PDA

View Full Version : Post your high scores here!

Zhuangzi
10-15-2008, 12:47 PM
*Mods, I'm not sure which folder this should go in.*

I've completed two games on Hard now, as a Paladin and as a Mage. Yes, that's well over 120 hours of playing in about three weeks. :o Anyway, I'm wondering whether my scores are good, and who can beat them. :-P

Game 1:

Paladin
Level 29
49 days
97 quests completed, 2 failed, 1 unfinished
23,000 leadership
20 Attack, 22 Defense, 16 intellect
Score 890

Game 2:

Mage
Level 29
33 days
101 quests completed, no failures
19,000 leadership
14 Attack, 21 Defense, 31 Intellect
Score 1083

Basically, the main difference between game 1 and game 2 was the time, 49 days compared to 33. I discovered that the time is used in calculating the score, and that most of the time is taken up with going from one continent to another. So I stopped going back to Freedom Islands etc once I had finished. I just used whatever troops were locally available.

So, what's your best score? I'm sure those Russian guys like Shd can do better than this. :cool:

reed
10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
WTF, i'm at day 6* but still.... :( :(

vaultar
10-17-2008, 07:24 AM
one thing i dont get...

i mean u have cheats and mods out there for the game, im just worried ppl will use them to their advantage to make a higher score... :S

Enarr
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM
one thing i dont get...

i mean u have cheats and mods out there for the game, im just worried ppl will use them to their advantage to make a higher score... :S

Is there a reward for the highest score? Is this a contest? No, this is merely for "epeen." If people are cheating just to get a high score so they can post it on some forum, then I feel sorry for them. So why would you be worried over something so ridiculous?

Back on topic :
Paladin, Diff: Hard, Score: 680
Days: 78. I traveled back and forth a lot to get my specific army, wasted a lot of days :( . Wished game ending money amount added to score because I had close to 3 million.
________
herbalaire reviews (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

LiveInABox
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
just completed it for the first time on normal..

Warrior
Level 30
40 days
100 quests complete
24,758 leadership
23 Attack, 32 Defense, 13 intellect, Rage 129, Mana 93
Total damage by troops 75%, by rage 24%, magic 1%
Score 792

MajorS
11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Extra condition in both games: "Stick to one wife" ;)

My first try on Hard(724):

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/paladin_hard_1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/paladin_hard_2.jpg

I wasted alot of time in the end (without noticing) by flying around and keeping my army restocked from the capitals.

My second try on Impossible(1454):

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mage_impossible_1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mage_impossible_2.jpg

I didnt finish the demon world with closing the portal, since it would have taken another Game Day to fly over. And after 2 Play throughs after each other i got tired of the game so i just wanted to finish it :D

(No cheating involved, if anyone is interested in the savegames i can attach em here)

jake21
11-01-2008, 07:28 PM
My high:
mage on hard 29 days 1126
warrior on hard 37 days 1034
mage on medium 53 days 690
playing my fourth (and last game) paladin on hard. All of the above were level 29 (not sure how you get to 30 - maybe paladin xp bonus).

Zhuangzi
11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
MajorS, over 1400 is very impressive. My third game (Impossible Mage) was a score of 1274, and it took 36 days. How on earth can you finish the game in 24 days on Impossible? I got it down to 29 on Hard but I don't see how I could be any quicker than that.

Also, I see you used Sprites and Lake Fairies extensively in that second game. Presumably you would agree with me that Sprites/Lake Fairies/Dryads with Anga's Ring equipped is the strongest combo in the game?

EDIT: and I just noticed you used troops 91% for kills and only 3& spellbook. WTF? You obviously didn't use offensive spells at all throughout the game. You might have only used buffs/debuffs right? Can you explain how your strategy worked for this game, because it clearly worked extremely well. I thought I was doing well with 1274 score in 36 days on Impossible, but you've done even better. And the main difference appears to be that I used spellbook for 50% of kills (i.e. I pursued an offensive Chaos strategy) and you did something quite differently.

Someone pointed out recently that you could store the small number of Sprites/Lake Fairies you get at level 1 until you have Sacrifice, and then clone them indefinitely as soon as you have Anga's Ring. I have a feeling that this would be a devastating strategy. Is this what you did?

jake21
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
If I had to guess - he used a lot of phantom. I found it very effective with a stack of lake flies and similar.... Oddly neither of my mages found it until the very end while my warrior found it near the start...

MajorS, over 1400 is very impressive. My third game (Impossible Mage) was a score of 1274, and it took 36 days. How on earth can you finish the game in 24 days on Impossible? I got it down to 29 on Hard but I don't see how I could be any quicker than that.

Also, I see you used Sprites and Lake Fairies extensively in that second game. Presumably you would agree with me that Sprites/Lake Fairies/Dryads with Anga's Ring equipped is the strongest combo in the game?

EDIT: and I just noticed you used troops 91% for kills and only 3& spellbook. WTF? You obviously didn't use offensive spells at all throughout the game. You might have only used buffs/debuffs right? Can you explain how your strategy worked for this game, because it clearly worked extremely well. I thought I was doing well with 1274 score in 36 days on Impossible, but you've done even better. And the main difference appears to be that I used spellbook for 50% of kills (i.e. I pursued an offensive Chaos strategy) and you did something quite differently.

Zhuangzi
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Jake, I used Phantom a lot in my first (Paladin) game but less in my second and third games. But I will be interested to hear how he did it. 24 days - I didn't realise that was even possible. There is a certain amount of sea/air travel that is necessary, right? :confused:

blacklegionary
11-02-2008, 03:01 AM
I guess MajorS mod his file.There is no way he can get that much rune,gold and crystal without modding plus his spirit Lina is too high lv(for a mage) while my mage nearly have no chance to use due to low rage increase rate of Impossible and Mage.

jake21
11-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Jake, I used Phantom a lot in my first (Paladin) game but less in my second and third games. But I will be interested to hear how he did it. 24 days - I didn't realise that was even possible. There is a certain amount of sea/air travel that is necessary, right? :confused:

Don't know how he did it - in my 29 day game I could have shrunk it to 27 - of course that was on hard and not impossible (like you). Then again I noted the person above me who thinks his game was modded to be extra easy :)

MajorS
11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I guess MajorS mod his file.There is no way he can get that much rune,gold and crystal without modding plus his spirit Lina is too high lv(for a mage) while my mage nearly have no chance to use due to low rage increase rate of Impossible and Mage.

And why would i have cheated Gold, that i didnt use? Especially since you can see from the Screenshots, that my Losses where extremely low. Also if you are not using Lina enough that doesnt mean everyone is. And the Crystal and Rune values are normal, everyone can sum theirs up and the end and compare.

Here is my Strategy:

Very important: Do not travel and if you have to try to travel shortly before 7am to cut down on traveling times.

Also try to sneak and get all Runes, Banners, Chests and Gold without fighting. This helps you build up before you have to actually fight.

I kept my 15 start sprites hoping to get Sacrifice before i hit the Elven Lands, but that was only possibly through sneaking into the Demon world (passing a Hero and a stack right in front of the portal) In the end it wasnt worth it. Because unless you are lucky enough to get Sacrifice alot earlier you will be able to recruit Fairies from the Elven lands anyway.

For the start i used Fireball alot. This is where all my Magic damage comes from. Upgrading spell power whenever possible. But that started to not be enough and the last major Battle using alot of Destruction Magic was against the Kraken, to get my first and only Wife (I needed another weapon slot very early)

The most important switch of Strategy was to get Giants at all costs by sieging the Castle in the Mines. After this alot of fights became a breeze with "Target" and Shield from Archmages on my Giants most encounters where straight forward with minor losses. This used to be the Strategy until i hit the elven lands. Getting Lina soon and upgrading her Charges ability so i would get 5(3 Rage, 2 Mana) Charges with 8 each. This is another 16 Mana every 4 rounds. And the moment you get Gift and have enough Inquisitors its easy to resurrect fallen troops, even Giants. Some battles became very tedious. Leaving one stack and spamming Charges every 4 rounds to get enough Mana to keep that stack slowed and also Gift my Inquisitors when there was enough Mana.

When i felt ready i assaulted the Demon Castle to advance to the Elven Lands. At this time i also sneaked into Demon world and got Issharas Whip (extremely important), some runes, money and Banners. I also got Sacrifice there. In the Elven Lands i hired both Sprite types. If there is not enough of one type just fight an easy Upgrade Battle and use Sacrifice + Gift + Charges. I also replaced the Giants with Green Dragons here, which act as another Mana recharger. At this point i had the Archmages (for Shield and minor damage + crowd control), the Inquisitors for Initial Rage to Drain Rage and Resurrection, Green Dragons for Mana and as a Meat Shield with Target and both Fairy types as major damage dealers with the Ruby and the Whip.

At some point when stacks become to large to have the Dragons act as bait i replaced the Archmages with Dryads. Getting better crowd control and a good damage dealer (now having 3 units benefiting from Ruby&Whip). The damage these Sprites do dwarfes anything i could do with fire magic, besides i needed to use my spells as crowd control now (sleep, sheep, slow, target, Stoneskin) I did not cast a single Phantom Spell in the game.

This setup ended up being far superior than most stacks and i had basically no losses breezing trough the Elven and Dwarfen lands.

MajorS
11-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Difficult battles:

Karador(?)

My Green dragons where not good enough of a tank for his troops. So i equipped the -30% leader for Griffons Regalia and stocked up on Griffons (54 leader for 90 health, flight and unlimited retaliation)

In the first round i sheeped his Necros(bad AoE) and let his troops destroy some of the Fortifications. Next round i cast Target and Stone Skin (had just gotten 2x cast) and Shield(Archmages) on my Griffons (Giving them like 70-80% resistance) and put them in the middle of the advancing army drawing attention from 6 directions. After that it became somewhat easy. The Necros will attack your Griffons damaging their own troops. The Griffons also hit everyone that hits them and the Fairies fly around and kill the troops without fear of being attacked (thanks to target). Just be carefull of Hypnosis (when your Griffons 'out') and Fear on your Fairies.

Troops with Black Dragons:

Those are a pain in the but, because my Fairies deal only minor damage to them. For those i got a stack of Paladins that stayed in reserve and would replace the Green Dragons. I also hired Undead Archers because the benefit from the Whip alot and are very dangerous with Dragon arrow. Just make sure they can actually shot and are not blocked.

Haas:

Almost completely swap of troops. Knights + Paladins (Good resistance) + Unicorns (Good damage against the demons and fair Hitpoints), Ancient Ents (very good tank for cheap and they start in the middle already so low speed is not an issue) and Lake Fairies (those that dont have Fire Weakness). I also was lucky to have 2x Dragon Slayer Sword (one from Arena one random). I start the battle with Black Hole, Mass Speed and Mass Dragon Slayer. The next two rounds i use one of my spells to further bless my troops and the other to counter Haas spells. This was a very brutal battle, but the dragons fell like flies thanks to the 2 swords and extra damage from slayer. The rest was just slaughtering (beware of Hypnotise, keep a Dispell ready)

Once again if anyone wants i have a bout 60 MB of savegames from all stages of the game.

MajorS
11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
And never use transportation from the Dwarf Capital to Human Capital. Always run. Its boring and annoying but its alot faster game time wise.

Zhuangzi
11-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Yep, I believe you. I wasn't saying you cheated, simply that I wasn't sure how to cut it down to 24 days. I would have thought it possible to complete the game this quickly on lower difficulties by avoiding several fights. My Impossible game took 36 days and it would have been even longer (maybe 40-42) if I had cleared out everything.

I haven't tried the Giant tactic you describe here, but it sounds good. And it looks liked I guessed correctly with the Sacrifice - initial Sprites/Lake Fairies tactic. I think we agree that these are best units for damage in the game. Criticals of up to 20,000 are quite possible with 20,000 leadership.

So well done! :grin:

Amamake
11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Well, the quickest way to get to King's Castle is to die. This could cut a day or two from the statistics.

MajorS
11-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Yep, I believe you. I wasn't saying you cheated, simply that I wasn't sure how to cut it down to 24 days. I would have thought it possible to complete the game this quickly on lower difficulties by avoiding several fights. My Impossible game took 36 days and it would have been even longer (maybe 40-42) if I had cleared out everything.

I haven't tried the Giant tactic you describe here, but it sounds good. And it looks liked I guessed correctly with the Sacrifice - initial Sprites/Lake Fairies tactic. I think we agree that these are best units for damage in the game. Criticals of up to 20,000 are quite possible with 20,000 leadership.

I must say, that my strategy would actually work with any class. The warrior would benefit from another 6000 Leadership. In a way its kinda sad tho how overpowered some combos are. Just equip another +1 damage item and the Fairies get another 30% damage increase. More different damage types would also help with Dragons. I guess next try is Warrior on Impossible :D. Makes picking a wife easier too, since the Warrior already comes with 2 weapon slots.

But probably not anytime soon. Maybe shortly before the expansion comes out to refresh my memory ;)

Zhuangzi
11-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Yes, my next game will be Impossible Warrior too. That's as soon as I finish Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines.

Oh and I've still got The Witcher: Enhanced Edition to play. I can't seem to get into this - presumably it gets better after the prologue. So far it seems like a fairly lame hack n slash game.

JudgeMan
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
OH it's definitly not a plain lame hack n' slash. The prologue and act1 sure are a bit less fun (act1 still has some very cool moments) but once you get into the city it's pure fun up until the credits.

Spiralkill
11-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Hey Zhuangzi

Right now I am beginning of Day 19 and I am left with the labyrinth and Murock. the only reason i think it will take me more than 24 days (and that's a ? ) is because i left one obelisk unmarked in the undead lands (I was damn sure I marked it b4 i went back). the trick is to try and minimize traveling, If u go to a continent make sure u stay there until u finish everything and if u travel try to do it between 00:00 to 6:55 so u save a day (I would recommend between 03:00 and 6:55 is u have the night fighter skill).
I am sure that with a mage I will be able to cut that down even further.

BTW the witcher is a good game, the only thing annoying about it was the huge loading time but i heard the new ver got that fixed).

Zhuangzi
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
If you are up to day 19 now, then there's no reason you can't finish by day 24, even with going back to the Undead lands. So kudos to you. I knew about the time of day travelling thing, but I still seemed to have to go back and forth a bit in my Impossible game.

I will persevere with The Witcher (and they have fixed loading times) but right now I am enjoying Vampire: Bloodlines. Basically the beginning of that seemed better than the beginning of The Witcher. :)

jake21
11-04-2008, 04:02 PM
If you are up to day 19 now, then there's no reason you can't finish by day 24, even with going back to the Undead lands. So kudos to you. I knew about the time of day travelling thing, but I still seemed to have to go back and forth a bit in my Impossible game.

I will persevere with The Witcher (and they have fixed loading times) but right now I am enjoying Vampire: Bloodlines. Basically the beginning of that seemed better than the beginning of The Witcher. :)

I'm up to day 9 and currently clearing elven area. This includes an extra trip to pirate area. I'm undecided If I want to make a third trip to pirate area (only left is orc rebillion - seems like a waste of time to go there again but what the heck).

There has been a bit of bickering about classes being uneven but I'm finding my paladin (now level 20) so far to be much easier than warrior or mage. Not sure if it is because of items or natural nature of paladin. At level 20 I have soemthing like 15 15 17 for attack/defense/int and this does not include 15 bonus attack against undead/demons. Also - oddly my rage/mana and leadership are all very high (something like 80/100/13500). Of course I have not done the two 'hard' fights yet but I'm expecting them to not be too bad since they fall into the paladin strengths (undead and demon).

I think if I made a real effort (not my style) I could have kept the time (to this point to 7 days) and finish in the low/mid 20's (a couple of times I've gotten up and forgotten to hit pause - and I waste a lot of time regaining mana).

MajorS
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
In my opinion Boat and Air-traveling time should be reduced and set to a fixed time like 2h instead. The way it is right now its just annoying if you forgot something.

Smash
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Here are my scores after end my game on first approach as mage on normal.
My favorite strat was using only demons (lvl 4 unit not a race :) ) and Armageddon with this strat i won 95% fights without losses.
I tried many strats before that but as heavy intellect investment for spell damage i couldn't go other way and others damage spells are too weak in radius. Rain fire is pathetic it is just improve fireball.
I don't know what quest i missed.

jake21
11-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Ok my paladin on hard took 22 days - and I wasted 2 full days doing absolutely crap (such as going back to pirate area just to kill orcs after embassy thingy) so I think doing it under 20 days AND killing everything (I reached level 30 for the first time) is quite possible. Stats/Score:
1215 (score)
35 20 20 84 91 (attack,defense,int,rage,mana)
23 21 24 26 (zerok,sleem,lina,reaper)
---
Hum. And for the first time I completed 102 quests.
I had nice items at the end (best of my games including all three rune granting items). However, I found the eq. sword just before the last fight (in the final orc area) AND unlike my previous two games I found no fire resistant items (previous game I had over 40% fire resistant).

I'm up to day 9 and currently clearing elven area. This includes an extra trip to pirate area. I'm undecided If I want to make a third trip to pirate area (only left is orc rebillion - seems like a waste of time to go there again but what the heck).

There has been a bit of bickering about classes being uneven but I'm finding my paladin (now level 20) so far to be much easier than warrior or mage. Not sure if it is because of items or natural nature of paladin. At level 20 I have soemthing like 15 15 17 for attack/defense/int and this does not include 15 bonus attack against undead/demons. Also - oddly my rage/mana and leadership are all very high (something like 80/100/13500). Of course I have not done the two 'hard' fights yet but I'm expecting them to not be too bad since they fall into the paladin strengths (undead and demon).

I think if I made a real effort (not my style) I could have kept the time (to this point to 7 days) and finish in the low/mid 20's (a couple of times I've gotten up and forgotten to hit pause - and I waste a lot of time regaining mana).

Calinda
11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
My second game:

Difficulty - Impossible
Class - Warrior
Level 30
14 days
100 quests completed, 1 unfinished
28,868 leadership
37 Attack, 27 Defense, 15 intellect
Rats eaten: 0
Score: 1598

BTW I was only 1:17h into day 14 so I can try to reload from earlier save and make it for 13 ;)

Zhuangzi
11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
14 days?

You are going to have to explain this to me. I thought you meant you rushed through the game avoiding normal stacks, just completing the main quests. I thought maybe that would be possible in 14 days. But I just can't comprehend how you could sweep everything so quickly. I know people are finishing in low 20s and it usually takes me around 30 days, but 14 is nuts. I mean, a certain amount of sea/air travel is necessary, right?

Clear Darion (4 days?)
Darion -> Freedom Isles (I guess less than one day if you time it right)
Clear Freedom Isles (2 days?)
Freedom Isles -> Darion (less than 1 day)
Clear Kordar (at least 3 days, surely)
Kordar -> Ellinia (less than 1 day)
Clear Ellinia + Land of the Dead (3 days?)
Ellina -> Darion (less than 1 day)
Walk through to Kordar/Demonis
Clear Demonis/Mehgard (2 days?)
Darion -> Ellinia (less than 1 day)
Haas' Labyrinth (1 day?)
Murock (1 day?)
End game

That's my guess of the minimum time it would take. 16 days plus travel. I'd say 18 would be the limit of how quickly you could do this, and it doesn't include things like completing the Holy Indulgence quest for Anga's Ruby. Did you complete that quest? It would mean travelling back to Freedom Isles and return (at least 1 extra day).

So you explain to me how you can finish the game in just over 13 days, Calinda. I truly can't see how it is possible.

Calinda
11-09-2008, 07:57 AM
So I did it in 13 as I promised; the new screenshot is attached:

Difficulty - Impossible
Class - Warrior
Level 30
13 days
100 quests completed, 1 unfinished
28,468 leadership
37 Attack, 30 Defense, 15 intellect
Rats eaten: 0
Score: 1612

And you properly guessed what the unfinished quest was ;) That's 2 days that one cannot afford when playing for high-score; And no, I didn't skip anything else. Just in the 13 days game skipped a few things in Murock so I could save those 1:17 that were pushing me in 14.

Lord_Loffen
11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
13 days on impossible! With all quests done? Sure you haven't cheated? Or you could have made this high score. It's prety easy if you know how to...

Calinda
11-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Here are 2 more of the interesting screenshots:

Max stats of my hero when using only stats items; and the other is winning last battle without loses, so it proves that the no loses game is virtually possible .

Calinda
11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeah, no cheating there. It really is pretty easy if you know how to. Zhuangzi gave some good clues in his post. I'll give you one more - my game was not so pretty linear as he described. For example I left some things in Ellinia/Lands of the Dead for later when I returned with the key for Haas labyrinth. You tell me why.

Zhuangzi
11-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah, no cheating there. It really is pretty easy if you know how to. Zhuangzi gave some good clues in his post. I'll give you one more - my game was not so pretty linear as he described. For example I left some things in Ellinia/Lands of the Dead for later when I returned with the key for Haas labyrinth. You tell me why.

If I gave you clues, why am I stuck in Kordar in my Impossible Warrior game on day 16? :confused:

I'm not saying you cheated, but I still don't understand how you can do it so quickly. I find that even when I go through the game in a linear fashion it takes me around 30 days. I suppose I didn't pay attention to the time of day when I travelled between continents, but that's about all I can think of. Also, I am finding it much harder as a Warrior than as a Mage. I think partly this is due to the items found in particular games, but still...

And I thought that Sprites/Lake Fairies would be the best combo to use (as sector24 found with his 40,000+ critical), but you don't seemed to have used them at all, especially not if you didn't have Anga's Ruby until the end of the game.

I guess I need to re-read YOUR posts. :-P

Calinda
11-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Mhm, minimize your time loss when you travel, also minimize time between battles (i.e. try to finish them with as much mana/rage as possible, so you are virtually ready for the next one), and do not wander around aimlessly ...
Dunno if I had luck with items, but telescopic sight at Kordar, and two dragon slayer swords before clearing Demonis, were the key items for me. Also I got that ring that increases intellect permanently after 20 or so battles from the zombie at the cemetery.
Tactics Treatise (can't remember where I got it exactly, but it was somewhere in the marsh), helped for XP from early on, but went to terrible morale at the end of starting continent. I managed to suppress it after I collected the leadership flags from the isles of freedom. I also tried to pick the XP talents as earlier as possible.
Another thing that I did, was playing with items that lose morale (king's hammer for example with no dwarves in the army, and note that reserves do count in this; jackboots, tactics treatise, steam armor, dragon slayer swords), so I got some extra XP from several suppressions.

sector24
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I think the elven and undead lands are very doable without Anga's Ruby, it just makes a moderately difficult area very easy.

MajorS
11-10-2008, 02:23 AM
I think 13 is very possible, for an example i already got most of the treasure in Demonis on Day 6. I dont think i will make it in 13 tho, too much wandering around aimlessly ;). And i have Freedom Isles still to go, but with 8k Leadership and 5 Giants that shouldnt be a problem to breethe through.

Zhuangzi
11-16-2008, 01:37 AM
I've just finished my Impossible Warrior game, which was my fourth overall. :o

Game 1:

Hard Paladin
Level 29
49 days
97 quests completed, 2 failed, 1 unfinished
23,000 leadership
20 Attack, 22 Defense, 16 intellect
Score 890

Game 2:

Hard Mage
Level 29
33 days
101 quests completed, no failures
19,000 leadership
14 Attack, 21 Defense, 31 Intellect
Score 1083

Game 3:

Impossible Mage
Level 28
36 days
101 quests completed, 1 failed, 1 unfinished
21,000 leadership
12 Attack, 18 Defense, 33 Intellect
Score 1274

Game 4:

Impossible Warrior
Level 29
30 days
102 quests completed, 1 failed
25,000 leadership
30 Attack, 12 Defense, 31 Intellect
Score 1375

Somebody convince me that I don't need to start on Impossible Paladin now. :o

MajorS
11-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Trust me i am already thinking about that too. And im not even through with my Warrior on Impossible (doing Maze right now) But honestly if i play it another time i should seriously consider addiction counseling ;)

MajorS
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Finished my Warrior on Day 11 at 11:00pm :D

I think i could have done all quests, not sure which ones i missed. I also believe i 'wasted' atleast one day in the beginning. Not sure if 9 Days is possible tho.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/warrior_impossible_1.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/warrior_impossible_2.jpg

P.S.: Now im really putting KB away for some time ;)

1nikita1
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM
MajorS said
Here is my Strategy:

Very important: Do not travel and if you have to try to travel shortly before 7am to cut down on traveling times.

What I have found, however, is this adds an entire day to travel. Leave at 6:00 AM on day 3 for instance and arrive at 7:03 on day 4.
If you travel at "night" leaving at 2:00 AM of day 3 (Night ends at 2:30AM, wierd, huh?) you will arrive, again, at 7:03, but still on day three, losing only five hours. My version is 1.65 if it makes a difference.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Huzzah praise the gods i've done it :-) And possibly with the worst score, I can't see this one being beaten haha

Score = 414 at 95 days!!! eeeekkk on hard with Paladin

MajorS
11-20-2008, 10:46 PM
MajorS said
Here is my Strategy:

What I have found, however, is this adds an entire day to travel. Leave at 6:00 AM on day 3 for instance and arrive at 7:03 on day 4.
If you travel at "night" leaving at 2:00 AM of day 3 (Night ends at 2:30AM, wierd, huh?) you will arrive, again, at 7:03, but still on day three, losing only five hours. My version is 1.65 if it makes a difference.

Even if i left at 6:59 i would arrive 7:00am the same day. Got the patch and no mods ...

1nikita1
11-21-2008, 12:40 AM
I tried that, leaving at 6:30, and the day thing definitely showed it had gone from day three to day four.

1nikita1
11-21-2008, 07:02 PM
OK I tried leaving at 6:30 with the boat and it did stay the same day! Previous time was with air balloon going to Lyaro. :confused:

laffwis
11-29-2008, 02:28 AM
wanted to post my highscore, but didnt find that thread.
so finally found it again and here's my highscore.

i started 3 times, but finished only 2 times.
1st time with mage on normal with about 138 days, so super-low score
2nd time with mage on impossible but didnt knew about the "cheat" that it will instantly jump to 7 a.m. when you travel shortly before.

i'm in my fourth game as warrior on impossible. will post highscore for that when i'm done :)

btw where do you see what hour it is? i see only the day, but not the hours???

MajorS
11-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Do you have the patch installed? I remember it not showing on my first playthrough.

laffwis
11-30-2008, 07:40 AM
oh yeah, thanks. patched it now.

but it still jumps to the next day when i travel shortly before 2 a.m.

i have a savegame when i was on the isles of freedom. there i can travel at 2 a.m. and then the time jumps back to the same day. but that's the only case so far i've seen it worked.

laffwis
12-10-2008, 06:44 AM
ok, finally finished my warrior-game on impossible.

what i noticed. the time stopped 2x when i was traveling.

one time even at about 9 pm, the other time i dont remember.
im still wondering about the mechanism.

Gatts
12-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Very interesting army combination...
Demon wife
Orc tanks
Elven backup...
and seventeen drun/ill [look quite green] dragons

:)

What is the Xeonas first weapon? I do not recognize it...

I could be wrong, but I do not remember seing higher score ->
that would you make the victor in max critical and max score competition...

Congratulations!

In you mage screenshots - I see you haven't upgraded the batons to full strenght... I wonder why.

lauvhk
12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
That weapon is the one +20% Critical attack.

laffwis
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
@gatts

my army lineup was actually

lake fairies, spriteds, dryads, elves and hunters,
but for the last fight i had to modify and threw out dryads, elves and hunters. though i think elves and hunters could have been useful.

to max critical: someone posted a screenshot with over 70 k damage in this thread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5242&page=10

to highscore: someone posted his highscore with the same amount once

the baton: i had only one regalia-slot. didnt want to use elven wife because needed the whip and the venom dagger to max. out the damage for lake fairies and sprites.

with the weapon +20 % to critical attack and full rage
my lake fairies and sprites had about 75 % on critical attacks. quite useful, but would have maybe been better to use 2 dragon slayer's swords for the last fight.

Calinda
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Score 1718, 7 days, 102 quests completed. Class Warrior :)

All saved games may be provided on request, there is just too many of them.

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Score 1718, 7 days, 102 quests completed. Class Warrior :)

All saved games may be provided on request, there is just too many of them.

Holy shit...that's amazing.

laffwis
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
very, very impressive!

could you please post the second page, too? thanks :)

Calinda
12-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I replayed last battle once more, but here you go (I'll add it in the first post too):

Gatts
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I replayed last battle once more, but here you go (I'll add it in the first post too):

apart of huge score, I never seen so leveled up spirits before... 30,27,30,30... impressive! (where 511 is quite average number of fights)... at least we may see that is is much more effective to beat overhelming/impossible enemies instead match and weaker

Calinda
12-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Yup, you have to do everything in one go, time won't be enough if you plan to walk around the areas twice. This means that you have to strike most of the impossible enemies where you meet them first. Beating such enemy gives more satisfaction too :) I had 2 enemy heroes in the land of the dead, one with 60+ giants, and one with 600-700 necromancers, both of them impossible, and quite hard to beat. Another hard thing that I did was upgrading marshal's baton at lvl 16 iirc.
For spirits, to level them that much, you need several things - first, the corresponding skills, and being warrior helps too; second - you should use each of them every battle; Lina is quite hard to level - so most of the battles you have to open either with chargers or ice thorns.

skysinger
12-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Did you finish the quest about Angi ring?sorry,I can't remember the quest's name,I guess you haven't,cause it cost another day to freedom island.

Calinda
12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Nope, that quest (Holy Indulgence) would require at least 1 more day to complete. I never went to the Islands of Freedom second time. And that's the only quest which I had unfinished. I put a few saved games in the Impossible Warrior Challenge thread in the Tips and Hints forum. You may check there if you wish.

tjoepee
12-18-2008, 11:41 AM
impressive, i was trying the same with mage and at day 5 I am in elven land, but I am quite busy with other stuffs nows so won' t be finishing it soonbut there is something I noticed about ur stats.

Ur rage is really low, consider warrior sometimes gets rage upgrade or leadership I don' t expect u choose the leadership upgrade at low level right?

Also only 18 casualties is really impressive consider u don' t use unit like bone dragon to damage ur thorns to get unlimited mana to resurrect/sacrifice back. Maybe u can enlighten us with the exploit u found out?

btw my style with mage to finish in 7 days is entirely different i mainly use 4 ranged and peasants to beat impossible fight by using pain mirror.

Calinda
12-18-2008, 07:34 PM
I did get all leadership upgrades even at low levels; this is important for fast game with warrior.
I used inquisitors for resurrection, but most of the time I didn't need a lot of it. Magic spring early in the game and rage skills later gave me enough mana. Also don't underestimate the rage that inquisitors generate themselves.

Ryder
12-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Well now I feel inadequate posting my scores....

Warrior - Normal - 749
Wizard - Hard - 746
Paladin - Impossible 1131

Gatts
12-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Well now I feel inadequate posting my scores....

Warrior - Normal - 749
Wizard - Hard - 746
Paladin - Impossible 1131

I guess your list is sorted also chronologically correct (my assume is based on the fact that it is usual to play last the higher difficulty )

If so - I need to say that the choice of main hero is quite interesting... (basically the part with Paladin on Impossible)

If my guess is right - then I would ask:
For which character did you like the gameplay most? (Did it make a difference in first place?)

(As I believe you could compare it very objectively, as each time your experience/knowledge about the game risen, you also increased the difficulty - so the balance should remain)

(My experience was best with paladin, but it was my first time...so I would love to hear the opinion of someone who did not play him as first)

tjoepee
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I did get all leadership upgrades even at low levels; this is important for fast game with warrior.
I used inquisitors for resurrection, but most of the time I didn't need a lot of it. Magic spring early in the game and rage skills later gave me enough mana. Also don't underestimate the rage that inquisitors generate themselves.

ah u used the inquisitors to get enough rage to do unlimited mana, what if u can' t find them very fast lol, sometimes there is no inquisitors, :D
Anyway do u know if there is a relationship between the army u fight and ur level? I couldn' t do the cursed treasure quest because it was simply really impossible. I first tried it to do as one of the first quest when I arrive at freedom islands then I reloaded it and try it as last at it seems to be he got stronger when I was up 2 levels, odd.

Calinda
12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Normally, fights/enemies should have constant strength. Some things though, for sure are scripted - for example Double and Future fights. This may be the case with the cursed treasure, but I won't bet on this :) And in my game I did manage to do it as a first quest on the Freedom islands. I had pretty strong children from the Zombie wife tho. (+5 def, +3 att, +20% def, +20% att) and was like lvl 11 at that time ...

Ish
01-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Ok here's my score from my first (and i dare say only - given how long this game is) play through.

As I heard it was a pretty long game I skipped the easier difficulties.

Paladin
Impossible

Took 20 days, although I probably could of done it in 18 but went back to darion to get some more knights before the battle with hass which took up 2 days.

Hardest parts in the game were probably: first time in the freedom isles, as I was a bit under leveled (didn't realize the marshan swamp existed)

Demonis: cleared half of it incl Xeona when I stumbled on it first time in the dwarven tunnels, although it was pretty easy when i came back later

I completed 101 quests although apparently failed 2.. I think one was that blood diamond.. which I still had at the end and not sure of the other.

Things I would do differently if i played again:
not kill everything off as soon as I reached it,
the pain skull which i got from karador would of been much easier to level with weak enemies.
save some rage potions for tough fights.
I would keep Xeona instead of the frog wife which I ended up with, I just wanted to try them all, and the frog one was the last I tried.

I dont think I had the phantom spell in my game, and had no inquisitors except those I upgraded.

Gatts
01-08-2009, 08:20 AM
50K casualties looks quite normal using units like fearies (many low HP units), it may be above average even on impossible, but well, 20 days, 101 quests done, nearly 500 battles fought... I can imagine you have fought not few tough battles, right?

Renic
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Here is my high score for 1st time play of a mage on impossible.
Finished on 29 days with all quest done.
I think this "completed days" should affect high score lesser :)

Gatts
01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
WOW! I never seen Ice Ball on third place of most effective troops, with outstanding 12% ... even if your overall damage by troops was only 13% it is quite surprising :)

You used Armageddon a lot or wha?

you killed 630K units, that means your Ice ball killed 9828 enemy units... if we take in consideration average HP / Leadership per unit - 350, your Ice Ball delivered cca 3439800 DMG (if you hold your mouse over the enemy causalities, it should show the HP/Leadership of your dead enemies... what would give us more precise calculations)

lauvhk
01-09-2009, 02:16 AM
What about Ice Orb on the 2nd of the list? :lol:

The hero screen is taken after the final battle and I definitely have more than 220 sprites.

Shield
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
This was a heck of a lot of fun. My first game like this was HOMM1 back in 1995. Played the heck out of Homm2, but Homm3 was the one I played the most (plus the WOG expansion).

Of course spending over a decade on the HOMM series I was skeptical at first, but now after finishing the game I like it just as well if not more than HOMM. I know, sacrilege, right?
I didn't miss the micromanagement of the resources, and certainly didn't miss the "end turn" every day from Heroes.

This game was like a breath of fresh air to me; as addictive as any game I've ever played.

I slowly went through just about every nook and cranny on the map, so my final score isn't that great, but I never "restarted"; just poking around.

So I know of one quest I failed because I didn't stop the guy from turning into a werewolf in time, but otherwise it shows I completed 95 quests. Are there 100 total? I wonder which ones I missed.

Fabulous game, worth every penny - you developers did an outstanding job, and my credit card is ready for the expansion!

Shawn

Gatts
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Your Score is pretty good for first play... mine was surely lower.
Mine was 560 or so...
there are 102 quests in total

foolstone
01-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I missed 2 quests
one is that I haven't reported to that girl after I kill that big fish. But I don't know which is the another.

Ryder
02-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I guess your list is sorted also chronologically correct (my assume is based on the fact that it is usual to play last the higher difficulty )

If so - I need to say that the choice of main hero is quite interesting... (basically the part with Paladin on Impossible)

If my guess is right - then I would ask:
For which character did you like the gameplay most? (Did it make a difference in first place?)

(As I believe you could compare it very objectively, as each time your experience/knowledge about the game risen, you also increased the difficulty - so the balance should remain)

(My experience was best with paladin, but it was my first time...so I would love to hear the opinion of someone who did not play him as first)

Sorry Gatts, only just seen this.

My plan was to play Warrior, Paladin then Wizard but my wife started playing a Paladin game before I finished my Warrior one so I wanted to play something different so went Wizard second.

No real favorite but if I had to choose I'd probably go Warrior. I defintely found the impossible Warrior easier than the impossible Paladin as the score will show. The first 2 1/2 games I played I never used Time Back thinking it was pointless so that made things a little tougher.

Anyway, all I have to do is win an impossible Wizard and I've got the set.

My score on the impossible Warrior game was 1483.

Amix
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Just finnished Warrior on impossible: 18 days, score:1498.
I should say, that I havn't had such interesting and "uneasy game for a long time. Right now I thing,that this game can be finnished in ~ 15 days, but I will not try to prove it. :)
Tnx to developers of this game ;).

Regards, Amix.

dukenukem
02-17-2009, 04:25 AM
hey amix how did you pass necro castle!!! what was your tactic please ...

Amix
02-17-2009, 10:55 PM
hey amix how did you pass necro castle!!! what was your tactic please ...
Nothing extraordinary:
First is knight (horseman) with circle attack and timeback later.
Green dragons for Mana (Just wait first time and you can get mana and fly on next turn without losses, Phantom for Knights and Hoursemans (Some special artifact good for Knigts and hourseman assures, that they have pretty good defense). Knights circle attack with teleport is fun. Send phantom to die, and when everbody is gathering arround it, just teleport Knights in place of phantom (who just died..). Circle attac and teleport back on next move. Not very efficcient, but feels cool to do 10K~20K of 'noble' damage. Also, I start to believe, that this game realy could be finnished under 11 days, by carefully choosing travel times.
regards,
Amix

Crepuscule
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
My first time completed game, but I have many restart game.

Zhuangzi
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
7 days and 1700+ points must be close to the theoretical maximum score. So congrats. I wonder what the highest score recorded in this thread is? Did anyone score higher than Crepuscule?

lauvhk
03-19-2009, 02:33 AM
7 days and 1700+ points must be close to the theoretical maximum score. So congrats. I wonder what the highest score recorded in this thread is? Did anyone score higher than Crepuscule?

Calinda's score is 1718, the current highest visible score.

Elwin
03-28-2009, 11:20 AM
My first completed game :) I went on easy with Haas with clicking "I win" button ( armageddon) tough :P
I was cursing on getting mind runes all the time :P

Elwin
04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I had much free time lol, not even week passed and second game completed ( geez I need stop that :D )

Zhuangzi
04-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, that was a better score. :) But you beat the game in less than a week? It's like 50-60 hours of gameplay...

I played it through 4 times over the course of about 2 months. 2 weeks per game, maybe 3 hours per day. I don't think I'd played a game that intensely for that long since Master of Orion 1, which I played in 1995 or '96.

Elwin
04-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes, started at sunday afternoon and finished today on friday, 37 hours total ^^ Its about 7 hours per day, i had much free time

EDIT: now finished the quest with Haas reincarnations and got score of 1165 :p 1 quest but 6 points more xD

Elwin
04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
My try on impossible warrior ( probably) the last one.Far away from the best ones but i am satisfied.

DGDobrev
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Well, I beat the game today. The score isn't bad for a paladin on impossible I guess. I also saw that I've missed a few quests. I will try to analyze which they were and I'll try to do it in the next run through impossible, provided I get the time for one :)

I really enjoyed the game with a paladin. He's very challenging for several reasons:
1. Lower leadership than the warrior.
2. Doesn't get (or I was unlucky) the all-powerful dragon slayer, big attack, big defense or big intellect artifacts that generally spawn in a warrior or mage game.
3. Meager spellcasting skills.
4. Bad rage generation and quick rage depletion out of combat.
5. You can make your own inquisitors, but as the game progresses and you're doing the main quests, the buildings in darion will offer you more. Besides, you can always sacrifice for them.

In a way, Rina is a wonderful choice for a wife. I kept her up until lvl 27, when I gave up on Karador and went to get xeona. The first child that rina gave birth to was Dmitry - and I stated off with +10% XP per combat right away. The other were +20% attack, +20% defense and +5 defense. Hope this info helps, although the children you will get in the game are random. But still, Rina can give birth to some rather cool kids that you can... ummm... use for quite a while :)

Making my way to dragon haas was fun indeed. Since I was aware what kind of party I want to tackle him with, I just made it and went for it:
Inquisitors (for rage and ressing the party mainly)
Demons (always retaliates)
Knights (circle attack, physical and fire resistance)
Red dragons (80% fire resistance, the ancient ents are very vulnerable to fire)
Horsemen (20% physical, 20% fire resistance)
Dryads (reserve, useful against various haas incarnations and against Begum, because he has 4-5 lvl 3 units)
Archdemons (reserve, I found like 60 archdemons when I killed Baal, so I stacked up on them and used them as expendable units in the battles with target)

For the various labyrinth battles I used many units from ellinia. Lake fairies, Sprites, Cannoneers, etc. They were expendable anyway, and they critted like crazy. 20% dagger and 10% belt with chance to crit... It hurts :)

The battle vs. haas went as smoothly as I had planned. Red dragons vs. ents, demons and knights vs. red/black/green dragons, archdemons vs. cyclops or dragons, horsemen vs. whatever there was left. Actually it was the ents that were the biggest pain, but in the end, I won easily, regardless of the losses.

BTW, Even though I found out about the suppression of the treatise thingy... I didn't use it... not a lot that is :P Or so it would appear from the total number of battles. Since it's evening I can do a bit of suppressing before it's 12 and the next day rolls... But I doubt that would impact the score by a great deal - or at all for that matter, since battles count isn't a factor the in the score formula.

Elwin
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Items are spawned randomly class has nothing to do with it. And about dragon slayer - it is always reward for lvl 30 tournament battle ...
Inquisitors are also random you can get plenty but u can have none ...

DGDobrev
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh, I didn't know that about the dragon slayer. And now you remind me of one thing I missed. I didn't do the last tournament battle!

EDIT: Well... in any case, that doesn't impact the score. I did the battle, got the sword, but it's all the same :)

EDIT 2: As for the inquisitors, there are 5 places in darion where they can spawn - the mage tower in greenwort, the mage tower in velarion's forest, furious paladin house, temple of deceased souls and enemen's castle in the marshan swamp (after you beat up the boy). If there are no inquisiotrs there, I guess one consider himself very unlucky with the game setup :)

Elwin
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
But it happens, had it lik that on my first game ... and same is with cyclops there are plenty spots in kordar they can spawn but sometimes you will not find any ..

DGDobrev
05-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Well... you can always replay the test and see what kind of initial setup you will get :) The better the start, the easier the going :)

Elwin
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
When you start playing game first time u mostly dont know about that ~~

boty
07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Finally I did it. I got a decent score. The last battles tired me. I think I’ll take a break.

Vilk
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice, you seem like dragons a lot! Myself I enjoy red dragons, their special attack is a good tactical plus and is quite interesting to apply tactically.

I notice you made it level 29 and not 30 I wonder if this influence the final score.

EDIT: Why the 3rd snapshot? Can you explain?

EDIT2: For Hero level that was right under my nose in score panel... Each level count in high score like each quest does.

DGDobrev
07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Great work Boty. It is always nice to see a fellow Paladin rough it out on impossible :)

As for the third snapshot, I guess it shows how the enemy army could have been beaten with only 12 green dragons and 1 knight :)

boty
07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
As it concerns the last screenshot it was one of the hardest battles I've had. I lost one green dragon and I played over 170 rounds. That guy knows book of the evil spell. If the book attacks and the dragons reply the invisibility is lost.

Say10
07-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Class: Mage
Level: 30
Quests: 103
Days: 16
Difficulty: Impossible

Score: 1595

Vilk
08-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Score: 1727. He he new top score posted here. :grin:

Class: Mage
7 days and 103 quests.

Next best score will have to be on a 6 days base, probably possible but quite difficult.

McSwan
08-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Grats vilk!

Vilk
08-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks, that's been a lot of sweet! I'm thrilled you'll soon destroy this record with a new one in 6 or even 5 game days. ;)

Ha well good luck anyway in your attempts. :)

DGDobrev
08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
grats on the score! A question though - how did you manage to get the Anga's ruby quest which requires a full day of traveling and still do it on day 7? This means that without that quest, you should be done in day 6 and get an even better score, because a day less is roughly equal to 2 quests if I recall correctly :)

Vilk
08-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks, and to correct my previous post it's been more a lot of sweat than a lot of sweet! :grin:

I made the Anga Ruby quest by using fast travel. When you lost a standard battle you take secret passages that lead you to Darion King castle instantly.

The problem is you don't carry your army with you and have to rebuild a full army. Quote that you could let all troop in castle and then use this special travel at next enemy met without to lost a single troop.

In this game I used this at end of Elven Islands. I did last battle (Karador) in time, let troop in both elven castles and fast travel to Darion. I had let close to Elven Queen Castle an enemy troop alive not far. After I took the boat to Freedom Islands, rush to ghost ship, end the quest and took the reward and asap did again fast travel to come back to Darion then I rebuild my army and continue.

I did this only at end of Elven Islands because I hadn't prepare full army rebuild at end of Freedom Islands. But that could be done at end of Freedom Islands too.

That's quite more complicate to do it in 6 days. But I think it's possible so I'm on it with a game restart from the beginning to prepare this well.

DGDobrev
08-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Well, Vilk, that was indeed innovative :)

It would appear that losing a battle has its advantages and can be exploited for a better score. There are several good points where you can strategically lose a battle and save yourself the time to get back to darion for various reasons (troop restock, etc) - like freedom islands and elven islands, especially if you have time to spare and the day hadn't rolled yet. Great find Vilk, hands down.

Still, you should try ending the game without anga's I think that should shave off a day and improve the score - since you still need to travel, unless you do it in the beginning of day 7 after you beat up haas and just before talking to king mark - in that case using this trick will just net you a bonus quest and improve the scoreline.

Vilk
08-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Still, you should try ending the game without anga's I think that should shave off a day and improve the score - since you still need to travel, unless you do it in the beginning of day 7 after you beat up haas and just before talking to king mark - in that case using this trick will just net you a bonus quest and improve the scoreline.

It cost much less time to use fast travel to achieve Anga Ring quest than to win a full day. Achieving Anga Ring quest don't win a day but only don't loose a day to do it, only few hours, about 2/3h.

Zhuangzi
09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, after about nine months off from playing KB, I finally finished my fifth overall game, Impossible Paladin. I've now beaten all three classes on Impossible, and I believe Paladin was the hardest.

Score: 1485
Day of Completion: 23
Completed Quests: 103 (no failed or unfinished :cool:
Stats: Attack 19 Defense 7 Intellect 32
Money left: 240,000

This was my best score, as 23 days was my best time. I'm still nowhere near the 7 days people like Calinda and Vilk have achieved, but then speed isn't really my priority. I like to run through each new area to pick up runes/flags etc before fighting enemies, and I'm not a powergamer that manages to achieve full mana at the end of every fight. I think 23 days is pretty good for Impossible though. I could probably have done it in 20 but I am also a completist (i.e. every stack must die :-P) Actually, I think I left about 5 stacks alive in total.

This was also the first time I completed 103 tasks. Apparently there are 104 in total, but two are mutually exclusive, so 103 is the highest you can get.

I can't believe I ended up with such miserable stats! 7 defense! This is the random element of the game influencing difficulty. On the other hand, I was basically a mage in that I had all three mage schools maxed and I was dealing 5000-5500 damage per hex with Fire Rain by the end.

Money was also a big issue, probably because of the poor Defense I had. Paladin is quite difficult because you don't have the high leadership of the Warrior or the powerful spell power of the Mage. Paladin seems okay early on but it's a real handicap by the end-game, IMO.

Well, off to bed for me. :eek:

Ryder
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Just finished my 9th and final game. Here are my scores in order

Normal Warrior - 749
Hard Wizard - 746
Impossible Paladin - 1131
Impossible Warrior - 1483
Impossible Wizard - 1497
Impossible Paladin (no losses) - 1505
Impossible Warrior (Human only) - 1462
Impossible Wizard (Undead only) - 1440
Impossible Paladin (Neutral only) - 1587

Time for a break before the expansion is released. It's been a blast.

Zhuangzi
09-26-2009, 12:58 AM
That's good work, Ryder. I notice your fifth game and my fifth game have very similar scores. I tried to start a no losses Impossible Mage game, but it's very hard without Resurrect or Gift. I guess Paladin is the easiest way to try for no losses. Doesn't seem to help the score though. :rolleyes:

That was a good idea to role-play various factions to enable you to play again. I would have thought Humans would have been a solid faction, but the Undead not so much, especially early. Neutral? Well, there's a lot of neutrals in the game.

See you on the AP forum soon. :)

Ryder
09-26-2009, 05:21 AM
That was a good idea to role-play various factions to enable you to play again. I would have thought Humans would have been a solid faction, but the Undead not so much, especially early. Neutral? Well, there's a lot of neutrals in the game.

See you on the AP forum soon. :)
You'd be surprised at how easy the undead were. 90% of the time my battles were just vampire bats against the enemy. No retaliate and regeneration, say no more.

As for neutral, that includes dragons remember, but I did only use them for about 3 fights in the labyrinth. Griffins (74.5%) were my main unit and then Royal Snakes (9.8%). My third best unit was the Ice Ball (3.9%). Griffs and Time Back are a great combo.

Cant wait for AP. See you in there. :cool:

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, after about nine months off from playing KB, I finally finished my fifth overall game, Impossible Paladin. I've now beaten all three classes on Impossible, and I believe Paladin was the hardest.

Score: 1485
Day of Completion: 23
Completed Quests: 103 (no failed or unfinished :cool:
Stats: Attack 19 Defense 7 Intellect 32
Money left: 240,000

This was my best score, as 23 days was my best time. I'm still nowhere near the 7 days people like Calinda and Vilk have achieved, but then speed isn't really my priority. I like to run through each new area to pick up runes/flags etc before fighting enemies, and I'm not a powergamer that manages to achieve full mana at the end of every fight. I think 23 days is pretty good for Impossible though. I could probably have done it in 20 but I am also a completist (i.e. every stack must die :-P) Actually, I think I left about 5 stacks alive in total.

This was also the first time I completed 103 tasks. Apparently there are 104 in total, but two are mutually exclusive, so 103 is the highest you can get.

I can't believe I ended up with such miserable stats! 7 defense! This is the random element of the game influencing difficulty. On the other hand, I was basically a mage in that I had all three mage schools maxed and I was dealing 5000-5500 damage per hex with Fire Rain by the end.

Money was also a big issue, probably because of the poor Defense I had. Paladin is quite difficult because you don't have the high leadership of the Warrior or the powerful spell power of the Mage. Paladin seems okay early on but it's a real handicap by the end-game, IMO.

Well, off to bed for me. :eek:

Are you kidding? That's a great score and only 23 days!

It's gonna take me twice that amount of days cause it's just a bit of fun isn't it. I go back and forth I aint bothered about days..they help the score I assume?

Elwin
10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
you can see formula at records xD

Crepuscule
10-12-2009, 12:35 AM
I think it max score we can complete 1742 pts

Elwin
10-12-2009, 09:28 AM
o.o nice

Zhuangzi
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Are you kidding? That's a great score and only 23 days!

It's gonna take me twice that amount of days cause it's just a bit of fun isn't it. I go back and forth I aint bothered about days..they help the score I assume?

Yeah cheers, it's a good score but Vilk and Calinda have done a fair bit better, as have a few others. I don't really like the need to hurry in order to get a high score. As I said before, I always like to scour new areas for runes/scrolls/flags before engaging the enemies, and I also like to open up new areas of the main quest (eg Ellinia) to give myself more options in terms of units, spells and equipment. All of this prevents me from getting anywhere near the 7 days people have managed. I'd say I could get it under 20 playing the way I do, just being more careful with the timings, but 7 days isn't going to happen.

The thing I like about Armored Princess is that travel times have been improved. Now it takes a fixed number of hours to travel from one island to another. No more 7am stuff... :cool:

Ryder
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
The thing I like about Armored Princess is that travel times have been improved. Now it takes a fixed number of hours to travel from one island to another. No more 7am stuff... :cool:
Amen brother.

loreangelicus
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
SCORE: 1727

Paladin on impossible, 7 days, 103 quests, and no casualties. :)

Killed everything (except for 1 enemy at Islands of Freedom that was used twice for the no-army-suicide-travel trick), grabbed a Tactics Treatise very early at level 4 (and kept on using it except for the last two fights), prioritized getting Learning 3 and Keeper of Light 3, but still nowhere near reaching level 31. So it's safe to say level 31 is unreachable except via mods/cheating.

Of note is that I used Phantom A LOT, and used it primarily for the "free" Emerald Green Dragons. Looking at the combat statistics, it seems that the phantom EGDs where not counted as spells, but as EGD damage.

It's also funny that the Thorn Warriors that my Dryads summoned actually surpassed the Dryads in damage. :)

It has been a blast playing this game. :)

Razorflame
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
beat calinda's score :D

Zhuangzi
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
SCORE: 1727

Paladin on impossible, 7 days, 103 quests, and no casualties. :)

Killed everything (except for 1 enemy at Islands of Freedom that was used twice for the no-army-suicide-travel trick), grabbed a Tactics Treatise very early at level 4 (and kept on using it except for the last two fights), prioritized getting Learning 3 and Keeper of Light 3, but still nowhere near reaching level 31. So it's safe to say level 31 is unreachable except via mods/cheating.

Of note is that I used Phantom A LOT, and used it primarily for the "free" Emerald Green Dragons. Looking at the combat statistics, it seems that the phantom EGDs where not counted as spells, but as EGD damage.

It's also funny that the Thorn Warriors that my Dryads summoned actually surpassed the Dryads in damage. :)

It has been a blast playing this game. :)

You must be ready for Armored Princess now! Well done on mastering the game. You've done a lot better than most of us here, including myself. :-P

loreangelicus
10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
You must be ready for Armored Princess now! Well done on mastering the game. You've done a lot better than most of us here, including myself. :-P

I'm pretty hyped for AP, but I heard there are no more "07:00" time tricks there, so it would be a real challenge time-wise. But I get the feeling a lot of people in this forum appreciate this change and would be more than up for the challenge. :)

If you look at this post, one page back, someone actually got a score of 1,742 by doing it in 6 days. :) Fun stuff, I'm glad a lot of people push the limits of this game and find it both challenging and fun as this is the only way we could discover new and innovative tactics.

DGDobrev
10-21-2009, 11:05 PM
As one of the people who played through the russian version of AP, I must say it provides much more of a challenge. The impossible difficulty of KBAP is much harder than KBTL's. This way people will have much more fun doing playthroughs on impossible - although Calinda once again found a cheesy way to beat the game without any losses on impossible in record time, but that's another matter...

In addition to that, there will be one funny side mission - that is the Pathfinder mission. We must find the best travel option to minimize the extra travel time, since there is no more 7AM trick due to the fixed travel times. That alone will prove to be a serious challenge, which everyone who strives for a higher score should find to his/her liking, I'm sure of it!

Just a few more days guys, and everyone will bask into the new world of KBAP. You will most certainly enjoy it.

Zhuangzi
10-22-2009, 12:26 AM
Glad to hear you think AP is more difficult on Impossible, DGD. :cool: I hope that it will be a challenge for me. I much prefer the travel times in AP (fixed number of hours between one particular island and another) and I doubt we'll be seeing the game completed in 6 days. But I would have said that before about TL as well. :o

DGDobrev
10-28-2009, 07:13 PM
It will be more difficult, I promise you :)

There is much more to play for in it, at least in my opinion. The medals alone are worth investing some time into, although some of them are based on some stuff that you may or may not use in your playstyle.

A side note, based on what's happening here in KBTL - now in KBAP you get a score penalty if you lose a battle. It is only 1%, but it is something, especially if you use that more than a few times. This means no more fast travel tricks in KBAP. I just saw it in the scoreline after I finished the new playthrough...

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-29-2009, 12:45 AM
I have never had any interest in finishing this game in 7 days (gametime), nor have I wanted to take 50+ turns to finish each fight.
It might be 7 days gametime but that would mean hours and hours of gameplay surely.
Then there's all this no-army-suicide trick BS..what sort of sick mind would even bother thinking/doing that lol That's not what the game devs had in mind when they created the game lol
I love this game, and the people that created will forever have a place in my cyber heart.
I get the impression that there's people "pleasuring themselves" at how they got such ridiculous scores, by ridiculous means and methods.
I'm a a big fan of racing games and other genres of games, especially rpg's though.
So when I read about stuff like "I completed the game in 7 days, on impossible with no losses" it makes me feel kind of sad for the gamedevs really as your lovely creation has been abused by some fans so horribly lol

We can only imagine what sort of a "life" those people have...

Elwin
10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
If they didnt had in mind doesnt mean its bad. Its actualy great feature since it makes game challenging and more intresting. And makes that game lasts for more. I am not fan of such play,personalliy i have no patience for such long battles but its great that someone can have additional fun thanks to that.

PS Watch your language. Its a bit too offensive

loreangelicus
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I have never had any interest in finishing this game in 7 days (gametime), nor have I wanted to take 50+ turns to finish each fight.
It might be 7 days gametime but that would mean hours and hours of gameplay surely.
Then there's all this no-army-suicide trick BS..what sort of sick mind would even bother thinking/doing that lol That's not what the game devs had in mind when they created the game lol
I love this game, and the people that created will forever have a place in my cyber heart.
I get the impression that there's people "pleasuring themselves" at how they got such ridiculous scores, by ridiculous means and methods.
I'm a a big fan of racing games and other genres of games, especially rpg's though.
So when I read about stuff like "I completed the game in 7 days, on impossible with no losses" it makes me feel kind of sad for the gamedevs really as your lovely creation has been abused by some fans so horribly lol

Wow... you're really pushing it Kings Bounty Hunter, aren't you? :)

I believe this is the third time I've answered a similar post from you, and I've always pointed this out: to each his own.

Please don't take offense against players who want to get a high score, and if you are not such a player, PLEASE don't post such offensive messages on the board, especially on a post titled "post your high scores here!".

You are obviously a casual gamer, at least for KBTL. But maybe you are a competitive in something else, like Gran Turismo, or in your studies, or work, or maybe you shoot some mean hoops. Try to see it from that point of view: to each his own.

The game developers placed a scoring system to cater to competitive gamers of KBTL. Check the number of views for this post, it is already at the 14,500+ mark; a lot of KBTL gamers are interested in high scores.

I understand where you are coming from. I myself have a bias against the usage of mods and cheat codes, but I understand that this is just my opinion. I don't go into the mods section of this forum and express my opinion there. What I do is go to the sections and posts that do interest me and post CONTRIBUTIONS there.

If it makes you feel better, the developers did establish a fixed travel time in Armored Princess, and I think they limited the Inquisitors Holy Anger ability to just 3 uses instead of endless reloads (not sure of this though).

Regardless of this though, someone allegedly still beat the game in record time and at no casualties and a high score... unless they remove the final record itself, a scoring system would always encourage competitive play.

You don't sound young, so I'm sure you will understand this and take it in a positive light. But if you really can't help yourself from expressing your opinions strongly, maybe you should consider staying away from posts that have the words "high score", "5-7 days", and "no casualties" altogether.

The key to the forum is to CONTRIBUTE to the FUN. Keep you biases in check and just tell us what in this great game gives "pleasure" to your "cyber heart", and maybe, just maybe, our "sick minds" will twist it into a mockery of what the "game devs had in mind" and find a way to incorporate it in our "lives" to have even more "FUN". :)

DGDobrev
10-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I can confirm that Holy anger has only 3 charges now. However, I can also confirm that there are other things that can be utilized for mass resurrecting. They have already been discussed and people are aware of that in advance, before the game has even been launched.

Maybe our friend Kings Bounty Hunter felt bad in some fashion due to some posts here. I understand him. I personally, don't do that for the competition, but I really support and encourage the people who are going for the impossible goals. I, personally, do it for fun. I set myself a task in KBTL and KBAP and see how it goes. Both games have great replayability, even if the storyline is the same. I simply like to "squeeze" a game till I understand how it works, how various options and builds work, how various army setups perform, and so on,and so forth, until there's nothing new that it can offer me.

However, what I didn't like is the old - and with all due respect, stupid - argument "what kind of life such people have". There is no way for Kings Bounty Hunter to know what kind of people play the game and post here. Some are already engaged, married, have children, etc. I doubt they deprived themselves of the "life" as he knows it :)

loreangelicus
10-30-2009, 12:00 AM

Kings Bounty Hunter, I believe we have erred in assuming you are an adult, and we have wasted our time talking to you about big adult ideas like "to each his own" and "playing for fun".

I say this now since I wanted to understand you more and where you are coming from, so I did a little research and here's what I found:

Here's a thread from you titled "Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?" posted close to a year ago on 11-16-2008 which shows how clueless you are to the tactics needed to achieve a high score on impossible without casualties:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5365

And here's a thread from you titled "Giants ruin no losses impossible campaign" posted quite recently on 10-09-2009 showcasing your failed attempt on a no-casualty campaign on impossible:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10448

And to think I thought highly of you and accorded you with respect, being a "senior member" and all.

Little boy, all the "lol" in your post cannot hide the true pain that you are experiencing. It's been a year already, let KBTL go... :)

*** update ***

It seems I have erred again, as I found more details about you in your most recent post titled "Are there any plans to develop the 'Farmir' characters storyline?" this past 10-28-2009:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10781

So you are a musician, which means the likelihood that you are just a little boy is quite remote.

First of all, regarding your post, I believe Farmir is the son of the ghost Gostrim and not Attah the dragon, so his lineage might not be half-dragon as you've noted in your post.

Going back to the issue at hand, I believe that deep down you really want to try your hand at achieving what the others have achieved. You were definitely curious about how it was done a year ago, and have even recently attempted a no-casualties game. I'm sure you have read all the suggestions and tactics in this forum, having been active here for so long a time. So my suggestion is to just be open-minded and try out the tactics given by the others. So stop showcasing yourself as being "above" such tactics and give them a go in your game. If you tried it and really didn't find the tactic to your liking, then don't do it and accept that you MIGHT be hindered by not using the said tactic.

Go on and do your thing, but don't rant on the tactics employed by others. I myself disdained the use of the invisible single unit green dragon/demoness/ancient vampire tactic, accepted that I would be handicapped by not using it in some tough fights, and pushed through and completed the game always using 5 units in every battle since I believed this is "what the developers had in mind". So go ahead and do your thing, but if you hit a wall be open-minded enough to consider the tactics suggested by other people.

And stop ranting on how other people play the game; no one is ranting on how you play, but people do take offense to how you converse at times.

Ryder
10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
And the winner is loreangelicus.

Just like the original KB and every Heroes game that followed, the aim of the game was to win in the quickest time possible to get the highest score possible. I fail to see what the difference is.

KBH, do you really think that the people at Katuri are sitting there tearing up because some very talented gamers learnt their game so indepth that they achieved scores they probably never thought possible? Personally I think they'd be very happy and they have probably learnt new ways to play themselves.

Just because you have no interest in doing it and more importantly, lack the ability to do it, there is no need to belittle the players who want to do it, enjoy doing it and can do it. Harden up.

Zhuangzi
10-31-2009, 02:02 PM
loreangelicus, you are giving me a laugh reading back over those old threads. Cheers for that. :-P KBH was basically complaining from day 1 about how people were apparently cheating because they were winning on Impossible easily/quickly. There was a time when I didn't think anyone would beat the 20 day mark on Impossible, but that was proven to be wrong. Live and learn. :)

BTW, Calinda has beaten Armored Princess (in Russian) in ten days on Impossible in his first run through:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7728&page=2

How d'ya like that, KBH? ;)

loreangelicus
10-31-2009, 03:19 PM
loreangelicus, you are giving me a laugh reading back over those old threads. Cheers for that. :-P KBH was basically complaining from day 1 about how people were apparently cheating because they were winning on Impossible easily/quickly. There was a time when I didn't think anyone would beat the 20 day mark on Impossible, but that was proven to be wrong. Live and learn. :)

BTW, Calinda has beaten Armored Princess (in Russian) in ten days on Impossible in his first run through:

The funny thing is that was my initial reaction as well; how could these guys do such feats without mods or cheats? But then I just accepted it as a challenge and tried it out myself.

Man, AP is taking so long, I actually though about doing a 5 days game/102 quests (according to spare time computations, it is very possible, but you have to do some quests AFTER killing Haas), but decided against it for now since AP is coming soon and KBH might throw a fit again. :)

Wow, for AP the paladin unit type seems to be the shoo-in for any army build... they've upped the staying power of level 5 units as well, giving them a second look, especially black dragons and archdemons who now have some of the highest life-per-leadership ratios.

DGDobrev
10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
I can't help but agree with that assessment. Paladins are just way too important, cost-effective, and useful for pretty much any party. Besides, if you team them up with other units properly, they will get you through any battle. For example, I love using Paladins + Knights. Paladins have Physical + Magic resistance while the Knights have Physical + Fire resistance. This way you get some nice flexibility for most of the battles. Enemies do physical or physical + magic? Use paladins + reserve ranged stack. Enemies do fire damage? Use Knights + Paladins.

The army that they don't fit in is the pure undead army, pure demon army, or an army of level 5 units. Paladins can only resurrect anything that is lvl 1-4, but that's barely a problem, since there are tons of great lvl 1-4 units :)

EDIT: Oh, of course. Plants and mech units too :)

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-31-2009, 06:11 PM

I don't like it at all Sir!

Yours Sincerely

The Pantomime baddy :grin:

Zhuangzi
11-01-2009, 12:12 AM
The funny thing is that was my initial reaction as well; how could these guys do such feats without mods or cheats? But then I just accepted it as a challenge and tried it out myself.

Man, AP is taking so long, I actually though about doing a 5 days game/102 quests (according to spare time computations, it is very possible, but you have to do some quests AFTER killing Haas), but decided against it for now since AP is coming soon and KBH might throw a fit again. :)

Wow, for AP the paladin unit type seems to be the shoo-in for any army build... they've upped the staying power of level 5 units as well, giving them a second look, especially black dragons and archdemons who now have some of the highest life-per-leadership ratios.

How can you do quests after beating Haas (i.e Cruel Haas)? When you get back to Greenwort, you can't leave the castle courtyard, i.e. you are blocked by a unit. So I don't think this will work. (Damn, 6 days isn't fast enough for you people? :-P)

loreangelicus
11-02-2009, 12:28 AM
How can you do quests after beating Haas (i.e Cruel Haas)? When you get back to Greenwort, you can't leave the castle courtyard, i.e. you are blocked by a unit. So I don't think this will work. (Damn, 6 days isn't fast enough for you people? :-P)

Reloaded my last save from my previous run, you are correct, a unit does block the bridge preventing further adventuring after this point.

It is still possible, but more careful time management is needed. Non-quest enemies could also be skipped since I ended with 1,056,007 experience which is a good buffer away from the required 875,000(?) to achieve level 30. Skipping enemies goes against my completist nature though...

I'm just actually curious if it is possible since 5 days/102 quests gives a score of 1,747 which is higher than 6 days/103 quest score of 1,742. If any of our Russian friends could post a screenshot of such a run my curiosity would be satisfied and I won't even think of doing such a feat. :)

Zhuangzi
11-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Reloaded my last save from my previous run, you are correct, a unit does block the bridge preventing further adventuring after this point.

It is still possible, but more careful time management is needed. Non-quest enemies could also be skipped since I ended with 1,056,007 experience which is a good buffer away from the required 875,000(?) to achieve level 30. Skipping enemies goes against my completist nature though...

I'm just actually curious if it is possible since 5 days/102 quests gives a score of 1,747 which is higher than 6 days/103 quest score of 1,742. If any of our Russian friends could post a screenshot of such a run my curiosity would be satisfied and I won't even think of doing such a feat. :)

Just let it go is my advice. Take a fortnight off and come back recharged for Armored Princess. New units, new islands, new challenge. :-P

loreangelicus
11-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Just let it go is my advice. Take a fortnight off and come back recharged for Armored Princess. New units, new islands, new challenge. :-P

Ok, letting it go, for now, at least until after I play AP. :) I do hope it doesn't take them till Christmas to release the English version...

Elwin
11-02-2009, 02:44 PM
nope, date is november 20th

Razorflame
11-09-2009, 02:00 PM
well i hope they ain't like blizzard keep post poning it forward:)

rav098
02-13-2010, 07:12 AM
mage on medium 51 days 650

Ryder
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
mage on medium 51 days 650
Not a bad start. Now you've got something to beat.

mikyoban
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I played KB since it was released but first time i post score

1387 (mage impossible)

lost one day bcz i cant defeated hass :/

slashCo
05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Hmm, I've never liked a scoring system that takes into account how many days it took to finish the game. I like to take my time, explore everything, fight everything, not rush through the game so I can get a higher score. I didn't like it in HOMM and I don't like it here.

As someone earlier said, "to each their own", but to be honest, when I see people abusing the game with all sorts of weird tricks and exploits just so they can get a bigger number at the end... I dunno, some people have a strange idea of fun.

I wonder what my score will be, probably pretty bad since I didn't rush through the game. I'm only entering the dwarven mines and it's already day 12, lol.

john_crapper
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Hmm, I've never liked a scoring system that takes into account how many days it took to finish the game. I like to take my time, explore everything, fight everything, not rush through the game so I can get a higher score. I didn't like it in HOMM and I don't like it here.

To get a high score you must explore and fight everything. I barely reached the 30 level mark in my impossible game after fighting the final boss, and I had level 3 learning skill and that item that grants 10% more. Fought everything i could find except in the demon world. So "rushing through the game", as you describe it contains everything you said you want to do.

And on that note i just finished my first impossible game (3-rd one overall) and here's the score: 1607

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9239/74881436.th.jpg (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/74881436.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5220/42789565.th.jpg (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/42789565.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Dog of Justice
06-23-2021, 05:39 PM

Just in case anyone looks back at this thread after >10 years:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2524766776
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2524766722

It's hard to guess from the "Most effective troops" stats, but the big stroke of luck in this run was access to 2 Shamans after the Dragon's Tooth Tavern quest extremely early in the game.