PDA

View Full Version : No druids at all in the elf lands (+ land of death) of my game :(

littleduckie
10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Cleared the entire elf lands.. except the parts locked by the gates where the green dragons are.. and thus far there isn't a single druid anywhere for me to recruit :(

None in the land of death either :(

Anyone know if druids can possibly be found anywhere else? (I know it's random.. but whether if anyone has seen druids outside of the elf lands)

Zhuangzi
10-11-2008, 08:52 AM
In my game there were druids in the Freedom Isles in the mage's tower - the guy who sells the Power of Water spell that brings the ghost ship up for you to buy stuff from. I don't think he sold druids in my first game, but he did in the second.

Are druids worth using? Looking at their stats (and relative scarcity) I decided not to bother with them.

littleduckie
10-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I guess it depends on the particular strategy you're employing.. for me, I'm using an army composed purely of elven units and would like druids to round out the roster :) Also it's in part because having the Archmage talent allows me to recruit druids with less leadership.

Speaking of the mage tower in islands of freedom, what is that scroll for? Till now I still have it in my inventory with no idea what to do with it.

All the various "quests" huts that eventually sell you troops after you have done their quests are selling me anything but druids.. The castle with the elven princess sells Elves (the archers), wolfevine elf and barbarians (O.o) Druid elen sells wolves >.<

The elf beside the capital turned to selling sprites while the one at the harbour sold more archer Elves. :(

nano
10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
In my current game there are druids in Verlon Forest. The guy at the beach (Merchant Mishar) is selling them

Zhuangzi
10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm up to the elven lands in my current game, and when I complete the 'find a flower' quest, the elven dwelling offers unlimited druids. I don't think this was the case in my first game, but I could be wrong...

Power of Water is a one-off spell that works just around the corner from the place where you buy it. There is some debris floating in the water around to the left, and if you sail close to it, a popup window will ask you if you want to use the scroll. A ghost ship comes up from the depths, selling some stuff. Nothing exceptional in my game.

I am finding Druids quite useful now. They are a weak ranged unit but they can essentially hypnotize any animal and also spawn bears or ancient bears - that's pretty cool. Still, I doubt I'll seek them out after the elven lands.

phoenixreborn
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I got druids in Arlania and somewhere in the elven lands (maybe magic valley?). Don't like them much though.

littleduckie
10-12-2008, 03:49 AM
I finally found them in Demonis >.< Demonis apparently sells troops of every race (don't think I saw orcs though) .. except that it is very inaccessible ..

But yeah, if one is using a pure elven army, there's not much good alternatives.. since there are so many fire damage dealing monsters by this point of the game (demonis, dragons, etc.) ants and sprites are not viable. :(

Thanks for the tip on the waterscroll ;)