PDA

View Full Version : Can't download patch

Enarr
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
I click link and it directs me to, basically, nothing.

Just me?
Anyone that got the patch already and can you please upload to filefront or something?
________
Honda VT1100C3 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VT1100C3)

videogames10
10-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I downloaded the new English patch from the official KB website and it's useless - it's a .rar file (i.e. Most of us here in the U.S. lack the necessary extraction program to utilize the file). Windows extracts zip files for free, btw. Maybe they're going to release a zip version for the U.S. here shortly.

I tried the Atari website support section, assuming they may have a zip file, but I can't get through - they're saying that my browser (IE7) is not supported. Gee, perhaps I should find a more popular browser.

Looks like we're back to where we started, folks.

Enarr
10-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Winrar - www.rarlab.com

Its a very common program. The trial/free version works fine.
If you can, can you upload the rar file youve downloaded?
________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/)

ghost rider
10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Who puts out a patch fix in an RAR format. Now that is simply ridiculous to me.

videogames10
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Winrar - www.rarlab.com (http://www.rarlab.com)

Its a very common program. The trial/free version works fine.
If you can, can you upload the rar file youve downloaded?

Enarr, I'm gonna hold off on the patch for a while. Perhaps the devs or Atari will provide a zip version for us here in the U.S.

If somebody else doesn't help you out soon, then I'll see what I can do. Surely there's someone on this board who already has a .rar extractor and an existing account with a file hosting site - I have neither (sad face).

videogames10
10-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Who puts out a patch fix in an RAR format. Now that is simply ridiculous to me.

Exactly

bman654
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Er what does being in the US have to do with .rar files? As somone already mentioned, just get winrar. You are about 3 clicks away from being able to handle .rar files.

As for file hosting sites. Goto http://www.savefile.com - no registration required to upload a file.

mechnic
10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Download Winzip 11.2 it's free and it will unzip .rar files. I just unzipped the patch with it!! :cool:

ghost rider
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
The point is I should never have to download some program to unzip a patch a manufacturer distributes to its customers.

It should have already been unzipped with an appropriate executable for immediate use by the customer.

Grix
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
The point is I should never have to download some program to unzip a patch a manufacturer distributes to its customers.

It should have already been unzipped with an appropriate executable for immediate use by the customer.

The whole point of compressing the file is to make it easier to download. Providing an uncompressed file would defeat that purpose.

Could someone that was able to grab the patch please post it for the rest of us that can't access it?

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-17-2008, 10:38 PM

You should have Winrar anyway mate! who doesn't these days?

poprune
10-17-2008, 11:07 PM
There's no file in the FTP directory on the link in this forum; it's an ex-file. It has ceased to be, if it ever was...

videogames10
10-17-2008, 11:24 PM
The whole point of compressing the file is to make it easier to download. Providing an uncompressed file would defeat that purpose.

Could someone that was able to grab the patch please post it for the rest of us that can't access it?

Would it be that incredibly difficult to offer the patch in today's most widely used compression format (ZIP), so that I/we can simply extract the file with Vista? Surely they (the game developers) have the technology. Furthermore, is it really necessary to compress a bloody 10MB file for crying out loud?

This is the first patch, and only the second file that I've come across in RAR format. Every other file that I've ever downloaded has either been non-compressed or in ZIP format. So, I really don't want to have to bother with a trial version of a software program that I have no intention of purchasing in order to extract a single file.

citrixscu
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Would it be that incredibly difficult to offer the patch in today's most widely used compression format (ZIP), so that I/we can simply extract the file with Vista? Surely they (the game developers) have the technology. Furthermore, is it really necessary to compress a bloody 10MB file for crying out loud?

Yes, downloading raw .exe files from the Internet is a security hazard. Doesn't Vista tell you that?

This is the first patch, and only the second file that I've come across in RAR format. Every other file that I've ever downloaded has either been non-compressed or in ZIP format. So, I really don't want to have to bother with a trial version of a software program that I have no intention of purchasing in order to extract a single file.

ZIP is old; RAR is the new way of doing things. Also, if you do not know how to unRAR something, you probably should not be messing with game patches in the first place.

Grix
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Excellent free rar extractor that's not a trial or anything:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Either way, apparently some of you have the file, but no one else can get it at the moment. If you post the file somewhere, I'll extract it and re-post a zip version for you. I just want the patch.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Excellent free rar extractor that's not a trial or anything:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Either way, apparently some of you have the file, but no one else can get it at the moment. If you post the file somewhere, I'll extract it and re-post a zip version for you. I just want the patch.

Here

http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/patches.php

Enarr
10-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Here

http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/patches.php

That link is the same as the sticky. They do not work for us.

Can someone please just upload it to filefront or rapidshare or w/e :(
________
volcano digital review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

videogames10
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Citrixscu, when I run across more than two files that are in RAR format, I'll look into buying stock in winrar.

Grix, I just found this little tidbit over at Filefront.com:

If you are not the author of the file you are uploading, please ensure that you have permission to do so prior to uploading files.

There must be someone here who is a bit more daring than I. Hey, Citrix, how 'bout you. Don't worry, I've seen people do it a million times (lol).

Quote from Bman654:

Er what does being in the US have to do with .rar files?

Since I've only ever run across two .rar files, I just assumed they were some kind of weird-a** foreign file format. Guess what? I was right (lol).

Grix
10-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Would you be willing to email it to me? I can give you an ftp location to post to instead if you'd prefer.

wargamerjack
10-18-2008, 01:40 AM
OK ...Just download the patch , It is only 9MB

Testing it now and will re upload to public server , probably megaupload in zip format shortly

Grix
10-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Testing it now and will re upload to public server , probably megaupload in zip format shortly

Thanks. I don't know why some of us aren't able to get it.

wargamerjack
10-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Here is the link for the Atari patch 1.6.5 (9MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ECNO2ITX

Jack

videogames10
10-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Grix, did you get the file? I'll e-mail it to you if not - that is if it's ok to do so. mods?

wargamerjack, thanks for that link (thumbs up)

videogames10
10-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Wow! compressing that file saved a whopping 0.12MB of space!

I think I need a stiff drink after all this (lol)

Grix
10-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I got the file, thanks :)

videogames10
10-18-2008, 04:55 AM
I got the file, thanks :)

Good deal.

Let's all remember to send wargamerjack a Christmas card this year. Maybe some Halloween candy, too.

Jamz
10-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Wow! compressing that file saved a whopping 0.12MB of space!

I think I need a stiff drink after all this (lol)

Are you an idiot or something? No one in they right mind would dl raw .exe file from the internet these days, only complete MORONS do that. So yeah, even if the file had 0,1 MB, it should be compressed. And as this weird-ass foreign .rar is better than .zip, more developed people us it - but for crying out loud, foreign file format? In the age of Internet different countries have different files formats? Damn, that a new one for me. And installing winrar only takes like what, 3 to 5 clicks with LMB?

Somebody explained that all earlier, but apparently 10 in your nick is your age, so you can't be bothered to install additional software on your PC to play your games. Probably running it without firewall/av too, huh? How I wish that some people would have their access to the web limited...

wargamerjack
10-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Good deal.

Let's all remember to send wargamerjack a Christmas card this year. Maybe some Halloween candy, too.

No problem , just want to help out

videogames10
10-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Are you an idiot or something?

I've been known to be on more than one occasion. In fact, I'm surprised you're even asking this (snort).

only complete MORONS do that

See response above.

And as this weird-ass foreign .rar is better than .zip

Better compression ratio, longer compact/extract times. Of course, this would allow me more time to sit on the toilet and read comic books. HULK rules!

more developed people use it

I was born premature. I'll grant ya that I certainly could have used a few more weeks in the womb.

And installing winrar only takes like what, 3 to 5 clicks with LMB?

I don't want to develop arthritis at an early age.

Somebody explained that all earlier, but apparently 10 in your nick is your age

15, but thanks; it's not the first time I've been told I look/seem younger than my age (giddy look on face).

so you can't be bothered to install additional software on your PC to play your games

I can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. Geez, man.

Probably running it without firewall/av too, huh?

We don't don't need no stinking firewalls...

How I wish that some people would have their access to the web limited...

Which ones? (lol)

phoenixreborn
10-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Play nice everyone.

I didn't even notice there was a patch out until I saw this thread. Hopefully it will fix problems people have been having.