PDA

View Full Version : When Coming to Australia

muskcat83
10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi,

I notice that the game is out, still love the old kings bounty. When is it being released in Australia? :confused:

Muskcat83

GeneralGonzo
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
As a propose before waiting too long: you can buy it via download from the Atari homepage ! I´m from germany and bought it that way too, as it is released here in the beginning of november.

Zhuangzi
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, I'm Australian too and I think the answer is never or at least not for a long time. If you desperately want a boxed copy then you can order it from Gameplanet New Zealand for $100 NZ (like $80 Aus).

But by far the best way to order is through Gamersgate. Check them out. I can highly recommend this service providing you have a way to download the game (which is a 2 gig download). It will cost you about $60 at the current exchange rate, which is much cheaper than the alternative. You're a bit late, I got this game three weeks ago and I only paid $48 due to the better exchange rate to the US dollar. :-P

But go with Gamersgate. I have bought three games from them and I've never had a problem.

Ryder
10-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Well I bought the boxed copy from Gamestop, cost me $88 at the time. I had originally ordered it from Gameplanet but their release date was put back so didnt want to wait. It was cheaper to go through Gamestop anyway.

Doesnt matter if you buy it or download it, just get it. Nuff said.

grjohnson
11-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Still waiting for a release in AUS :(

Ryder
11-27-2008, 05:37 AM
You'll be waiting forever.

Download it or buy it from an overseas store if you want to play it this century.

Sherwood
11-27-2008, 06:29 AM
you could always download it, and once it comes buy it! I'm sure its not the 'proper' way to do it, but until publishers realize they need to release their works in more countries OR use a tried and true service like steam... I don't have a lot of sympathy.

You should still support 1c though, even as an American I appreciate king's bounty a lot, and like their take on the games.

Zhuangzi
11-27-2008, 09:16 AM
you could always download it, and once it comes buy it! I'm sure its not the 'proper' way to do it, but until publishers realize they need to release their works in more countries OR use a tried and true service like steam... I don't have a lot of sympathy.

You should still support 1c though, even as an American I appreciate king's bounty a lot, and like their take on the games.

Gamersgate is a tried and true service. There's absolutely no excuse to pirate a game when it can be got on Gamersgate right this instant for US $40. :evil:

Metroplex
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Gamersgate is a tried and true service. There's absolutely no excuse to pirate a game when it can be got on Gamersgate right this instant for US $40. :evil:

Fully functional KB from Gamergate: US$40
Fully functional KB rip from someplace: US$0

Difference: Priceless:grin:

Gatts
11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Fully functional KB from Gamergate: US$40
Fully functional KB rip from someplace: US$0

Difference: Priceless:grin:

1.) I don't like promoting "somewhere else" on official forums - not right/ not clever
2.) I doubt that pirate version is the same as original -> patches do not work well - cracks for pathes have trojans/viruses... so basically even if you start googling + clicking on the wrong pages for it on non-proper pages - your PC safety is on stake - trust me
3.) Don't wonder that so few good games are out there nowdays - as it is so easy to get pirate copy - even the pirat guys (hackers/crackers) have in their .nfo / .diz files huge notes : "If you like this game : BUY IT!"

4.) If you like this game : BUY IT!

grjohnson
11-29-2008, 11:07 PM
There's never any doubt that I'll purchase the game, I downloaded and played the demo and thought it an instant gem. But finding it has been difficult. I've seen it at www.gameswarehouse.com.au also for $80AUD. So I think I'll grab it from there.

I also agree, there should be no talk of Piracy in the official game developer forums.

Metroplex
12-13-2008, 08:46 AM
If I wait until they release it here in Australia, Katauri would have released "Armoured Princess" by then.
So as a Xmas present to myself I bought the EU version so that I can play it in Spanish, all I have to do now is wait for it to arrive!:grin:

Gatts
12-15-2008, 08:01 AM
If I wait until they release it here in Australia, Katauri would have released "Armoured Princess" by then.
So as a Xmas present to myself I bought the EU version so that I can play it in Spanish, all I have to do now is wait for it to arrive!:grin:

An than you will realize you do not understand Spanish... and specifically this one version is Spanish only, instead multi-lang