PDA

View Full Version : GamersGate Patch 1.6.5 (or 1.6.4)

monkeydog
10-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Can someone post this somewhere so people who bought the game elsewhere can have the latest patch since Atari is resting on their laurels to put it nicely? I have never seen a game that is so hard to get the patch for like this one. Thanks in advance if anyone can do this.

JGary321
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
I know. I will NEVER buy from Atari again. This was my first time buying from them & I extremely regret it.

videogames10
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Can someone post this somewhere so people who bought the game elsewhere can have the latest patch since Atari is resting on their laurels to put it nicely? I have never seen a game that is so hard to get the patch for like this one. Thanks in advance if anyone can do this.

They may be just simply watching these boards to see if any more problems arise so that they can knock them all out with one patch. Who knows? The game seems to be "relatively" clean of bugs with the exception of the following:

1. The Mirabella crash

2. Windows DEP occasionally shutting the game down, so use that quick-save button

3. Portal locations are not being displayed on all of the maps

bman654
10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
The GamersGate patch won't help you. If you install the GamersGate patch you will convert your kb.exe to the GamersGate DRM and you would fail on the GamersGate authentication. Your only choice it seems is to install the Russian 1.6.4 patch. Atari purchasers seem to be using it without problems.

monkeydog
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
OK - I will try that bman654. I wasn't aware of an incompatibility between the Atrai version and the Gamersgate. Thanks for clarifying this.