PDA

View Full Version : Kraken with 3000 leadership?

Namel
10-19-2008, 01:01 AM
I am mage with about 3000 leaderhsip. I got chaos 3, disruption 2 and order 1 but pretty much only rare spell I have is hypnosis.

I would like to beat Kraken now since I am now using lot of pirates and would like to change wife while she is still useful. (My old wife got horrible kids so trying new. :) )

Problem is I can get about 2/3 of Kraken killed and then I get overhelmed by devilfish. Any good ideas how to beat it now before getting any more levels?

I tried with pirates, sea dogs, shamans, goblins and evil beholders. But after couple tentacles my melee is near dead and can't kill devilfish any more. I have been using melee to kill devilfish while ranged and spells hits tentacle.

OmegaDestroyer
10-19-2008, 02:20 AM
If I were you, I'd stick with only one of the ranged units. Have them attack the Kraken. It will take awhile but the extra melee unit will help fend off the devilfish. Also frenzy helps a lot for boss fights.

Namel
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I just gave up and leveled one more time and gathered few flags on area that I cleared. With 3800 leadership Kraken is easy. I had very small losses. With 3000 leadership it was near impossible for me.

wolfing
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I just gave up and leveled one more time and gathered few flags on area that I cleared. With 3800 leadership Kraken is easy. I had very small losses. With 3000 leadership it was near impossible for me.

For future reference, try using ghosts and cast stoneskin, that's like 75% damage resistance there (someone else suggested that). Or, they way I did it, shamans and their totems all over the place should take care of the fish (or at least distract them a lot)

Namel
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
For future reference, try using ghosts and cast stoneskin, that's like 75% damage resistance there (someone else suggested that). Or, they way I did it, shamans and their totems all over the place should take care of the fish (or at least distract them a lot)

I had shamans. I actually tried ghosts. Problem was that ghosts went very fast over leadership and I lost control. I couldn't really figure out way to do it with 3000 leadership. I might have been able to do it with huge losses and lot of tests. But not really worth it.

Zhuangzi
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Namel, I did it very easily on Impossible with Royal Thorns, Orc Shamans and Bowman for ranged attack, and Sea Dogs and Pirates to kill Devilfish. Only spell I cast was Fire Arrow every turn for 5 mana a go.

I lost 15 Sea Dogs and 15 Pirates like this. :cool:

player1
10-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Fire Arrow is really useful against bosses.
Espeically, since those are very long battles, and that spell is very cheap.

Of course, only if having decent intelect and destruction level.

Namel
10-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Namel, I did it very easily on Impossible with Royal Thorns, Orc Shamans and Bowman for ranged attack, and Sea Dogs and Pirates to kill Devilfish. Only spell I cast was Fire Arrow every turn for 5 mana a go.

I lost 15 Sea Dogs and 15 Pirates like this. :cool:

I guess royal thorns might make huge difference. I just didn't have royal thorns anywhere and no sacrifice. Did you really have only 3000 leadership when you did it with so small losses on impossible?