PDA

View Full Version : Where is my hero ! :(

Hero Crawler
10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Now, maybe is a stupid question, but... the training session at the beginnig let me use the hero in battles.
Also, the game let me upgrade my hero (i'm using warrior) adding item and so on.

Problem is: after leaving the first training cave, my hero don't appear into battle, just regular troop are shown! :(

Is something wrong or the game is like this?

Enarr
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Now, maybe is a stupid question, but... the training session at the beginnig let me use the hero in battles.
Also, the game let me upgrade my hero (i'm using warrior) adding item and so on.

Problem is: after leaving the first training cave, my hero don't appear into battle, just regular troop are shown! :(

Is something wrong or the game is like this?

The "hero" units are normal units, the Horsemen and/or Knight.
This isnt like HOMM where you get to control your hero in battle. You, the hero, can just cast rage spells/magic spells.
________
volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Hero Crawler
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
something must be wrong then... my hero can be equipped whit item.
These item boost the hero stats, or at least seem to.

You say "This isnt like HOMM", i don't know how work HOMM, but the item equipped are not usefull, right?
Manual say: Every item has its own characteristics, and when equipped, changes the stats of your hero or is troops.

Obliviously using an hero to fight is more fun, so i'm begining to think this game is not completely developed yet, let out before completed...

bman654
10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
your hero stats get added to your troop stats. Game is very complete.

Hero Crawler
10-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Pal i'm not here to polemize or spread bad thing for this game, anyway the game is clearly unbalanced.
You play whit a mage or whit a warrior and see the difference yourself.
Also, what i'm say is: will be more, more, more fun to play using your avatar in battles.
And don't forget the "killer combo" whit spell... some spell really kill the game fun, 'cause are too powerfull.

I hope new patch take this aspect into consideration, also i hope some missing feature will be added, like the "quest tracer", now i need to write down every location i need to retur after a quest is completed.
I will be more simple if the game let me know when a location already explored need a new visit.

phoenixreborn
10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Unbalanced how?

Hero on the field of combat is a design decision, not a bug.

You've never tried Heroes of Might and Magic 4? In that game heroes were either so weak they were killed instantly or so strong you didn't need any other troops...that's not fun.

wolfing
10-20-2008, 04:00 PM
what you saw in the tutorial was the 'knight' unit that you thought was your hero. It's 2 different things. Your hero is an out-of-combat entity that provides abilities/bonuses to all your units, and also can cast spells once per round (even if you're a warrior). Warrior hero's units do more damage and resist more damage than the Mage's units, but the mage can cast more and more powerful spells. If you think the mage hero is more powerful than the warrior and the paladin, well that's a balancing thing, nothing to do with the game being incomplete.
Your hero can wear items, and those items add to the units in the battlefield (if the item adds +2 defense, then each unit in your army has +2 defense).

Jinix the Elder
10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Like a general you plan the battle and control the troops but you stay well back and not put youself in the line of fire. Just like in real life.

So that's your role in this game - let the troops take the licking but keep yourself safe to form another army and fight more battles. If your army dies you have to go back to king, cap-in-hand, and humbly accept a handout and a handful of new recuits. Again, just like in real life.

A great game - different to first person shooters and hack and slash heros. It's a 21st century boardgame with super drawn, good old fashioned 20th century Walt Disney backdrops, chess-like battles and terrific humor. I am sure this is one game that the developers really enjoyed creating.

King's Bounty - The Legend is a work of art - the eyecandy, the humor, the 3 completely different beginning characters to play, the difficulty levels to choose from and the way you can employ the same creatures your enemy can, makes it a really enjoyable game.

Jinix the Elder

Please all, and you will please none.
Aesop