so I have made this a priority.

Adherent's Staff (which upgrades to Archmage's Staff) is very nice for a mage once it's upgraded. I think it's +4 intellect from memory. In my last game I had two, both of which were equipped when I had Xeona, who can equip two weapons (3 in total including yourself). :cool:

fld88
10-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Adherent's Staff (which upgrades to Archmage's Staff) is very nice for a mage once it's upgraded. I think it's +4 intellect from memory. In my last game I had two, both of which were equipped when I had Xeona, who can equip two weapons (3 in total including yourself). :cool:

I didn't know that. I'll have to get a divorce when I get to Demonis because my kids suck.

corrozu
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Uhh... I just beat this quest at level 9, after I got the dual spell talent thing...

He didn't give me an adherent staff. I asked for the staff of destruction but he was a jerk. :(

I'm still using the training sword...where do I get a better weapon? x-x