PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Blue Screen !!

Sylar
10-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Hello

I have a problem with playing the King`s Bounty. When I played in tutorial suddenly appear Blue Screen and reset computer :(

I load MINIDUMP and looking for error and write this:
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+1111b9 )
I have A64 3000, 2gb ram, GF 7600, Chieftec 420W and System XP SP 2.

Maybe problem is the driver graphics card? I have the new driver 173.19 and maybe my card GF 7600 is too older?

P.S - sorry for my bad english :)

hawker
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
No application or game should blue screen, it indicates a problem with your computer and/or its drivers. It may trigger a bug in drivers, but it's still a bug in drivers. Make sure you also upgrade motherboard drivers and soundcard drivers.

dakiar
10-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I have exactly the same problem and so have other people. Not sure if it is an AMD or graphics card problem, I downloaded the latest drivers but the problem is still the same. Sure it is caused by the game.

milo
10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
I found using old omega drivers after using driver cleaner on up-to-date nvidia drivers in safe mode, were far far more stable. The BSOD are definitely graphics card driver related. Unfortunately some other programs I use require up-to-date drivers so pita. Try omega drivers if you want a temporary fix.

Sylar
10-18-2008, 06:19 AM
I have exactly the same problem and so have other people. Not sure if it is an AMD or graphics card problem, I downloaded the latest drivers but the problem is still the same. Sure it is caused by the game.

How have you graphics card ??
But I yesterday reinstall graphics driver on 93.71 and playing this game for one hours and zero problem. Maybe been good. Hmm

Or new patch 1.6.5 is fixed this problem??

I found using old omega drivers after using driver cleaner on up-to-date nvidia drivers in safe mode, were far far more stable. The BSOD are definitely graphics card driver related. Unfortunately some other programs I use require up-to-date drivers so pita. Try omega drivers if you want a temporary fix.

Old Omega driver??? How version ? and what is the BSOD ?

milo
10-18-2008, 06:47 AM
BSOD is blue screen of death, I have tested with several recent nvidia drivers and have experienced BSOD periodically while playing king's bounty. The omega drivers are an optimised alternate set of drivers, after extensive testing they do not give bsod. Unfortunately the newest omega driver is 10 months old http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Sylar
10-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Ok thx.. I try temporarily using my old driver for nvidia 93.71 and maybe been good ;)

dakiar
10-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Thank you for the omega drivers advice I will give it a try!

Sylar
10-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Thank you for the omega drivers advice I will give it a try!

You may too try using 93.71 driver :)

dakiar
10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I tried using omega drivers same problem! BSOD bam computer down. :(

I am not buying the game now, the updated demo keeps crashing like this. I cannot play through a game who keeps crashing my computer that seriously, sad and frustrating as this was the best game demo I tried for several years! but I really tried everything, I just have to go give up.

Sylar
10-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Dakiar --> How often appear BSOD ?? and How have you graphics card ??

Maybe install new patch 1.6.5 ??

dakiar
10-19-2008, 08:41 AM
I am playing the updated demo. I didn't buy the game yet because of the demo keeps crashing. It crashes every 30 minutes with BSOD I tried with the omega drivers same problem, except it doesn't complain nvdisp4.0.dll anymore jsut the omega driver instead.

Trying the 93.71 driver now, if it crashes with this also, I Will give up, and just not buy the game!

my graphics card is geforce 7800GTX

dakiar
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
tried the 93.71 driver no crashes I bought the game through gamersgate now!

They should give you some flowers Sylar, I would never install the 93.71 driver if not for your advice! so you increased the sales of kings bounty by +1 and increase the chance of a sequal! well done!

Sylar
10-25-2008, 11:30 AM
tried the 93.71 driver no crashes I bought the game through gamersgate now!

They should give you some flowers Sylar, I would never install the 93.71 driver if not for your advice! so you increased the sales of kings bounty by +1 and increase the chance of a sequal! well done!

I'm glad I was able to help, and I wish you a good game. :)