PDA

View Full Version : Combating hypnosis

fld88
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I was finding this game very creative, fun and addictive but then I ran into a character that wields hypnosis that seems to last indefinitely. Killing off all the opponents didn’t end the battle because my archmages effectively became an enemy troop. I couldn’t dispel the hypnosis. I tried running around and defending hoping to take as little damage as possible until it wore off but it didn’t. I ended up having to kill off my entire stack of 100+ archmages to end the battle. To me that is absurd and frustrating but hopefully someone knows of a strategy for this.

Xelian
10-09-2008, 07:00 AM
I was finding this game very creative, fun and addictive but then I ran into a character that wields hypnosis that seems to last indefinitely. Killing off all the opponents didn’t end the battle because my archmages effectively became an enemy troop. I couldn’t dispel the hypnosis. I tried running around and defending hoping to take as little damage as possible until it wore off but it didn’t. I ended up having to kill off my entire stack of 100+ archmages to end the battle. To me that is absurd and frustrating but hopefully someone knows of a strategy for this.

This must have been a bug. I mean... Did it indicated that the archmages are under hypnosis? When you hold Shift and click on the stack it shows what is effecting the stack. Was it a hero spell that put the archmages under hypnosys? And hmmm i'm not quite sure but i think archmages were immune to mind effecting spells?

fld88
10-10-2008, 01:13 AM
This must have been a bug. I mean... Did it indicated that the archmages are under hypnosis? When you hold Shift and click on the stack it shows what is effecting the stack. Was it a hero spell that put the archmages under hypnosys? And hmmm i'm not quite sure but i think archmages were immune to mind effecting spells?

Thanks, I didn't know about Shift click tip.

It was a spell cast by Heo in the mines but I cannot say for sure that it was hypnosis. Whatever it was my stack of archmages turned against me for 7 or 8 turns until I killed them. They are level 4 characters so it must have been a bug. Even level 1 characters shouldn't be under hypnosis for that long.

Shd
10-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Looks like bug.

Did you used "sacrifice" ability before they turned on you (for me its looks like more "out of control" effect than hypnosis, but in "out of control" case they must obey you after you reached max unit cap)?

fld88
10-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Looks like bug.

Did you used "sacrifice" ability before they turned on you (for me its looks like more "out of control" effect than hypnosis, but in "out of control" case they must obey you after you reached max unit cap)?

I didn't have sacrifice at the time but I do now and what a lovely spell. But more than losing control my archmages were attacking me.

I was confusing my stacks. I'm not sure how many archmages I had, probably 30 something.

I restarted and decided that I was going to play my first game on normal difficulty and it is more enjoyable. And I'm back to a mage which is also more enjoyable. There is a crazy amount of money playing normal though. I'm also trying to make it through the game without reloading but I doubt I will prevail all the way to the end.

No reloading means you have to let go at times. With sacrifice, I had built up an army of archmages, horseman, royal snakes, swordsmen and polar bears that I was using all through the game. But then I stumbled on the boss spider and was wiped out of everything but my royal snakes. I still had 60 of them when I was done--what awesome creatures they are. Now I have a royal snake and dwarf army :)

Coincidentally I just ran into Heo again while looking for the badges, this time I took him out in fine style.

LiveInABox
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah i was wondering how to dispel hypnosis..i was getting it from dryads and the dispel spell doesnt work..

Shd
10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
LiveInABox: Dryads have no Hypnosis. They have sleep ability :)

fld88: Good luck at normal difficulty. And don't worry about "crazy amount of money". If you will start to buy runes, then money will go to 0 very fast :)

reed
10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
i often saw evil beholders cast hypnosis on it's own troop

dont know what's that for

bman654
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I think you can give your troop a 2nd go if you use hypnosis on them after they have gone.