PDA

View Full Version : Can't board back to ship

Gatts
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't know if this happens a lot, but I landed on small isle, to check for hidden tresure - but can't get back to the ship... There is nothing that could help me, is there? (using older save is known solution to me already :cool:)

milo
10-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Sometimes you can walk places using the cursor keys when you are stuck and the mouse does not seem to let you walk where you want to go. Is it a situation where you landed but can't get close enough to the boat?

Gatts
10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Yep - tried the arrow keys trick already (it really worked previously when I was in similar situation - actually the same just with happy ending) - This happend already x times to me but after few desperate tries of mouse clicks or using the arrow keyb keys I somehow boarded my ship again - this time nothing works (and I was trying it like for x hours - as this is my very good hero on impossible that was just getting exp prior he will kick Korador) - and I overwirtten all previous saves - because I decided to fight my UPDGRADE battels (artefact battles) on this small island... before each I pressed F5 - 6 battles - autosave is like 5 hours old :(

so now are not working the arrow keys not the ultimate on-boat clicking mayhems... still stuck on the island

milo
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't like using cheats but there is a summon boat cheat that might help
Press "Shift + ~ " ingame,type cheat code and press enter.
Boat = You need to be close to water to spawn ship.

I don't suppose you could get yourself killed with a keeper inhabitted item? With sacrifice you could make troops go mental. The cheats do not seem to work with my version of the game.

Gatts
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanx - well, cheat is not cheat if I am not using it to wind a game, but just to overcome a common bug :)

Well - my last backup plan was exactly to dismiss nearly all my units and get killed in upgrade battle to repawn in castle - but most of the units I gathered and wanted to have were already hired (100 from 160 black knights, so only 60 will remain for hire... :( ), so thanx again, I hope the code will work for me.

milo
10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Well there is a sacrificial knife mod that lets you convert living troops to undead, translated Knights, horsemen, veterans, gunners, demons, [ogrov] sacrificed will become black knights. The interface for the knife mod is in russian but its application is simple enough you talk to the knife and select one of your armies, if you selected a valid army to convert you will be taken to a second screen where you choose the second option, if you then use the knife troops will be converted.

translated description of units and what they sacrifice to
Spiders, poisonous spiders, fiery spiders - into the dead spiders
Peasants, robbers - in the skeletons
Archers - in the archer- skeletons
[Mechnikov], looters, pirates, barbarians, dryads, miners, [goblinov], it is non - in [zombi]
Guardsmen, priests, [berserkerov], elves, gnomes, [orkov] - into the ghosts
Inquisitors, marine wolves, druids, [katapultistov] - into the vampires
Knights, horsemen, [orkov]- veterans, gunners, demons, [ogrov] - into the black knights
Pathfinders, alchemists, [demoness] - into the ancient vampires
[Arkhimagov], shamans - into [nekromantov]
Emerald, red, black draconic - in the bone draconic

Btw if you flee with a full army you will get more gold when you restart.

Gatts
10-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Cool - didn't know about the gold based on remaining army (I fled always with nearly no army, or none army at all - I thought the money are calculated only based on level)
The sarcifical knife is the mode I am totally looking for :) thanx

BTW - the BOAT code worked fine, after 3 days of waiting I was so furious I cleared both undead islands and all 3 elven ilsands (maps better said)... normally I would rather seek only some fights and postponing the strong and stornger enemies :)