PDA

View Full Version : Failed the road architect's quest

Kolorabi
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I got a quest from one of the road architects where I was supposed to go get a dragon egg from the dragon homeworld. Then I kind of stubled across the gate to their homeworld, and was thrown in without being ready. I immediately went back, and thought nothing of it at the time. But now it seems to be impossible to return, and when I talk to the architect the quest is failed.

So, okay, I can live with that. But my demon wife recently told me about a sword that one of the architects have, which is apparently very helpful for defeating Bhaal (or whatshisname). And naturally, I want it. Is it possible for me to obtain this? The architect's shop is closed off for me now.

milo
10-13-2008, 01:21 AM
sword is +3 attack, +3 intelligence +30 attack against demons and costs 100000, are you sure you cant go back through the portal?

Viro
10-13-2008, 07:02 AM
btw, you can steal the egg without fighting the dragons... they only attack after you take the egg.

Likethat
10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
haha i actually got the egg without a fight..

and you dont need to have that weapon to defeat baal.. i defeated baal before i defeated xeona by accident.. ( i was just running around down there confused like a Mofo)

JorisS
10-13-2008, 05:09 PM
What benefits does the demon wife have? Currently have the elvish princess, but the bonus to elves is pretty useless to me atm... plus that despite several kisses she just doesn't seem to get pregnant :-P

Kolorabi
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be possible to go back (it seems to be a scripted event rather than a standard portal), and since I originally went through the portal a long time ago, I can't just reload. So it seems I'm screwed. Oh, well.

JorisS: The demon wife gives 1+ morale to demon units. She also has two weapon slots, one boot slot and one artifact(or regalia?) slot. It was mainly the two weapon slots that made me select her.

kuqumi
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM
The demon wife Xeona has two weapon slots, one boot slot, and one belt/artifact slot.

Xelian
10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
The Sword is quite usefull though. 3 Int and 3 Attack. It is worth it.