PDA

View Full Version : New patch with D2d version

mechnic
10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Will this new patch (kb 1.6.5 for U.S) work with the D2D downloaded game? :confused:

Fargol
10-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Will this new patch (kb 1.6.5 for U.S) work with the D2D downloaded game? :confused:

In my case, NO.

The game is now locked, the unlock code I got when I downloaded it doesn't work, and I can't freaking figure out how to reinstall the digital version.

mechnic
10-18-2008, 10:51 PM
In my case, NO.

The game is now locked, the unlock code I got when I downloaded it doesn't work, and I can't freaking figure out how to reinstall the digital version.

If you downloaded it from Direct2Drive you should have the download manager; you can use that to redownload it. Before you do that uninstall the screwed up game.
I guess we have to wait until D2D puts the patch on their site. :(

JudgeMan
10-23-2008, 02:10 AM
I have the D2D version, it was patched with russian 1.64. I deleted all the mods i had before installing the patch and it worked perfectly.

Stephen_Richard_Webb
10-23-2008, 02:16 AM
But that doesn't mean it actually works. I have the Direct2Drive version, I downloaded the patch form the web site, it installed well but I can't find a version value anywhere in the games interface - I haven't checked to see if the other bug fixes are there [which would prove that the patch does work] however, I can not use the WSAD keys to move my hero, so that may mean that it installs but doesn't really work.

JudgeMan
10-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Hmmm yeah seems they forgot that. Tried adding it manualy to game.ini and it didn't work.

On an other note, Interface mod for ver. 1.64 still works. and now Sacrificial_Knife mod (for 1.64 too) works now (wasn't working on my russian 1.64 patched game before).

Don't know if both affect anything changed in the new patch will see that as I play I guess.

bman654
10-23-2008, 03:23 AM
version appears on the main menu screen in the bottom left of the screen.

Stephen_Richard_Webb
10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
If you are having problems with the WSAD movement after the patch, try altering the game.ini in /my documents/games/kings bounty/game.ini rather than the /kings bounty/data/game.ini file
You shouldn't have to manually enter then entire ~setf line, as it is automatically written to the game.ini in /my documents after the patch.

-SRW