PDA

View Full Version : Catapults dilemma

splattergirl
10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I've hired all of the catapults from Orc castle in Islands of Freedom, is there any other place where I might recruit some more? I am sorry to get any of them killed since they are pretty remarkable unit. same goes for shamans. thanks :)

splattergirl
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
anyway, for those who like catapults as well, I found some on a small island nearby elven territory first area where you come with the boat from Darion, on another small island and shore across of it there were structures where I hired emerald dragons.
hope this helped someone.

Saridu
10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I believe the stock at the orc castle "replenishes" after the Kordar mission, you have to retake the castle, not sure if you took it earlier than that?

Go back after Kordar and beat idiot over the head again (If you didn't do it before it's infested with Beholders). He will offer random orc troops but a good chance of getting catapaults. I know they're random at other locations but I've never met orcs anywhere else - love the randomness in this game!

BTW why have catapaults when you can have shamans and Evil Beholders :)

splattergirl
10-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I believe the stock at the orc castle "replenishes" after the Kordar mission, you have to retake the castle, not sure if you took it earlier than that?

Go back after Kordar and beat idiot over the head again (If you didn't do it before it's infested with Beholders). He will offer random orc troops but a good chance of getting catapaults. I know they're random at other locations but I've never met orcs anywhere else - love the randomness in this game!

BTW why have catapaults when you can have shamans and Evil Beholders :)

I got shamans too, and evil beholders were only to hire in one place on elven territorry as well so I was looking for catapults before that :P

Zwolf
10-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Catapult has this aoe special attack so it's still a pretty good choice but against demons the -50% fire resistance is kinda painful.