PDA

View Full Version : Black dragon? :D

gil300
10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
heeeey all :)
So where can I find this little cute dragon :D? I know where to get bone ones and red ones just need the black ones and green ones :D

espritcrafter
10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I've only found them as eggs, and have explored almost everywhere.

So far, I've only managed to find 5 eggs, which is perfect for my mage's current leadership.

I found 1 in the the Dragon's world Altrax or soemthing like that, after talking to a demon in the demon portal, found 2 nest in the undead land, where there are a few black dragon patrols roaming around, and 2 more in the gremlin castle I bought from the Dwarves' capitol.

As for the emerald green dragons, I vaguely remember them being on the island in the elven lands. You have to go on an island from your ship, go down into a dungeon or something, where there are several emerald green dragons patrolling, and at the end, there's a merchant where you can buy a bunch of them from.

Before i found the merchants for them, and since i'm playing as a mage, whenever I would obtain a rare unit (for that part in the game) such as a dragon or I get my leadership up and can control more, I would use the spell sacrifice to increase their numbers. I mostly charm enemy units and use them as the sacrifice.

ganjatron
10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Charm+sacrifice = ingenious! But I assume you would have to have a high enough level of charm to control units with enough leadership that you can sacrifice them for a dragon. I need to try this out.

I don't know what is static and what is random in this game. I too, got a black dragon egg (and a red dragon egg) from Ultrix or whatever. The demon guy who gives you this quest actually sold Green dragons after I completed the quest.

In the gremlin castle, I found 1 black dragon egg and 1 bone dragon egg.

Once you get to elven lands, I suggest you get a boat ASAP and sail around to the other zone (not great sea - the other one.) I found a cave that can only be reached by boat and it had over 50 green dragons for sale. The name of the cave was "Dragon's Den." It is up on a hill you can reach unless you take a boat and dock on the eastern shores.

Once the dwarven mines are open, you can skillfully run all the way to demon lands and get those dragon eggs at level 7 or whatever. Same is true with the gremlin castle. The other areas seem to be unlocked by completing the main quest storyline.

Xelian
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Charm+sacrifice = ingenious! But I assume you would have to have a high enough level of charm to control units with enough leadership that you can sacrifice them for a dragon. I need to try this out.

I don't know what is static and what is random in this game. I too, got a black dragon egg (and a red dragon egg) from Ultrix or whatever. The demon guy who gives you this quest actually sold Green dragons after I completed the quest.

In the gremlin castle, I found 1 black dragon egg and 1 bone dragon egg.

Once you get to elven lands, I suggest you get a boat ASAP and sail around to the other zone (not great sea - the other one.) I found a cave that can only be reached by boat and it had over 50 green dragons for sale. The name of the cave was "Dragon's Den." It is up on a hill you can reach unless you take a boat and dock on the eastern shores.

Once the dwarven mines are open, you can skillfully run all the way to demon lands and get those dragon eggs at level 7 or whatever. Same is true with the gremlin castle. The other areas seem to be unlocked by completing the main quest storyline.

Most of the dwellings are random based. There is a black dragon cave in the Death Valley in the land of the elves for me. Though I think Black Dragons aren't very good choice. They are fearsome enemies but they can't fight other dragons or demons good due to their fire immunity.

Antiga
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
The dragon's den Ganjatron mentions is not random either. It will always have green emerald dragons. Probably 39 of them. Then next to this place is a small island with a lighthouse-ish building on it. In my previous 2 games this building had Green emerald dragons as well.

Lands of death *should* have black dragons. There's a dragon's den there as well. Or 2 even. One sells bone, the other sells black dragons. If you get to the lands of death trough CLOSEST book of death when entering the elven lands from darion, immediatly get a ship and sail to the right. Towards Karador's castle. There's a place to disembark here. Evade the enemies and head in the direction you came via sea, but now on land. The closest building *should* have black dragons. *Should* as in I don't know how random this is.

Black dragons are the perfect tankers, their Power of Dragons ability can be extremely usefull. You can make them almost immune to all but poison damage, if you have the right items. But for actual combat Red Dragons have higher damage pottential.

Sandsai
10-12-2008, 10:17 PM
All you really need is just one black dragon and the rest you can pick via diplomacy, great skill in this regard. There is also a Dragon's Den for both Red and Black Dragons in the Valley of Death.

espritcrafter
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Well, I use demoness/succubess (whatever you call them, the female demons) to charm. With a decent size stack of them, you can charm most things. My stack of close to 90'ish of them can charm a little above 10k leadership stacks.