PDA

View Full Version : +% Critical Chance from Rage

BlackVegetable
10-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Hey, does anyone know the specifics on the bonus chance to crit from having Rage idle? I'm pretty sure I've seen a loading screen tell me as much and I've noticed it from experience as well.

Is the +% Crit a function of raw rage or a function of rage/maxrage?

How much of a bonus is it?

Is any +% Crit a percentage bonus of existing chance, or is each point 1/100 more than the base critical chance? (that is, if I've got an archer with 10% critical chance and he has some effect giving him +30% does that mean he now has 13% or 40%?)

And finally, do any of you find yourself holding back or holding off on expending rage to secure more critical hits for your troops?

Thanks for the answers!

Marlowe
10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure if it answers all your questions, but if you you use the interface mod (available in the Mods forum) you can see the percentage chance to crit for each unit (enemy units too). It also shows the percentage of increased damage for a critical hit (this also increases with the amount of rage, which I don't recall seeing in any of the documentation). The mod also has many other nice additions to the UI and I find it very worthwhile..

bugmenot
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
When your rage is empty a crit does 30% extra damage, when your rage is full you do 70% extra damage.

Crit bonus damage is rage/maxrage.

Bit bad really, since it means upgrading your max rage means your crits will generally do less damage.

I tend to spend rage as much as possible, wanting to get as much rage experience as I can, and now I've got a pretty high maxrage I very rarely get it half full.

And as Marlowe said, the Interface mod is very worthwhile. Pretty near essential.

No idea about items increasing crit attacks, but with the interface mod you'd see it easily.
________
no2 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizer.net)

vicheron
10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
So rage doesn't increase the chances of critical attacks? That sucks.

I guess the only way to increase the chances of criticals is through good morale.

reed
10-16-2008, 03:52 AM
So rage doesn't increase the chances of critical attacks? That sucks.

I guess the only way to increase the chances of criticals is through good morale.
it does

Kosiciel
10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
There is also a weapon called Dagger of sth, which gives +20% bonus to crits.

Shd
10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Rage increases both (critical hit damage and critical hit chance).

Formulas (from Russian fan manual) are:

CritDamageModifierByRage=1.3+CurrentRage/MaxRage*(1.7-1.3).

That means crit damage will be 1.3*"standart damage" if you have 0 rage and 1.7*"standart damage" if you have full rage. "standart damage" depends on many other parameters... :)

CritChance="standart chance"*ModCritByRage*ModCritByMorale

ModCritByRage=0.7+CurrentRage/MaxRage*(1.3-0.7)

ModCritByMorale:

-3 0
-2 0.5
-1 0.75
+0 1
+1 1.25
+2 1.5
+3 2

Look for english translation in this (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4559&page=3) thread (i know its automatic translation but still it is something (all thanks to Tempo))